• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Fun and Learning Activities

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
We've been focusing so much on babies recently, that we've forgotten about the fun activities you can do with toddlers!

Let's share ideas for fun, educational activities to keep our energetic tots engaged and learning. What have you been doing lately that your toddler enjoys? It could be a simple sensory play activity, some arts and crafts, or even a fun way to sneak in some learning of colours or numbers - the sky's the limit!

I'll kick us off: J has been loving our DIY water wall recently. We set up a large cardboard box against the fence outdoors, punched holes in it and threaded pipes and plastic tubing through it. Then we simply filled up the top bucket with water and watched the water flow down through the different levels, turning taps and wheels along the way. Simple, Mess-free fun that kept him entertained for over an hour! Plus lots of learning about cause and effect and some science too as we talk about how water flows downhill.

That sounds like so much fun! My little one loves anything with water, too. We recently set up a 'fishing' game using a small plastic pool, some pom poms and toy fishing rods. She loved scooping the 'fish' out of the water and learning to count them afterwards. We also added some colour recognition by using differently coloured pom poms. Simple but effective!

That sounds like so much fun! My little one loves anything with water, too. We recently set up a 'fishing' game using a small plastic pool, some pom poms and toy fishing rods. She loved scooping the 'fish' out of the water and learning to count them afterwards. We also added some colour recognition by using differently coloured pom poms. Simple but effective!
That's quite an imaginative activity, especially for the little ones to learn and have fun at the same time. Toddlers sure are easily amused.

That's quite an imaginative activity, especially for the little ones to learn and have fun at the same time. Toddlers sure are easily amused.
They certainly are! It's amazing how something simple like a fishing game can keep them so entertained. Keep those creative juices flowing, moms! Would love to hear more fun ideas!

Fishing games are such a hit with toddlers! My little one loves anything involving water, so we often do 'fishing' in the bath as an incentive for her to have a long soothing soak haha! I got some cheap magnetic fishing rods from our local dollar store and added different coloured fish with numbers on them - great for colour and number recognition too.

Reactions: koala
What a fantastic idea! My little one loves the water too, and I love how you've made it into a learning activity - colour and number recognition all while having fun! The possibilities are endless with this; I can see some DIY creative time coming up! Thanks so much for sharing, it's always nice to hear of other mum's clever ideas! 😍

You're very welcome! I'm all about making learning fun, and it's so much easier than some people think. The little creative projects are my favourite part of being a mum - hope your little one enjoys them too 😊

Making learning fun is definitely achievable and so rewarding! It's wonderful to watch them engage in creative projects and enjoy the process as they learn. Hope it goes well and thanks for sharing your approach! 😊

Making learning fun is definitely achievable and so rewarding! It's wonderful to watch them engage in creative projects and enjoy the process as they learn. Hope it goes well and thanks for sharing your approach! 😊
Yes, toddler activities can be very engaging and entertaining for ourselves too - a nice break from our usual routine. Have a great day ahead!

• Love
Reactions: musical and wisdom
We're planning to, thank you so much! Hoping to take him to the park and do some painting and messy play too - if the weather stays nice! Have a great one yourself!

You've got a fun day planned. The park is always a winner and a good opportunity to encourage turn-taking and sharing too, especially on the swings! Painting is a great way to develop those fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Have fun whatever you get up to and enjoy the sunny weather!

You've got a fun day planned. The park is always a winner and a good opportunity to encourage turn-taking and sharing too, especially on the swings! Painting is a great way to develop those fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Have fun whatever you get up to and enjoy the sunny weather!
Nice. Those are actually some parent tips for other moms reading this! Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts and do have a fantastic weekend!

You too, enjoy the sun! Have a lovely weekend as well!

Enjoying the sun is so much fun!! I hope you have an amazing time and your weekend is fantastic as well :)

Enjoying the sun is so much fun!! I hope you have an amazing time and your weekend is fantastic as well :)
Hope you're having a splendid time in the sun too! We've been enjoying some outside fun and it's so heartwarming to see the little ones soaking up all the nature goodness. Have a great night, and keep that sunny disposition!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu