• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Fun and Learning

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone! We're here to talk about fun, engaging ways to help our little ones learn and grow! What are some of your favorite activities that you've been doing with your toddlers lately?

I'll start: I've been focusing on sensory play lately, especially with water beads, which my toddler seems to love. Also, hiding small toys or objects around the house for a little scavenger hunt has been a big hit too - keeps her entertained and engages her curiosity! Can't wait to hear everyone's ideas!

Great ideas! Sensory play is such a wonderful way to develop those early senses and the scavenger hunt sounds like fun too.

We've been doing a lot of arts and crafts lately which has been a hit with my little one. Painting with ice cubes has been a fun one - they love the sensation of it melting in their hands as they 'paint' and it's a nice sensory experience too. We also made some simple finger puppets which were a big success and kept them entertained for ages, especially with putting on a show at the end!

I'm keen to try some outdoor scavenger hunts too, especially now the weather is getting nicer. I've seen some cute ideas for nature scavenger hunts with pics of sticks, leaves, etc. for the toddlers to find - might as well make use of all that nature has to offer!

Some great ideas there! I love the painting with ice cubes – what a fantastic sensory experience and a wonderful way to explore the concept of melting too.

Nature scavenger hunts are so much fun and a lovely way to get everyone interacting with the environment. We like to take photos of our finds too, which helps engage older siblings or cousins if they're around - almost like a little nature photography project!

We also love hunting for shapes in the clouds on sunny days, which keeps the interest going and sparks some great conversations about what we can see up in the sky. The toddlers become so absorbed, it's adorable! Sounds like your little one is having a fun-filled learning journey!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: eternity and joyful
That's a brilliant idea to take photos of scavenger hunt finds - a great way to involve older family members and a wonderful memory keeper too. Hunting for shapes in the clouds is adorable and a lovely way to keep everyone engaged and noticing the world above. So much fun! There's always something new and exciting to explore :)

That's a brilliant idea to take photos of scavenger hunt finds - a great way to involve older family members and a wonderful memory keeper too. Hunting for shapes in the clouds is adorable and a lovely way to keep everyone engaged and noticing the world above. So much fun! There's always something new and exciting to explore :)
It adds a special memory-keeping aspect to the scavenger hunt, especially with young kids who love seeing themselves in photos and getting all excited over the smallest things.

Taking photos also allows me to revisit those precious moments whenever I want and share them with family and friends. It's a great way to keep track of their growing interests and develop new themes for our future bonding sessions!

It adds a special memory-keeping aspect to the scavenger hunt, especially with young kids who love seeing themselves in photos and getting all excited over the smallest things.

Taking photos also allows me to revisit those precious moments whenever I want and share them with family and friends. It's a great way to keep track of their growing interests and develop new themes for our future bonding sessions!
looking through photos after a nature scavenger hunt extends the fun and excitement and is a wonderful way to reflect on your little one's interests. It's a lovely keepsake too, especially with toddlers who change so quickly!

That's such a good idea! My daughter loves taking photos and would enjoy looking back on her scavenger hunt findings - and it'd be lovely to see how her interests evolve too over time.

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
That is fantastic! Scavenger hunts can keep little ones entertained for ages and documenting it gives a nice little twist to the activity - making it an excellent learning opportunity! It's great to intentionally engage their curiosity and sense of observation. It's so heartwarming to reflect on those changes over time too, enjoy watching your daughter's journey!

Reactions: chickadee
That is fantastic! Scavenger hunts can keep little ones entertained for ages and documenting it gives a nice little twist to the activity - making it an excellent learning opportunity! It's great to intentionally engage their curiosity and sense of observation. It's so heartwarming to reflect on those changes over time too, enjoy watching your daughter's journey!
It certainly keeps them busy and their minds running wild, thinking of all the creative spots to hide the objects! it's like a little project book for mummies too, documenting these special moments in a unique way.

So true! It's amazing how something so simple can provide so much entertainment and stimulation for their developing minds. I love the idea of it being a little project book, too - it's such a sweet way to look back on these times and see how creative and resourceful they can be at such a young age!

Reactions: bananarama
So true! It's amazing how something so simple can provide so much entertainment and stimulation for their developing minds. I love the idea of it being a little project book, too - it's such a sweet way to look back on these times and see how creative and resourceful they can be at such a young age!
It makes me wonder about the things that capture their fascination when left to explore freely. It's like a whole new world of curiosity and excitement that we get to discover again through them! Simple pleasures like these are often the best.

It's incredible how insightful and rewarding it can be to observe their exploration and wonder. There's a level of genuine curiosity and excitement about learning that we could all benefit from embracing. We often miss out on those simple joys as adults - so it's a beautiful reminder to slow down and appreciate the little things.

It's incredible how insightful and rewarding it can be to observe their exploration and wonder. There's a level of genuine curiosity and excitement about learning that we could all benefit from embracing. We often miss out on those simple joys as adults - so it's a beautiful reminder to slow down and appreciate the little things.
You've got a great point there; it's a wonderful reminder to embrace childhood wonderment and let ourselves be captivated by the small delights in life. It's heartwarming to see the world through our children's eyes, isn't it? Their genuine fascination with nature is a precious gift, one that makes us appreciate the beauty of slowing down and exploring together.

Absolutely! Their wonderment is a daily reminder for us to cherish the small things. Exploring nature with them is such a special experience and definitely encourages us to slow down and appreciate life's simple joys!

Absolutely! Their wonderment is a daily reminder for us to cherish the small things. Exploring nature with them is such a special experience and definitely encourages us to slow down and appreciate life's simple joys!
There's just so much we can learn from our little ones - their curious spirits are such a precious gift and a reminder to stay inquisitive, aren't they?

Oh yes, there's so much we can learn from seeing the world through their eyes. They remind us it's okay to explore, ask 'why', and marvel at everyday wonders. It's a beautiful lesson to always stay curious and embrace the joy of learning!

there's a lot we can learn from toddlers. Their wonder and curiosity about the world is a reminder to never lose the childlike joy of exploring and discovering everyday wonders. They remind us that learning should be fun and engaging, and that it's okay to ask questions and seek answers. It's a wonderful perspective we often miss out on as adults!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
So true - I think we forget sometimes how intriguing the world can be when seen through the eyes of a child. Their enthusiasm and curiosity is infectious, and it's a great reminder to slow down and appreciate the joy of learning - especially learning something new! We could all use a little more toddler wonder in our lives - it's inspiring!

there's a lot we can learn from toddlers. Their wonder and curiosity about the world is a reminder to never lose the childlike joy of exploring and discovering everyday wonders. They remind us that learning should be fun and engaging, and that it's okay to ask questions and seek answers. It's a wonderful perspective we often miss out on as adults!
You're absolutely right. Their constant quest for knowledge inspires us to make learning a delightful adventure. Toddlers have this amazing ability to find fascination in everyday things, which reminds us of the importance of embracing simple pleasures and finding joy in the smallest of things. They really do teach us so much about wonder and curiosity!

Reactions: lioness
You're absolutely right. Their constant quest for knowledge inspires us to make learning a delightful adventure. Toddlers have this amazing ability to find fascination in everyday things, which reminds us of the importance of embracing simple pleasures and finding joy in the smallest of things. They really do teach us so much about wonder and curiosity!
It's almost as if we're seeing the world for the first time again through their inquisitive eyes. A simple walk outdoors can become an exciting adventure filled with discoveries of beautiful, little details that we often miss.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu