• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Hacks

An easy way is to batch similar tasks together and tackle them in one go: schedule a day for payments and bills, a specific time for returning calls or answering emails, and another day for grocery shopping and running other errands. It saves time and mental energy!

OR
Do you have any personal favorite time-saving tricks?
Having a young child at home means that efficient use of time is even more critical! I find that your suggestion really helps with preserving one's sanity too, especially when you can dedicate your attention to one task at a time and not feel scattered.

I also sometimes enlist the help of my daughter with simple tasks like sorting laundry or lining up shoes to be polished. It's a good way to teach her about personal organization and also kills two birds with one stone!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Having a young child at home means that efficient use of time is even more critical! I find that your suggestion really helps with preserving one's sanity too, especially when you can dedicate your attention to one task at a time and not feel scattered.

I also sometimes enlist the help of my daughter with simple tasks like sorting laundry or lining up shoes to be polished. It's a good way to teach her about personal organization and also kills two birds with one stone!
Teaching young'uns life skills and giving them an education through household chores is a clever way to multiply your time! You're right; it's a win-win situation when they can learn some independent living skills and help out around the house. Sort of like preparing them for the real world, especially when they take pride in helping mom achieve mission accomplished!

Absolutely! I'm all about multiplying time through teaching life skills - it's amazing how capable kids are when we give them the chance and set high but achievable expectations. It's like secret parenting multitasking ;) And you're so right - there's nothing quite like the satisfaction of having a little helper by your side 'helping' Mumma get stuff done!

Love it! Teaching life skills certainly pays dividends and empowers them to do so much more than we might realize. It's a wonderful way to multiply time and foster independence too - a win-win all round! And yes, that satisfaction of having those little sidekicks helping out is such a great feeling 😊

• Haha
Reactions: musical and joyful
Absolutely! It's incredible how teaching life skills can empower kids and give them so much confidence. And that satisfaction of having little helpers is such a bonus! Love the notion of multiplying time and fostering independence - it's such an important skill to pass on too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu