• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Fun and Learning

Those paints are great, aren't they? My little one loves them too, and the self-contained nature of the sets means I don't have to worry about setting up too much either - which is a bonus on busy days! We've also started using these paint sticks that you just rub across the paper; they're another low-mess option that's really easy to use and creates some lovely effects.

Yes - those self-contained paint sets are fantastic for easy, no-fuss toddler painting! Low-mess arts and crafts are always a win in my book - especially when they create beautiful art pieces too. I'd love to check out these paint sticks you mentioned; could you recommend the brand or where I might find them? Always on the lookout for new easy, fun options!

Reactions: sunnydays
I get mine from Amazon, they are Crayola Paint Sticks. They're easy to use, no mess and the paint doesn't dry out quickly so you don't have to worry about wasting any. They peel off like lip balms, and are a lot of fun! I find the paper that comes in the sets is pretty good quality too - which is nice for displaying afterwards.

I get mine from Amazon, they are Crayola Paint Sticks. They're easy to use, no mess and the paint doesn't dry out quickly so you don't have to worry about wasting any. They peel off like lip balms, and are a lot of fun! I find the paper that comes in the sets is pretty good quality too - which is nice for displaying afterwards.
Great! I'll check those out, thanks! Always good to have some on hand for a quick activity and they're portable too - fantastic recommendation!

Thank you! I'm always on the lookout for new ideas to keep my little one entertained, especially when we're out. These suggestions are great because they're so simple yet engaging!

Thank you! I'm always on the lookout for new ideas to keep my little one entertained, especially when we're out. These suggestions are great because they're so simple yet engaging!
Simple is usually best when it comes to toddlers! It's amazing how easily entertained they can be with the right things. Hope you and your little one have fun trying out all these mess-free art ideas and discovering some new favorites 😊🎨

It's incredible how creative you can get without making a mess! We have fun exploring artsy ways to keep them engaged. Can't wait to try some more and discover new favorites! 🎨🤗

Some great ideas here! I love using pipe cleaners and colourful beads to make necklaces or creating little animal shapes - and then wearing them as a badge during the day. Anything wearable seems to go down well with my little one! We also enjoy good ol' stickers - they're so easy to pack and great for keeping busy while waiting somewhere. And of course, sticker books are a hit too - especially finding the right sticker to fit the page. We have some fun ones with different themes like dinosaurs or fairy tales.

Some great ideas here! I love using pipe cleaners and colourful beads to make necklaces or creating little animal shapes - and then wearing them as a badge during the day. Anything wearable seems to go down well with my little one! We also enjoy good ol' stickers - they're so easy to pack and great for keeping busy while waiting somewhere. And of course, sticker books are a hit too - especially finding the right sticker to fit the page. We have some fun ones with different themes like dinosaurs or fairy tales.
Ooh yes! We love sticker books too! My toddler also enjoys wearing her creations, turning arts and crafts into fashion accessories is so fun and cute 😁.

Ooh yes! We love sticker books too! My toddler also enjoys wearing her creations, turning arts and crafts into fashion accessories is so fun and cute 😁.
It's amazing how stickers can keep them focused and engaged, especially when they are outgrowing their toys and becoming more aware of the world around them. It's a nice phase to navigate and discover what they enjoy!

Stickers really are a toddler's best friend! They're like little rewards for doing... well, anything really! And you're so right about this being such an intriguing age as their awareness grows and they become more mobile and adventurous. It's fascinating to see what captures their interest and holds their attention.

Stickers are a great way to reinforce learning too - especially for simple chores and tasks! We often use them as a reward for our little one helping out with setting the table or keeping the room tidy. It's amazing how something so small can bring so much joy, but it sure does make the toddler years a lot more fun!

Stickers are a fantastic idea - and they're so affordable too! It's a great, independent way to boost their confidence and sense of achievement as they start to understand what helping out looks like. And you're so right about the joy factor - it's amazing how much sticker happiness there is!

They most certainly are! It's an age-old trick but such a good one because it works so well and has so many applications too. We've even seen some parents create really elaborate sticker charts with different tiers and rewards - they're like little works of art! But simple is often best and the sticker happiness is a wonderful thing to witness.

They most certainly are! It's an age-old trick but such a good one because it works so well and has so many applications too. We've even seen some parents create really elaborate sticker charts with different tiers and rewards - they're like little works of art! But simple is often best and the sticker happiness is a wonderful thing to witness.
I'm all about simplicity, especially when it comes to keeping things manageable for busy parents! The sticker method is such an easy and effective way to engage toddlers without too much hassle, and as you've said, the sense of achievement is so rewarding for little ones 🤩.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu