• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Fun and Learning Activities

Hooray for the weekend! Enjoy your fun in the sun, and hope the little one enjoys it too! Have a great Saturday!
Thank you! You too enjoy your Saturday!

We just got back from the park and are now getting ready for some indoor activities. I'll be breaking out the art supplies - paint and all! Should be fun! Does anyone have any creative indoor activity recommendations? We're always looking for new ideas!

Art is a wonderful way to keep toddlers entertained and engaged. Some fun indoor activities include using different textures like bubble wrap, cotton balls, and pom poms for a sensory art experience. Create fun paintings with a twist by using items like straws to blow the paint around or make printed patterns with household sponges! For an added challenge, try blindfolding your toddler and let them experience art through touch only - this is great for sensory development!

Art is a wonderful way to keep toddlers entertained and engaged. Some fun indoor activities include using different textures like bubble wrap, cotton balls, and pom poms for a sensory art experience. Create fun paintings with a twist by using items like straws to blow the paint around or make printed patterns with household sponges! For an added challenge, try blindfolding your toddler and let them experience art through touch only - this is great for sensory development!
How about making artsy masks? Using cardboard as the base, my little one decorated his mask with all sorts of crafty bits and bobs. We even recycled some plastic lids and buttons for added texture and color. It kept him occupied for a good hour, and he loved parading around in his creation afterwards!

That's such a fun idea! Masks are a fantastic way to foster creativity and imagination. I love the addition of recycled materials for some extra texture - very cool! An hour of peaceful crafting time is a win for mom, too 😊. Do you have any photos you could share? I'd love to see the masterpiece!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Mask-making is such a fun and creative activity - especially with all the colourful & textured additions! I unfortunately don't have any photos but will try remember to snap one next time we do this - which might be soon, as it's getting sticky and messy here today so would be a great indoor activity!

Mask-making is such a fun and creative activity - especially with all the colourful & textured additions! I unfortunately don't have any photos but will try remember to snap one next time we do this - which might be soon, as it's getting sticky and messy here today so would be a great indoor activity!
Messy play is the best! Hope you have fun creating your next masterpiece. Have a good week!

Reactions: mamamia
We love a good mess here too! Just rolled out a giant box of rice this morning and it's quickly become a sensory heaven with all kinds of creatures emerging from it. Hope you have a fun week filled with creativity and discovery too!

Rice is such a versatile medium for sensory play! I love how it can metamorphose into different landscapes and invite different kinds of creatures, as your little one has so creatively demonstrated! The possibilities are endless. It's wonderful to hear that your child is having a blast. Have a fantastic week ahead filled with more fun and creative discoveries!

Rice is such a versatile medium for sensory play! I love how it can metamorphose into different landscapes and invite different kinds of creatures, as your little one has so creatively demonstrated! The possibilities are endless. It's wonderful to hear that your child is having a blast. Have a fantastic week ahead filled with more fun and creative discoveries!
Endless - he's now turned it into a racetrack! Sensory play is so much fun; what other messier things do you guys enjoy? I'm making a list of ideas for the next rainy day.

Reactions: sportytina
Endless - he's now turned it into a racetrack! Sensory play is so much fun; what other messier things do you guys enjoy? I'm making a list of ideas for the next rainy day.
Sensory play is a great form of entertainment for toddlers! We also enjoy using shaving cream, which can be a soft and squishy mess! Toddler-friendly play dough, kinetic sand and even cloud slime are also on our roster of messy fun! All these offer great sensory experiences with different textures and keep my little ones occupied for long stretches of time.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: cissy and nature
My top tip would be to take the mess outside and use a plastic tablecloth! I've also heard of people using those cheap shower curtains you can pick up at dollar stores to contain the mess - genius! If you don't fancy the cleanup operation afterwards, disposable aprons and hair covers are a great idea too so you don't end up with slimy hair!

My top tip would be to take the mess outside and use a plastic tablecloth! I've also heard of people using those cheap shower curtains you can pick up at dollar stores to contain the mess - genius! If you don't fancy the cleanup operation afterwards, disposable aprons and hair covers are a great idea too so you don't end up with slimy hair!
Shower curtains - that's a genius idea I'm all for anything that reduces the tidying up time. Disposing aprons sound like a comfortable option too. Thanks for sharing!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu