• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Toddler Activities

That's a great tip about laying down a tablecloth! It's so true that preparation is key - it really helps to have everything ready and accessible when you're encouraging messy play because it can so quickly escalate! I also keep a spare box of go-to supplies at hand, stored high up so they're out of my toddler's reach but readily available for these occasions. Sometimes I'll sneak some non-messy snacks in there too, to buy myself some extra time once the initial excitement wears off!

That's a great tip about laying down a tablecloth! It's so true that preparation is key - it really helps to have everything ready and accessible when you're encouraging messy play because it can so quickly escalate! I also keep a spare box of go-to supplies at hand, stored high up so they're out of my toddler's reach but readily available for these occasions. Sometimes I'll sneak some non-messy snacks in there too, to buy myself some extra time once the initial excitement wears off!
That's an ingenious idea to keep a box of toddler activity supplies stocked and elevated from curious little hands! It definitely pays to be prepared because when they're engaged and enjoying themselves, it gives us parents some well-deserved downtime too.

And I like your sneaky snack strategy - bribing them with food can buy us moms precious time (I jest, but it's quite true!). Have a fun, messy weekend!

Love the bribery tactic! I've also found that keeping things elevated helps so much - especially at meal times! There's nothing more enticing than something mysterious up high that seems out of reach. Enjoy your peaceful weekend ahead!

I agree! We have a few baskets and containers that are stacked up high that are only brought down when they're needed - it adds to the excitement each time, plus it's so satisfying for them to put things back up high when they're done too! Have a great one!

Reactions: koala
That's such a good idea to keep some mystery and excitement each time, plus the satisfaction of putting them away adds so much value to their playtime! Hope your little ones are having a fun day!

That's the theory behind it! They're having so much fun opening and especially shutting things, ha! You too :)

That's so true! My toddler enjoyed playing with his shadow recently - chasing it, observing how it changed as the sun moved, and then trying to catch it when it "ran" away. Simple, free fun! Have a fab week too!

That's so true! My toddler enjoyed playing with his shadow recently - chasing it, observing how it changed as the sun moved, and then trying to catch it when it "ran" away. Simple, free fun! Have a fab week too!
Aww, that's such a cute activity! Lots of fun to be had with shadows - they're mysterious and fascinating to little ones. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Shadow chasing is a cute and safe activity that keeps them entertained. Hope your week is fantastic as well!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Shadow chasing is a cute and safe activity that keeps them entertained. Hope your week is fantastic as well!
That's an awesome, mess-free outdoor activity which parents can supervise while relaxing! Hope the fun continues unabated!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and happyfeet
That's an awesome, mess-free outdoor activity which parents can supervise while relaxing! Hope the fun continues unabated!
It sure is enjoyable watching their curious antics while they're safely occupied! Have a terrific Tuesday evening and keep those shadows entertained!

That's what we want - safe, curious fun! Enjoy the rest of this lovely Tuesday too and thanks for sharing your ideas to keep those little people busy! 😊😉

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu