• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The single-sentence thread title would be: Motherhood and Mindfulness

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Motherhood can sometimes be overwhelming, so mindfulness practices are crucial for maintaining mental clarity and equilibrium. Share your strategies for staying present and cultivating resilience as a mom.

Motherhood can sometimes be overwhelming, so mindfulness practices are crucial for maintaining mental clarity and equilibrium. Share your strategies for staying present and cultivating resilience as a mom.
How do you center yourself amidst the demands of caring for little ones?

I'll go first! Being mindful means pausing to appreciate the simple joys - like a spontaneous hug from my little one or a successful arts & craft session without any tantrums! These are the moments that make everything worthwhile, so I savor them and recenter myself by practicing gratitude. It helps me to actively seek out these moments throughout each day. Also, having some "me time" during naptime means I'm refreshed and patient when the kids need me most! So, what's your trick to staying grounded?

How do you center yourself amidst the demands of caring for little ones?

I'll go first! Being mindful means pausing to appreciate the simple joys - like a spontaneous hug from my little one or a successful arts & craft session without any tantrums! These are the moments that make everything worthwhile, so I savor them and recenter myself by practicing gratitude. It helps me to actively seek out these moments throughout each day. Also, having some "me time" during naptime means I'm refreshed and patient when the kids need me most! So, what's your trick to staying grounded?
My mindfulness practice is an ever-evolving one! Amidst the chaos of managing a young family, I find stillness by focusing on my breath whenever I can. It could be during rare quiet moments or even while doing mindless tasks like folding laundry - just a few conscious breaths to center myself. This anchor helps me stay present and appreciate those precious moments that make motherhood so rewarding. You'll have to share your arts & craft secret techniques too; we're yet to have a session without some meltdowns! HA! ;)

My mindfulness practice is an ever-evolving one! Amidst the chaos of managing a young family, I find stillness by focusing on my breath whenever I can. It could be during rare quiet moments or even while doing mindless tasks like folding laundry - just a few conscious breaths to center myself. This anchor helps me stay present and appreciate those precious moments that make motherhood so rewarding. You'll have to share your arts & craft secret techniques too; we're yet to have a session without some meltdowns! HA! ;)
Good trick with the focused breathing! As for our Arts & Crafts strategy, it's all about having the right expectations and lots of patience! We also make sure to have multiple activity stations with varied difficulty levels so the kids can explore their creativity independently. It'smeltdown-proofyour crafts that matters! ;)

Good trick with the focused breathing! As for our Arts & Crafts strategy, it's all about having the right expectations and lots of patience! We also make sure to have multiple activity stations with varied difficulty levels so the kids can explore their creativity independently. It'smeltdown-proofyour crafts that matters! ;)
It's good to hear your arts and crafts survival tips - I think some moms might find them really useful! Focusing on deep breathing is a simple yet effective technique, indeed. Just remember to keep the craft supplies age-appropriate and easily accessible! :)

It's good to hear your arts and crafts survival tips - I think some moms might find them really useful! Focusing on deep breathing is a simple yet effective technique, indeed. Just remember to keep the craft supplies age-appropriate and easily accessible! :)
Glad to help with our A&C tips! And you're right about keeping things age-appropriate; it saves a lot of trouble! I'm glad we're not the only ones finding mindfulness amidst the motherhood chaos! 😅

Glad to help with our A&C tips! And you're right about keeping things age-appropriate; it saves a lot of trouble! I'm glad we're not the only ones finding mindfulness amidst the motherhood chaos! 😅
Motherhood is indeed a rollercoaster, and it's reassuring to find like-minded mums who discover solace in similar strategies! Keep those tips coming.

Motherhood is indeed a rollercoaster, and it's reassuring to find like-minded mums who discover solace in similar strategies! Keep those tips coming.
As a mother myself, I can definitely relate to the challenges that come with keeping up with the demands of young children. It's encouraging to see how other mothers manage their experiences; it's a great support system to know we're not alone in navigating these waters! Keep sharing your mindfulness strategies, everyone!

As a mother myself, I can definitely relate to the challenges that come with keeping up with the demands of young children. It's encouraging to see how other mothers manage their experiences; it's a great support system to know we're not alone in navigating these waters! Keep sharing your mindfulness strategies, everyone!
The simple act of focusing on conscious breathing is a powerful way to ground oneself amidst the chaos. It's amazing how something so simple yet profound can help us stay present and appreciative of the joys of motherhood, isn't it? Do share more of your strategies, everyone!

The simple act of focusing on conscious breathing is a powerful way to ground oneself amidst the chaos. It's amazing how something so simple yet profound can help us stay present and appreciative of the joys of motherhood, isn't it? Do share more of your strategies, everyone!
As a fitness trainer passionate about holistic wellness, I'd also recommend incorporating physical activity into your routine, especially if you have a high-energy tot! Taking those few minutes to engage in some fun exercise with the kids can be a great energiser and mood booster for everyone. You could call it your very own 'Mommy-and-me Workout' session! ;)

As a fitness trainer passionate about holistic wellness, I'd also recommend incorporating physical activity into your routine, especially if you have a high-energy tot! Taking those few minutes to engage in some fun exercise with the kids can be a great energiser and mood booster for everyone. You could call it your very own 'Mommy-and-me Workout' session! ;)
I agree! Keeping up with an active tot is a workout on its own haha! Incorporating physical activity not only keeps us energized but also demonstrates healthy habits to our little ones. I think it's essential as well to demonstrate mindfulness to them from a young age. Thanks for sharing, we can all use some extra energy-boosting ideas!

I agree! Keeping up with an active tot is a workout on its own haha! Incorporating physical activity not only keeps us energized but also demonstrates healthy habits to our little ones. I think it's essential as well to demonstrate mindfulness to them from a young age. Thanks for sharing, we can all use some extra energy-boosting ideas!
You're right; it's always good to start them young on healthy habits! :)

You're right; it's always good to start them young on healthy habits! :)
Starting them young will likely bear good fruits in the long run - teaching mindfulness and health awareness from an early age molds impressionable young minds towards positive life choices. It's a win-win strategy that benefits both their current and future well-being!

Starting them young will likely bear good fruits in the long run - teaching mindfulness and health awareness from an early age molds impressionable young minds towards positive life choices. It's a win-win strategy that benefits both their current and future well-being!
You're spot on about the long-term benefits! instilling mindful habits early trains them to be more aware and appreciative of their thoughts and surroundings. It's an investment worth making, and definitely not one to be missed out on! ;D

You're spot on about the long-term benefits! instilling mindful habits early trains them to be more aware and appreciative of their thoughts and surroundings. It's an investment worth making, and definitely not one to be missed out on! ;D
You're right; what a wonderful investment it is indeed! ;)

You're right; what a wonderful investment it is indeed! ;)
Not all investments have tangible returns, but the minding and growing of our children are certainly among the most impactful and long-lasting.

Not all investments have tangible returns, but the minding and growing of our children are certainly among the most impactful and long-lasting.
So true!! There's no greater joy than seeing our kids grow up to be thoughtful and mindful individuals. Nothing tangibly compares!

So true!! There's no greater joy than seeing our kids grow up to be thoughtful and mindful individuals. Nothing tangibly compares!
indeed, there's a special pride and fulfillment in watching our children grow into kind and decent human beings!

indeed, there's a special pride and fulfillment in watching our children grow into kind and decent human beings!
There's a sense of accomplishment in seeing the values we instill bearing fruit, but it's also a constant work-in-progress! Being thoughtful of other people's feelings definitely tops the list of virtues we want to cultivate in our little ones. ;)

There's a sense of accomplishment in seeing the values we instill bearing fruit, but it's also a constant work-in-progress! Being thoughtful of other people's feelings definitely tops the list of virtues we want to cultivate in our little ones. ;)
That's true -- parenting is a lifelong commitment and journey! We just gotta keep at it and enjoy every step along the way.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu