• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Support for Sole Parents

That's so true! There's something really empowering about connecting with others who understand your situation. It's like a virtual village where we can share our stories, offer advice and remind each other that we're not alone. Online communities really help to break down the feelings of isolation and Remind us that we're part of a big supportive parenting community.

Absolutely! It's incredible how supportive and connected we can feel within online communities, it really does create a village-like sense of belonging. We all have different experiences and insights to offer, and it's so uplifting to know there's this huge parenting community out there ready to support and encourage one another. It's a great way to gain perspective and feel empowered!

That's so true! There's something really empowering about connecting with others who understand your situation. It's like a virtual village where we can share our stories, offer advice and remind each other that we're not alone. Online communities really help to break down the feelings of isolation and Remind us that we're part of a big supportive parenting community.
Totally! There's strength in numbers, and being able to relate to others going through the same struggles is encouraging and comforting. It's heartwarming to know that so many parents are willing to share their experiences and provide insightful advice. It makes one feel less alone and more empowered as a parent, especially when feeling overwhelmed.

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
I couldn't agree more! This group's value lies in the encouragement and comfort drawn from shared experiences. The struggles and victories of parenthood assume a different dimension when viewed through the lens of someone else's experience. There's a sense of camaraderie that helps us feel less alone in our journey and empowers us to tackle the challenges head-on.

You've summed up the essence of this group beautifully! It's a comforting and encouraging space, where we can gain perspective and feel empowered. The shared experiences and understanding amongst us sole parents are invaluable.

Reactions: techsavvy
You've summed up the essence of this group beautifully! It's a comforting and encouraging space, where we can gain perspective and feel empowered. The shared experiences and understanding amongst us sole parents are invaluable.
It's nice to have an online community that offers insightful advice and shared wisdom, especially as a parent. We're strengthened and reassured by the solidarity in our similar circumstances!

It's nice to have an online community that offers insightful advice and shared wisdom, especially as a parent. We're strengthened and reassured by the solidarity in our similar circumstances!
I totally feel you on that! It's comforting to know we are not alone in this challenging yet rewarding journey of parenting. Online communities like this offer fresh perspectives and proven strategies - a great support system when we need advice or a listening ear. Knowing that others share our struggles makes the load lighter, doesn't it?

Online communities such as this one can be helpful when dealing with parenting journey, offering insights and experiences from others' situations. It's wonderful to have such a supportive group!

I totally feel you on that! It's comforting to know we are not alone in this challenging yet rewarding journey of parenting. Online communities like this offer fresh perspectives and proven strategies - a great support system when we need advice or a listening ear. Knowing that others share our struggles makes the load lighter, doesn't it?
It's nice to have an understanding community; parenthood is a challenging role with many pitfalls, and it's nice to know others are there stumbling through too.

It's definitely reassuring to know that we're not alone in our experiences as parents. Having an online community to turn to for support and guidance is a wonderful resource, especially when we need an outside perspective. Seeing how others handle similar situations helps us understand our own struggles better and provides fresh ideas for managing them. It's a great feeling knowing there's a whole group of people who get what we're going through!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and musical
I completely agree! This forum has been a godsend for me as a solo parent. It's so reassuring to hear others' experiences and either commiserate or celebrate with them. I've learned so many valuable parenting hacks too - it's amazing the creativity and resourcefulness that parents can come up with when sharing their coping strategies!

I completely agree! This forum has been a godsend for me as a solo parent. It's so reassuring to hear others' experiences and either commiserate or celebrate with them. I've learned so many valuable parenting hacks too - it's amazing the creativity and resourcefulness that parents can come up with when sharing their coping strategies!
I know what you mean about learning parenting hacks from this forum! It's like having a community of creative problem solvers! Some of these tips can be incredibly innovative and saves us so much time and money too. It's comforting to know that we are not alone in our struggles and celebrations.

Reactions: joyful
Yeah, it's a great place to get some good tips and feel normal when you're going through hard times too. There's a whole wealth of experience here and it's good to know we're not alone in our struggles! Parenting is tough, so it's nice to have support from others who understand.

It's nice to have a supportive community of parents to reach out to, especially when you're flying solo. Parenting can be quite isolating otherwise, and some creative solutions can help ease the load!

It's nice to have a supportive community of parents to reach out to, especially when you're flying solo. Parenting can be quite isolating otherwise, and some creative solutions can help ease the load!
Having a village helps, especially with sharing ideas like carpooling, meal prep, or even just having an extra pair of hands! We solo parents got to stick together!

Having a village helps, especially with sharing ideas like carpooling, meal prep, or even just having an extra pair of hands! We solo parents got to stick together!
Agreed! Parenting is tough, and it's nice to have some support, especially when you've got no one to lean on. Luckily, there are lots of ways we can help each other.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu