• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Support in Single Parenting

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This thread is here to provide support and advice, share experiences, or simply to let off steam without judgment. We're here for you!

Being a single parent comes with its own unique set of challenges, so feel free to share your stories and struggles, and let's support one another. Whether it's tips on managing your time effectively, coping strategies when the going gets tough, or simply a virtual shoulder to lean on, this is the place for it all!

Thank you for creating this thread; it's a great idea! I think one of the hardest parts of being a single parent is the sense of isolation that can come with it. It can be overwhelming managing all aspects of child-rearing alone, and sometimes it's easy to feel like you're the only one going through these struggles. So, it's vital to remember that we're not alone and that many others have walked this path before us.

I'll start by sharing one of my most significant challenges: balancing work and parenting. It's a constant juggling act, and I often feel tug-of-war between my career and my kid's needs. Any tips on how you manage your work-parent life would be much appreciated! Also, kudos to everyone holding it down out there; we're doing the best we can, and that's admirable in itself!

You've articulated the struggle of many single parents - that constant juggling act is a real challenge!

For work-life balance, here's a tip that helped me: create a visual weekly schedule, putting in set times for work, kid time, and you-time. Use different colored post-it notes or markers for each category. That way, you can see at a glance if one area is dominating your life or, more importantly, lacking attention. Then, stick to it! Also, keep reminding yourself that you're doing an amazing job even when it feels overwhelming - sometimes, that positive self-talk makes all the difference!

I agree with you; we aren't alone in this - lots of us are figuring it out daily. Would love to hear other people's strategies for keeping that juggling act afloat!

That's a helpful tip about the visual schedule. I might have to get some colourful post-its and map out my week like that - especially as things change from week to week. It's easy to let work take over when you're trying to provide, but then the guilt sets in!

And you're right about the positive self-talk - we're often our own worst critics! I find reminding myself of the strengths and skills I've gained through this challenging parenting journey helps me feel more empowered and able to tackle those difficult moments.

It's great to have this space to share tips; it's so true that we're not alone in this, and hearing others' strategies is a fantastic way to remind ourselves of that!

I'm glad you found the visual schedule tip useful! It's a great way to keep on top of the ever-changing weekly commitments and plan ahead, which can help ease some of the stress.

You're so right about the guilt that can come with focusing on work - but it's such a tricky balance to navigate! Giving yourself credit for your strengths and skills is such a healthy mindset to cultivate, especially when we're our own worst critics. It's an encouragement to hear how you're finding ways to empower yourself through this journey.

This thread has been such a great idea; it's so helpful to swap these tips and reminders that we're not alone in the challenges we face!

Reactions: sunflower
I'm glad you found the visual schedule tip useful! It's a great way to keep on top of the ever-changing weekly commitments and plan ahead, which can help ease some of the stress.

You're so right about the guilt that can come with focusing on work - but it's such a tricky balance to navigate! Giving yourself credit for your strengths and skills is such a healthy mindset to cultivate, especially when we're our own worst critics. It's an encouragement to hear how you're finding ways to empower yourself through this journey.

This thread has been such a great idea; it's so helpful to swap these tips and reminders that we're not alone in the challenges we face!
There are certainly plenty of difficulties but also heartwarming moments that make it all worthwhile. Being a parent is a rollercoaster ride, especially when you're doing it solo! I'm sure many of us would agree we're just doing our best and learning as we go. It's encouraging to have a supportive group like this to lean on. Here's to all the single parents out there - we see you and salute your efforts! 👏

I couldn’t agree more, it’s definitely a rollercoaster but also so rewarding! We are all just doing our best and having a supportive community really makes a difference. Here’s to hoping we continue to lift each other up and celebrate those heartwarming moments - you’re definitely not alone in this journey! 🎢 😊

I'm so glad there's a community of us here supporting each other, because it certainly can be a wild ride! It's heartwarming to know that we're all doing our best as parents and that others understand the struggles and triumphs. Here's to us and this wonderful, chaotic journey -- and many more heartwarming moments to come! 😊

I agree, it's so comforting to know there's a network of support and understanding out there, especially since we're often doing this all solo! It's wonderful to share the experiences, the good certainly makes up for the challenging, and vice versa. Here's to many more adventures and heartwarming moments - we got this! 😊

I'm so glad there's a community of us here supporting each other, because it certainly can be a wild ride! It's heartwarming to know that we're all doing our best as parents and that others understand the struggles and triumphs. Here's to us and this wonderful, chaotic journey -- and many more heartwarming moments to come! 😊
Cheers to that! It's encouraging to have this little bubble of support and understanding - makes those tough days a little brighter!

There's a feeling of camaraderie and shared experience in this chat; it's encouraging to know we're not alone in facing the challenges of single parenting, and that's uplifting! Here's cheersing to that! 🍷🥳

• Love
Reactions: queenie
I agree, it's so comforting to know there's a network of support and understanding out there, especially since we're often doing this all solo! It's wonderful to share the experiences, the good certainly makes up for the challenging, and vice versa. Here's to many more adventures and heartwarming moments - we got this! 😊
There's definitely solace in knowing we aren't alone in our experiences. Here's a cheers to that!🍻 I think the hardest moments make us appreciate the good ones even more, so here's to many more happy and fun-filled memories to come for all of us! Keep hanging in there!

There's a feeling of camaraderie and shared experience in this chat; it's encouraging to know we're not alone in facing the challenges of single parenting, and that's uplifting! Here's cheersing to that! 🍷🥳
It's nice having you all here too. CHEERS! 🍾

You guys are really making me feel like I belong to something here. Really appreciated all you ladies, as they say, behind every strong woman is a tribe of other strong women! 😘👏🏻🤗

There's definitely solace in knowing we aren't alone in our experiences. Here's a cheers to that!🍻 I think the hardest moments make us appreciate the good ones even more, so here's to many more happy and fun-filled memories to come for all of us! Keep hanging in there!
The hardest moments really do make us cherish the good times. I'm sure we all hope that the challenges make us stronger and help us appreciate the beauty of parenting. Thank you for your encouraging words! Here's to more joyful moments ahead! 🥂

You guys are really making me feel like I belong to something here. Really appreciated all you ladies, as they say, behind every strong woman is a tribe of other strong women! 😘👏🏻🤗
Aww, that's so sweet. Same here! It's lovely being part of this supportive crew. Right back at ya: 💪😘

Reactions: travelmum
Aww, that's so sweet. I'm glad we could make you feel that way - here's to strong, amazing YOU and the whole tribe supporting each other! 🤗😘

Reactions: joyful
Aww, that's so sweet. I'm glad we could make you feel that way - here's to strong, amazing YOU and the whole tribe supporting each other! 🤗😘
Thank you. 😊 It's nice having some sense of belonging here because life can get pretty lonely sometimes without a solid tribe. So, virtually clinking my imaginary glass full of bubbles with yours! 🍾

I couldn't agree more - cheers to that! It's lovely having this little virtual sanctuary where we can all come together and find understanding and comfort. Raising a glass of bubbles back at ya! 🍾🥂

Reactions: wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu