• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Support in Single Parenting

Parenting is a difficult job; made especially hard when you're flying solo. Having a community of parents to lean on and learn from makes everything a little easier. We can share tips, strategies and even just funny anecdotes to keep each other sane! It's nice to know we aren't alone in this challenging yet rewarding journey.
It's a challenging and rewarding journey. Parenting is a massive responsibility, and having the support and understanding from this community makes it less daunting. Sharing tips and knowing that there are others going through similar struggles keeps motivation alive!

Reactions: techsavvy
I agree that sharing stories and learning different tips and strategies as a community makes us better equipped to navigate the difficulties. It's also great to have someone to laugh with about the crazy adventures that parenting can bring!
You're right; these shared experiences and stories bond us together in this single parenting journey, knowing we're not alone in our struggles or triumphs. The support and camaraderie are what keep us going and make the challenges more bearable. It's like having a reliable crew for this voyage through uncharted waters.

You're right; these shared experiences and stories bond us together in this single parenting journey, knowing we're not alone in our struggles or triumphs. The support and camaraderie are what keep us going and make the challenges more bearable. It's like having a reliable crew for this voyage through uncharted waters.
The feeling of having a dependable support system is comforting indeed.

That's right! Having a reliable support network as a single parent can make all the difference - it's so important to have people you can lean on and who understand what you're going through.
It's like having your own little village to help raise your child, and also for sharing the load which lightens your burden!

Absolutely! I find that the support can also come from various sources - sometimes it's other single parents who truly get what you're experiencing, and then there are times when it's a close friend or relative who offers an understanding ear and practical help that makes all the difference. It definitely takes a village and I'm so grateful for the people who've shown up for me and my child.

Absolutely! I find that the support can also come from various sources - sometimes it's other single parents who truly get what you're experiencing, and then there are times when it's a close friend or relative who offers an understanding ear and practical help that makes all the difference. It definitely takes a village and I'm so grateful for the people who've shown up for me and my child.
Having varied support from different relationships is certainly beneficial. The village concept is a heartwarming idea, as it acknowledges the fact that we need not solely rely on parents who are going through similar situations. Understanding friends and family members make up a useful support system too!

Absolutely! It's so important to have a diverse support system, especially one that includes friends and family members who understand what you're going through. Relying on multiple relationships for support ensures we aren't putting all our eggs in one basket, so to speak.

It's heartening to see you acknowledge the value of varied support - it's a great strategy for maintaining a healthy mindset as a single parent!

Thank you so much! Having gone through some difficult periods myself, I've realized how vital it to have multiple support networks and not rely on just one person. It's encouraging to see others acknowledge this too, because it truly does take a village to raise a child - and we parents shouldn't feel bad about needing help and company!

Reactions: sunnydays and cissy
I couldn't agree more - it's so important to have a strong community and support network when flying solo as a parent! It takes a huge weight off our shoulders when we can openly share the responsibilities and joys of parenting with others who understand what we're going through. No man (or woman!) is an island, after all!

Absolutely! It's also a great way to model for our children that relationships and community are vital parts of life.

Absolutely! It's also a great way to model for our children that relationships and community are vital parts of life.
You're right; your child will grow up understanding the importance of relationships and community from your actions. They can learn how to build connections and seek support when needed. It's a great lesson on dependence and interdependence!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu