• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Tips

Organising labels are a big help! We often waste time searching for things in our studios and workplaces just because we can't remember where we kept which item. Color-coding and labeling ensure we spend our precious time creating instead.

Small, simple hacks like these keep everything running smoothly. Anything else that you all use to save time?

I'm a big fan of digital tools for saving time. Using apps and software that help organize my schedule, tasks, and notes keeps things running smoothly.

For example, I use Reminder apps with alerts and notifications to stay on track with deadlines and meetings. Also, platforms that help with project management are great; they keep all the info in one place and make collaborating with team members a breeze.

It's also helpful to create a 'template' for similar tasks. For instance, if you have a standard process you follow for onboard new clients, create a checklist so you know nothing gets missed and it can speed up your workflow. You could even adapt it for different situations just by adding or removing a few steps.

Another trick is to batch similar tasks together. For creative work especially, it's great to batch all the edits/reviews back-to-back, so you're in the zone. Then, schedule some downtime in between to recharge, or tackle other admin during that time.

Anything else that works for you guys? Always looking for more ideas!

• Haha
Reactions: koala and bookworm
Some great suggestions! I especially like the template idea - so often we have repeating processes, and having a checklist ensures nothing is overlooked.

I find keeping a daily 'to-do' list works wonders, and ticking off items gives a real sense of achievement (and keeps me focused). I also group similar tasks together; for instance, I have a 'phone call' slot in my diary where I batch all my calls back to back - helps me concentrate and means I'm not constantly switching gears.

Also a fan of using the calendar effectively - setting aside dedicated blocks of time for specific projects/tasks ensures they get adequate attention, and again, no time is wasted switching between different jobs. Plus, it gives a clear structure to the day which I find helpful!

Reactions: eternity
I agree - templates and checklists are fantastic for streamlining processes, especially when tasks are repetitive or done infrequently.

Your phone call slot idea is a great way to stay focused and avoid constantly jumping between different activities. Batching similar tasks together is a real time saver!

Using the calendar for dedicated blocks of time ensures tasks get the attention they deserve and your day has a clear structure too. I also find that setting deadlines helps me stay on track and avoid tasks expanding to fill the available time.

Do you have any other tips for keeping organised and making the most of our time? Some members in our team could benefit from some extra discipline in this area!

Templates and checklists are great, especially for our less frequent but essential tasks. We recently implemented a checklist for an intricate process and it's made everything so much smoother!

I've been trialling focused work periods with a colleague who has an always-on work mindset. She found that allocating specific phone call times, for instance, helps maintain momentum and prevent tasks from bleeding into each other. It also makes sure the time spent on each task is intentional and concise.

Deadlines are crucial for maintaining momentum too and keeping on top of tasks - especially when working on projects with shifting priorities.

I think finding a rhythm that suits the task at hand is key: sometimes thepomodoro technique really helps me stay focused, while other times batching similar tasks together is best.

What other tips do we have for staying organised and making the most of our time? I know some of us are real pros at maximising productivity!

Templates and checklists are great, especially for our less frequent but essential tasks. We recently implemented a checklist for an intricate process and it's made everything so much smoother!

I've been trialling focused work periods with a colleague who has an always-on work mindset. She found that allocating specific phone call times, for instance, helps maintain momentum and prevent tasks from bleeding into each other. It also makes sure the time spent on each task is intentional and concise.

Deadlines are crucial for maintaining momentum too and keeping on top of tasks - especially when working on projects with shifting priorities.

I think finding a rhythm that suits the task at hand is key: sometimes thepomodoro technique really helps me stay focused, while other times batching similar tasks together is best.

What other tips do we have for staying organised and making the most of our time? I know some of us are real pros at maximising productivity!
For calls and meetings, provide an agenda, keep a record/notes, and follow up on decisions made to ensure action items are completed! An actual visual timer like a sand clock can help keep meetings short and sweet too.

For calls and meetings, provide an agenda, keep a record/notes, and follow up on decisions made to ensure action items are completed! An actual visual timer like a sand clock can help keep meetings short and sweet too.
Having an agenda, especially with estimated timing for each item, provides a clear structure and keeps everyone focused. I've found that keeping detailed notes in addition to assigning someone to take minute ensures nothing gets missed. A visual timer is a great idea! Something physical would be a good reminder of the time passing and keep the meeting efficient.

What else do you think could help keep meetings on track?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu