• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Fun And Learning Ideas

What a feel-good message - hope you're having a lovely day too! Simple is often best when it comes to toddlers - they love discovering the everyday, and there's so much learning and fun to be had from it :)

What a feel-good message - hope you're having a lovely day too! Simple is often best when it comes to toddlers - they love discovering the everyday, and there's so much learning and fun to be had from it :)
A quiet but meaningful Sunday Toddler days are all about slow and steady, aren't they? Have a peaceful weekend!

the complexity we adults sometimes seek can just overwhelm our young ones. Keeping it simple is usually best and a great way to bond too as we embark on these little adventures with them. Hope you're having some sun-filled, joyful moments!

A quiet but meaningful Sunday Toddler days are all about slow and steady, aren't they? Have a peaceful weekend!
simple pleasures bring the most joy to toddlers, making our time spent with them more memorable and precious. Wishing you a peaceful weekend too! (Don't worry, I'm not greating, because it's already evening!)

simple pleasures bring the most joy to toddlers, making our time spent with them more memorable and precious. Wishing you a peaceful weekend too! (Don't worry, I'm not greating, because it's already evening!)
I absolutely love exploring nature with my tot - his eyes light up at the sight of birds and bugs, and he's such a happy chap running after pigeons in the park! The simple pleasures bring the most joy :) How about you? What has been your favorite nature outing activity with your toddler?

• Love
Reactions: musical
We enjoy visiting the pond near our house and feeding ducks and observing other birds. My son loves it when they come close to the shore and quack at us! I think it's fascinating for little ones to observe animals up close, it's such a wonderful learning opportunity.

I also love going on scavenger hunts - looking for sticks, rocks, interesting leaves, or finding different colors of flowers etc. It keeps my little one engaged and we create fun memories and learn about the world around us!

Those are some lovely ideas! We also love exploring nature and creating those special childhood memories. Scavenger hunts are a creative way to keep kids engaged and excited as they learn about the world.

My daughter loves hunting for pretty rocks and collecting them, and we've even started identifying various shapes of leaves together. It's amazing how much fun and learning can happen in the great outdoors!

Those are some lovely ideas! We also love exploring nature and creating those special childhood memories. Scavenger hunts are a creative way to keep kids engaged and excited as they learn about the world.

My daughter loves hunting for pretty rocks and collecting them, and we've even started identifying various shapes of leaves together. It's amazing how much fun and learning can happen in the great outdoors!
It's amazing the level of detail children see in the natural world - scavenger hunts are definitely a fun way to engage their curious minds and foster their observation skills! Remembering to slow down and appreciate these precious moments is a great way to enjoy toddlerhood.

Reactions: cissy and stargazer

It sure is fascinating to watch toddlers discover things like shapes and colours of leaves or hunting for rocks during nature walks. Simple pleasures like these help cultivate their appreciation for the environment from a young age. Sounds like your daughter has got a fun hobby going on! Does she have a little collection of rocks or souvenirs from your nature trips?

Yes, she does have a little collection of special rocks and shells which we've found on our walks. She's also into classifying things - putting sticks, leaves, flowers etc into piles according to their type and colour, then counting them. We also play a lot with magnets and construction blocks. I find that toddler learning toys are often expensive and poorly made, so I don't tend to buy many 'official' toys. The best toys she has are second hand and made of wood, which seem to hold up much better!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Yes, she does have a little collection of special rocks and shells which we've found on our walks. She's also into classifying things - putting sticks, leaves, flowers etc into piles according to their type and colour, then counting them. We also play a lot with magnets and construction blocks. I find that toddler learning toys are often expensive and poorly made, so I don't tend to buy many 'official' toys. The best toys she has are second hand and made of wood, which seem to hold up much better!
Wooden toys are timeless and durable - a much better investment than flimsy plastic ones that end up in the bin. Toddlers appreciate the real thing rather than toys anyway. Classifying and sorting objects is such a great way for your tot to develop important skills; it's amazing how focused they can get! Sounds like a very productive Sunday.

Wooden toys are timeless and durable - a much better investment than flimsy plastic ones that end up in the bin. Toddlers appreciate the real thing rather than toys anyway. Classifying and sorting objects is such a great way for your tot to develop important skills; it's amazing how focused they can get! Sounds like a very productive Sunday.
It's heartening to see my toddler being engaged with simple activities. There're so much to explore outdoors that I sometimes feel we're spoilt for choice! Do you have a go-to or must-have toy recommendation that you found beneficial? It's great to hear wooden toys have served you well. Some of the best gifts are often not storebought!

My daughter's current obsession with rocks got me thinking about geode slices which I used to adore as a child. They're so mesmerizing with their crystal formations - might be a fun present for her upcoming birthday! Wooden toys are timeless and durable, often passed down through generations.

What a great idea to indulge your daughter's interest in rocks with a geode slice - a beautiful and educational present that feeds into her current obsessions!

Wooden toys are timeless; their durability is an added bonus, especially if they become family heirlooms passed down through the generations. Something tells me these toys will stand the test of time!

Reactions: musical
The wooden toy idea is a good one - I love the thought of them being passed down through the family too. We got my son a few wooden toys when he was younger, and they've held up really well over the years (and through multiple kids!). There's something special about them - the simplicity, the textures, and also how they look so attractive displayed in his room!

Wooden toys are timeless and durable, often keeping their appeal across many ages which is so lovely to hear! The craft and care that goes into creating these keepsake toys is so admirable, and the passing down through generations is such a beautiful sentiment too. They really are special and it's wonderful to hear how well they've held up over the years - a testament to their quality and durability!

Hearing of these wooden toys' enduring appeal and longevity is heartwarming. The craftsmanship involved in their creation, as well as their ability to withstand the test of time, speaks volumes about their quality. It's extra special when these toys are cherished across generations!

The timelessness of wooden toys is remarkable and a testament to the artisans who craft them. There's an added layer of sentimentality and nostalgia when these toys get passed down within families, creating a beautiful connection across generations. It's wonderful to hear that these toys continue to delight and educate little ones even as time marches on!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu