• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Time Hacks

Some of my favourite time hacks include having a standardized checklist for repeatable tasks - booting up a new project, onboarding a client, or even applying for jobs all have their own checklists. I also set aside specific time slots dedicated to certain types of work or clients, which helps me stay organized and ensures I don't over-serve some clients at the expense of others.

I also try to group similar tasks together. For creative work, I find batching similar tasks helps me enter a sort of zone for each type of task - marketing brainstorming, content writing, designing materials - each gets its own time slot and my energy can adjust accordingly without having to switch gears too often.

Some great time hacks! I especially like the idea of setting aside specific timeslots for certain types of work - it's a great way of managing your time and energy levels.

I also use batching a lot, especially with admin tasks - it's so much more efficient to get through them in one go than letting them distract you every few hours. It's also really helped me to block out certain periods for deep work with no distractions - emails and messaging turned off!

What other time-saving strategies do people use to stay on top of things?

I'm a big fan of scheduling time slots for specific tasks too, it really helps you focus and make the most of your energy levels!

I also utilise the 'touch it once' rule - if I can deal with something promptly I do so straight away rather than putting it off and having it linger. That goes for emails, messages or even small tasks that can be done in under 5 mins. It's amazing how much time and mental energy this saves!

Using a physical calendar/diary is also key for me - I've tried digital ones but there's nothing like physically writing things down and visually seeing your week laid out to give an overview of your time. Plus you're more likely to remember plans or tasks when you handwrite them!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu