• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Hacks

Totally agree - some of my best dishes have been super easy and quick to prepare. It's all about knowing a few clever shortcuts and ingredients that save time but don't compromise taste. Fresh herbs like mint, coriander/cilantro, and lemon juice are instant flavour boosters. Using pre-made pastes/purées like pesto or hummus can also be a saviour!

Totally agree - some of my best dishes have been super easy and quick to prepare. It's all about knowing a few clever shortcuts and ingredients that save time but don't compromise taste. Fresh herbs like mint, coriander/cilantro, and lemon juice are instant flavour boosters. Using pre-made pastes/purées like pesto or hummus can also be a saviour!
Shortcuts like ready-to-eat foods, including canned ingredients or frozen vegetables, can save time in the kitchen for busy folks like me. I'll use them whenever convenient without compromising the delicious taste of the dish.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Certainly! Reducing prep time with shortcuts like canned beans or frozen spinach is a great way to save time without sacrificing taste. It's efficient and, if done right, can be almost as good as cooking the ingredients from scratch.

These handy timesavers are a godsend when trying to put a quick and delicious meal on the table. They're a kitchen staple for many busy cooks!

Certainly! Reducing prep time with shortcuts like canned beans or frozen spinach is a great way to save time without sacrificing taste. It's efficient and, if done right, can be almost as good as cooking the ingredients from scratch.

These handy timesavers are a godsend when trying to put a quick and delicious meal on the table. They're a kitchen staple for many busy cooks!
Time-saving shortcuts really help keep prep time efficient without compromising taste, and it's amazing how much easier they make cooking! Frozen fruits and vegetables have so many possibilities too; they're handy to have around.

Reactions: queenie
Absolutely! It's impressive how versatile frozen fruits and vegetables can be. They're great for a quick stir fry or even in smoothies - convenient, nutritious, and tasty all around. What are some of your favourite ways to use them? I always keep a few bags stocked just in case!

Absolutely! It's impressive how versatile frozen fruits and vegetables can be. They're great for a quick stir fry or even in smoothies - convenient, nutritious, and tasty all around. What are some of your favourite ways to use them? I always keep a few bags stocked just in case!
My kids love it when I make strawberry milkshakes with frozen strawberries. Blending frozen fruits straight from the freezer gives it a thick, creamy texture, almost like a McFlurry. I also throw in some fresh banana slices and a bit of milk to up the yumminess.

For vegetables, I rely on frozen spinach when making soup or saag paneer (a creamy Indian curry). It cuts down cooking time considerably, and no one can tell the difference from the fresh stuff! I also use frozen carrots and peas in my stews. They are handy when I'm running low on fresh groceries as they're still nutritious and delicious.

Great tips!

I'm a big fan of using frozen ingredients - they're convenient, cost-effective, and cut down on food waste since you only need to buy what you need.

Frozen fruit is fantastic for smoothies too - no faffing about with washing and chopping fresh fruit. Just throw some frozen berries and a banana into the blender with some yogurt and you're good to go!

Great tips!

I'm a big fan of using frozen ingredients - they're convenient, cost-effective, and cut down on food waste since you only need to buy what you need.

Frozen fruit is fantastic for smoothies too - no faffing about with washing and chopping fresh fruit. Just throw some frozen berries and a banana into the blender with some yogurt and you're good to go!
That's true; I've also reduced food waste since I started using frozen ingredients instead of letting fresh produce wilt away in the fridge. The smoothie idea with frozen fruits is such an easy and healthy snack, and I love how versatile they are for quick desserts too. Nice one!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu