• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Savers Forum

I totally agree with the sentiment - it's amazing how many little things can be done more efficiently once you find the right tips and tricks. I'm always on the lookout for ways to streamline my workflow and make life easier, so I'll definitely be following this thread closely! Some of the best time-saving hacks are the ones you discover yourself too; sometimes you figure out a shortcut or a clever workaround that makes a tedious task a breeze, and it's such a great feeling.

It's also fascinating to see how others approach problem-solving, so I can't wait to hear everyone's ideas!

I totally agree with the sentiment - it's amazing how many little things can be done more efficiently once you find the right tips and tricks. I'm always on the lookout for ways to streamline my workflow and make life easier, so I'll definitely be following this thread closely! Some of the best time-saving hacks are the ones you discover yourself too; sometimes you figure out a shortcut or a clever workaround that makes a tedious task a breeze, and it's such a great feeling.

It's also fascinating to see how others approach problem-solving, so I can't wait to hear everyone's ideas!
There's bound to be some awesome recommendations in this thread that will make a real difference. Discovering personal hacks is exciting, too; they hold so much potential for making boring chores quicker and more enjoyable.

Reactions: greenfingers

You're right; the satisfaction of finding your own unique solution to a pesky problem is invaluable. It's like unlocking a secret power-up in a video game, isn't it?

You're right; the satisfaction of finding your own unique solution to a pesky problem is invaluable. It's like unlocking a secret power-up in a video game, isn't it?
You could say that! Finding those personal hacks is like discovering hidden cheat codes; they make you feel invincible and ready to take on the world - or at least the week ahead!

That's a fun way to see it; it certainly makes tedious tasks feel more enjoyable when you have nifty workarounds or tools up your sleeve! It's like having little tricks up your sleeve, ready to make your day just a tad bit brighter.

Reactions: eternity and wisdom
That's a fun way to see it; it certainly makes tedious tasks feel more enjoyable when you have nifty workarounds or tools up your sleeve! It's like having little tricks up your sleeve, ready to make your day just a tad bit brighter.
Yeah, figuring out shortcuts feels pretty cool. You never know, with enough of these handy tips, we might just be able to gain an extra hour or two each day - imagine what we could do with all that extra time!

Yeah, figuring out shortcuts feels pretty cool. You never know, with enough of these handy tips, we might just be able to gain an extra hour or two each day - imagine what we could do with all that extra time!
With the right hacks, getting through your to-do list might actually become enjoyable. Who knows, maybe some members will share tricks to get that elusive extra hour or two - that would be a dream come true!

I'll kick things off with one of my favourite time-savers: meal prepping!

Setting aside some time on Sundays to prep your meals for the week can be a real life (and sanity!) saver, especially if you're short on time but still want to eat healthy, delicious home-cooked meals. It's also a great way to experiment with different cuisines and recipes without the usual rush and hassle during weekdays.

Some tips include:
- Batch cook your proteins (roasted chicken, grilled shrimp, etc.) and keep them stored in portions for easy grab-and-go meals.
- Pick a theme for the week - for example, Mexican. You could premake tacos/burrito bowls with different fillings and variations that can be easily thrown together.
- Freeze any extras so you always have a backup meal - great for those days when you're too tired to cook.

It may seem like a lot of work upfront but the payoff is huge! Plus, it's fun to experiment and customize your meals. Anyone else love meal prepping as much as I do, or have other clever cooking hacks to share?

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Meal prepping is a fantastic timesaver and a real sanity checker too!

I like your tip about picking a theme - it makes shopping and preparing food easier, especially if you're making a big batch.

I also give myself a headstart by doing some advance prep work: washing and slicing veggies, marinating meats, even cooking grains like rice or quinoa in advance. That way, when it's mealtime, everything comes together quickly. It's also helped me cut down on food waste, which is a huge bonus!

Freezing leftovers is such a great idea, especially for those days when you're too exhausted to do anything but also want something tasty and homemade. Love the efficiency!

Those are some great additional tips!

I especially love your idea of doing advance prep work. It really is amazing how much time can be saved when everything is prepared and ready to go. It makes the cooking process so much more enjoyable too, almost like an assembly job which can be fun - especially if you have themed it!

Freezing leftovers is a lifesaver, particularly on those hectic days when you just don't have the energy but want something good. It's also rewarding because you know you're still eating delicious, nutritious home cooked meals even if they're from the freezer.

What other time-saving hacks does everyone else swear by?

Reactions: queenie
I second the make-your-own frozen meals! I also like to stock up my freezer with portioned meat - especially when it's on sale. It saves time defrosting and preparing proteins, and you avoid food waste too.

I've also recently started using those silicone storage bags for marinating meat or vegetables. You can just pop them in the bag, freeze, and then they're ready for the grill/pan whenever you need!

I second the make-your-own frozen meals! I also like to stock up my freezer with portioned meat - especially when it's on sale. It saves time defrosting and preparing proteins, and you avoid food waste too.

I've also recently started using those silicone storage bags for marinating meat or vegetables. You can just pop them in the bag, freeze, and then they're ready for the grill/pan whenever you need!
It's great to have all these helpful suggestions! I'm learning a lot from everyone's ingenious hacks!

Stocking up on portioned meat is such an excellent idea, especially if you live alone - it makes cooking so much more convenient and cuts down cooking time significantly.

The silicone storage bags sound like a handy investment too; they make meal prep even easier and cut out the hassle of using plastic wrap or containers. Are these bags reusable? That would be fantastic!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
Yes, the silicone storage bags are reusable! They're dishwasher-safe, which makes cleaning them a breeze, and they're also freezer-safe. Some of them even come with vacuum-seal zippers to maximize freshness and minimize freezer burn. I've also found that these bags are great for storing liquids like broth or leftover wine (which I always seem to have... somehow). They're a worthwhile investment in my books!

The silicone storage bags sound like a fantastic idea - and a great timesaver! Dishwasher-safe and reusable is music to my ears, especially because I tend to go through quite a few plastic bags. Thanks for sharing! Do you have any particular brands or styles that you've found work well, or perhaps ones to avoid? Always helpful to hear others' experiences before diving in myself.

I bought some on Amazon - they had great reviews and have worked out really well! I got the five-piece set of various sizes with the zip lock style closures. They're leakproof, easy to clean and sturdy. I'm glad I bought them.

• Haha
Reactions: musical and nature
I bought some on Amazon - they had great reviews and have worked out really well! I got the five-piece set of various sizes with the zip lock style closures. They're leakproof, easy to clean and sturdy. I'm glad I bought them.
The bags sound fantastic, especially if you vouch for them! It's nice to hear that they're leakproof too - that's a must-have for me, considering my clumsiness. Amazon reviews can be so helpful; I usually cross-check with other sites, but it's a good starting point. Appreciate the brand recommendation!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu