• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Tips

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is an awesome place to share all our tips and tricks for saving time - whether it's a shortcut that makes a daily task quicker or an app that helps us manage our calendars, I think we're all looking for more minutes in the day! We all seem to have such busy lives these days so let's help each other out with some genius hacks. Kicking things off...

One thing that has helped me recently is setting a time limit for certain tasks - giving myself 10 minutes to answer emails, for example, and timing it with the stopwatch on my phone. It makes me focus and power through without getting distracted! What are your go-to time-saving strategies?

This is an awesome place to share all our tips and tricks for saving time - whether it's a shortcut that makes a daily task quicker or an app that helps us manage our calendars, I think we're all looking for more minutes in the day! We all seem to have such busy lives these days so let's help each other out with some genius hacks. Kicking things off...

One thing that has helped me recently is setting a time limit for certain tasks - giving myself 10 minutes to answer emails, for example, and timing it with the stopwatch on my phone. It makes me focus and power through without getting distracted! What are your go-to time-saving strategies?
I second the timed sessions for specific tasks! Especially when you have a busy clinic day and need to see patients back-to-back.

I also keep a physical notes pad next to my computer. I jot down quick reminders, things to buy, or ideas for dinner so that they're not floating around in my head, distracting me from the task at hand. It's satisfying to quickly write them down and forget about them until it's relevant.

I second the timed sessions for specific tasks! Especially when you have a busy clinic day and need to see patients back-to-back.

I also keep a physical notes pad next to my computer. I jot down quick reminders, things to buy, or ideas for dinner so that they're not floating around in my head, distracting me from the task at hand. It's satisfying to quickly write them down and forget about them until it's relevant.
I keep a post-it note pad within sight to jot down reminders/to-dos as well. It's quicker than using digital reminders and helps me remember things better.

I keep a post-it note pad within sight to jot down reminders/to-dos as well. It's quicker than using digital reminders and helps me remember things better.
Taking notes on physical paper is a different kind of effective! Having visual access to your reminders ensures you won't forget any key tasks for the day. I find that writing them helps in committing them to memory too. What color are your post-it notes? Mine are usually neon pink or yellow, hard to miss them stuck anywhere!

I agree! I've always been a fan of physical paper notes - there's something about physically writing out tasks and seeing them that makes them stick better in my head. Plus, you can't beat the satisfaction of ripping off a completed to-do list and tossing it in the bin!

My post-it arsenal usually consists of neon orange and green - bright and hard to ignore! They're like little rays of sunshine that keep me motivated throughout the day.

I also love the tactile sensation and satisfaction of writing by hand. Plus, you can jazz up your workspace with the pretty colours and shapes of sticky notes - a visual motivator!

Reactions: lioness
Writing things down by hand is definitely satisfying and using colourful sticky notes adds some fun to the experience. It's also a great way to add some personal touches to your workspace decor!

Writing things down by hand is definitely satisfying and using colourful sticky notes adds some fun to the experience. It's also a great way to add some personal touches to your workspace decor!
Colourful sticky notes can brighten up my work area and remind me of upcoming deadlines or ideas on larger projects. I can jot down tasks on the Notes App but handwriting them gives a different kind of satisfaction and helps me remember better, somehow! Plus, it's a nice change from digital screens!

Adding a personal, creative touch certainly brightens up the workspace! I love decorating my planner with colorful highlights and sticky notes - it makes planning more fun! And you're right - there's this special satisfaction from writing by hand, especially with pretty stationery. It's a wonderful way to add some creativity to an organized chaos.

It's rewarding to take that extra bit of effort and pretty up your workspace with some artsy flair!

Colourful sticky notes can brighten up my work area and remind me of upcoming deadlines or ideas on larger projects. I can jot down tasks on the Notes App but handwriting them gives a different kind of satisfaction and helps me remember better, somehow! Plus, it's a nice change from digital screens!
Nothing like some good old stationery to make work fun!

Adding a personal, creative touch certainly brightens up the workspace! I love decorating my planner with colorful highlights and sticky notes - it makes planning more fun! And you're right - there's this special satisfaction from writing by hand, especially with pretty stationery. It's a wonderful way to add some creativity to an organized chaos.

It's rewarding to take that extra bit of effort and pretty up your workspace with some artsy flair!
Adding a personal touch to your planner is a fun way to make a mundane task more enjoyable. Pretty stationary and colorful decorations can turn organization into a creative outlet!

Nothing like some good old stationery to make work fun!
Yes, some colorful new supplies always bring a smile to my face too! Brighten up the day and inspire productivity, I tell you!

New supplies are definitely motivating -- they help brighten up your day, and make everything feel fresh! It's a great way to keep things interesting and set yourself up for success!

New supplies are definitely motivating -- they help brighten up your day, and make everything feel fresh! It's a great way to keep things interesting and set yourself up for success!
Having new tools or equipment can definitely make things feel exciting and give a sense of renewed energy. It's almost like having a fresh start with a little spring in your step. Does anyone else agree that it's the little things that make a difference sometimes?

Totally! There's something about having new stationery or tools that makes you want to get straight down to work - and often it is the simple things that make the biggest difference, like a super-organised diary or a new notepad. It's an exciting feeling that can spur you on to plan and get ahead.

Totally! There's something about having new stationery or tools that makes you want to get straight down to work - and often it is the simple things that make the biggest difference, like a super-organised diary or a new notepad. It's an exciting feeling that can spur you on to plan and get ahead.
It's exciting to find inspiration from something as simple yet satisfying as organizing your planner sticker-style with notes and colorful tabs! Being intentional about setting up a functional and aesthetically pleasing workspace can also ignite that motivational spark to tackle pending projects.

It's exciting to find inspiration from something as simple yet satisfying as organizing your planner sticker-style with notes and colorful tabs! Being intentional about setting up a functional and aesthetically pleasing workspace can also ignite that motivational spark to tackle pending projects.
A nice, neat, and aesthetic work space does help to get the creative juices flowing! It's a great feeling to have everything organized and easily accessible, and makes the task of tackling pending jobs seem less daunting.

Having a tidy workspace is a great productivity booster. It's amazing how good it feels to have things in their place when you need them, especially when you're on a roll!

What are some of your organization hacks to keep your workspace spick and span? I'm a fan of labelled storage containers myself - makes finding things a breeze!

Reactions: chickadee
Having a tidy workspace is a great productivity booster. It's amazing how good it feels to have things in their place when you need them, especially when you're on a roll!

What are some of your organization hacks to keep your workspace spick and span? I'm a fan of labelled storage containers myself - makes finding things a breeze!
I keep up with the clutter by giving every item a designated spot and ensuring they are returned there after use. I also like colour-coordinating my filing system, which makes retrieval super easy and visually appealing. My yoga studio has cupboards labeled for each equipment type so students can help put things away neatly too!

designated spots for items simplifies putting things away, and color-coordination is a great idea for visual retrieval. Labeling studio cupboards also ensures that equipment is returned to the right place and keeps everything organized. It's amazing how these small hacks contribute to overall time savings!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu