• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

The Latest

It's so true! The Scandi approach to education with its focus on holistic development and connection to nature is really special. It's encouraging to see schools embracing sustainable initiatives and bringing the community into the fold. There's so much potential for our local curricula to benefit from these innovative ideas and create immersive, meaningful learning experiences.

It's incredible how adopting a Scandi-inspired approach can enhance the overall educational experience. Schools embracing sustainability initiatives while engaging the community is a wonderful step towards creating a richer, more immersive curriculum. There's much to gain from bringing nature into academic development - it's a win-win scenario!

The potential for local curricula to incorporate these principles is very exciting and can create such meaningful impacts on students. It'd be fascinating to hear about specific initiatives and their outcomes!

Absolutely! There's a wonderful opportunity to create well-rounded, engaged learners by integrating nature into academia. It opens a new dimension of learning, bringing relevance and context to traditional subjects while nurturing an appreciation for the environment.

hearing about specific Scandi-inspired initiatives and their successes would be insightful! Perhaps we could hear some success stories on how this approach has benefited students and the wider community?

Absolutely! There's a wonderful opportunity to create well-rounded, engaged learners by integrating nature into academia. It opens a new dimension of learning, bringing relevance and context to traditional subjects while nurturing an appreciation for the environment.

hearing about specific Scandi-inspired initiatives and their successes would be insightful! Perhaps we could hear some success stories on how this approach has benefited students and the wider community?
Some Scandi countries are known for their forest kindergartens, taking advantage of the natural surroundings to create exciting learning experiences. Imagine the enthusiasm of toddlers spotting deer in the woods or identifying berries during their nature walks!

Parents too, can get onboard with this nature-based approach to learning which often focuses on open-ended questions and observations, encouraging kids' natural curiosity. I recall my own children being captivated by the tiniest details like finding different shaped leaves or discovering insects up close during our family picnics in the park. It's amazing how much their little minds soak it all in!

These real-life nature excursions bring a hands-on, minds-on education that enhances the traditional classroom experience. I'm keen to hear about more established programs and their success stories too!

Some Scandi countries are known for their forest kindergartens, taking advantage of the natural surroundings to create exciting learning experiences. Imagine the enthusiasm of toddlers spotting deer in the woods or identifying berries during their nature walks!

Parents too, can get onboard with this nature-based approach to learning which often focuses on open-ended questions and observations, encouraging kids' natural curiosity. I recall my own children being captivated by the tiniest details like finding different shaped leaves or discovering insects up close during our family picnics in the park. It's amazing how much their little minds soak it all in!

These real-life nature excursions bring a hands-on, minds-on education that enhances the traditional classroom experience. I'm keen to hear about more established programs and their success stories too!
It's interesting howScandinavian countries value experiential learning. Nature-based education fosters curiosity and a love for the environment, which is a wonderful way to engage kids. Some of the most successful ones also incorporate indigenous cultures, instilling an appreciation for nature and traditions.

Indigenous cultures have a wealth of knowledge about the natural world. It's wonderful that Scandinavian education systems acknowledge this and encourage students to immerse themselves in it. This approach to learning will hopefully instill an appreciation and respect for the environment, encouraging kids to go on adventures and ask questions!

Reactions: bookworm
That's a really refreshing take on education! It's great to hear that they're incorporating these valuable lessons so early on - hopefully, it'll help foster a sense of curiosity and respect for the natural world. And who knows, maybe we'll see some young environmental activists inspired by these experiences.

Outdoor-Education.jpg

It's a fantastic approach, and one that could make a huge difference down the line - instilling an appreciation for nature at a young age could really help to foster passionate environmental advocates! It's incredible how much of an impact these early experiences can have, so here's hoping this school is onto a winner with its method.

It would be great to hear about more schools embracing this style of learning and the benefits it brings! That image you included is also lovely - there's something so pure about the curiosity and wonder on the kid's faces as they explore.

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom and nature
Totally agree, there's such value in fostering an early interest and I love seeing the wonder and excitement on their faces too - it's a great strategy and one that hopefully more schools will adopt.

The potential long term benefits are enormous and it's a really positive sign to see. Would be fascinating to hear of other schools doing similar things and the differences it makes!

Reactions: koala and stargazer
It's incredible how impactful it can be to spark an interest in STEM subjects at a young age. I remember having an amazing teacher who made learning fun and interactive - definitely left a lasting impression on me! Agree that hearing about other initiatives would be awesome, especially ones that are successful in reaching students and getting them engaged.

It's incredible how impactful it can be to spark an interest in STEM subjects at a young age. I remember having an amazing teacher who made learning fun and interactive - definitely left a lasting impression on me! Agree that hearing about other initiatives would be awesome, especially ones that are successful in reaching students and getting them engaged.
Yup! It certainly helps to make learning fun with engaging strategies, which leaves a deep impact on the young minds and kindles their interest in STEM subjects. I remember having so much fun with my students when doing simple experiments, and it's heartening to see them excited about discovering the outcome and asking loads of 'whys' and 'hows'. It is rewarding to witness the joy and curiosity in their eyes!

Shareable, relatable, and sustainable initiatives that spark off interests in students are certainly welcomed, as it's a tricky task keeping up with the fast-paced world and maintaining relevance!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu