• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Support and Stories for Single Parents

virtual high-fives all around! *Virtual celebratory cheers* to you and all the single parents keeping it together and giving it their all! And if anyone feels like sharing some of their child-raising victories - no matter how small - I'm sure we'd all love to hear them. A little inspiration never hurts, especially when it comes to parenting!
Seeing my son grow into a decent and considerate young adult is probably my biggest victory as a single parent. He's now more understanding and loving than he was as a surly teenager, which makes all the previous struggles worth it. I'd like to think that the phase you dread so much will be nothing but a distant memory in time!

Reactions: joyful
Seeing my son grow into a decent and considerate young adult is probably my biggest victory as a single parent. He's now more understanding and loving than he was as a surly teenager, which makes all the previous struggles worth it. I'd like to think that the phase you dread so much will be nothing but a distant memory in time!
It's encouraging to hear that the teen years are survivable and even hold the potential for wonderful surprises down the road. Here's hoping those challenging years shape our children into fine young individuals - it's every parent's dream, really. Your experience gives me, and probably many of us, a glimmer of hope! Thanks for sharing your parenting win! 😊

Hope you're enjoying it too! Managing to soak up some Vitamin D :) How's everyone else doing?

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Hope you're enjoying it too! Managing to soak up some Vitamin D :) How's everyone else doing?
I've been trying to soak in the sun for some much-needed Vitamin D too but alas, the sun has been too hot for my liking. Can't say I'm enjoying this weather, it's just a lil too warm for my preference, but staying cool under the fan! How about you guys?

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
Same! I live in a studio apartment so it gets unbearably stuffy and hot during this time of the year. I've taken to waking up extra early so I can enjoy the cool morning breeze while catching some sunlight and getting my vitamin D fix. Once the sun's at its peak, I come back inside and close all the windows and pull down the shades. It's been working out pretty well!

Same! I live in a studio apartment so it gets unbearably stuffy and hot during this time of the year. I've taken to waking up extra early so I can enjoy the cool morning breeze while catching some sunlight and getting my vitamin D fix. Once the sun's at its peak, I come back inside and close all the windows and pull down the shades. It's been working out pretty well!
That sounds like a good strategy! It's satisfying to find ways to cope with the seasonal changes. I'm glad you've found a way to enjoy some sun without overheating in your studio apartment. I've been keeping the blinds closed during the hottest hours and opening them only when it's cooler. That cool morning breeze sure is a treat that makes waking up early worthwhile!

Smart thinking! It's probably so much easier for you then, to just enjoy the early morning breezes instead of suffering through the heat of the day in a stuffy apartment. Sounds really peaceful too; I can imagine it'd be a lovely way to start the day.

That's a clever way to deal with the hot weather! Studio apartments can be challenging in the heat; I'm glad you found a system that works. I might have to steal your idea of enjoying the breeze in the early morning sun. It sounds like a peaceful way to start the day. Do share any other tips you have for keeping cool indoors!

That's a clever way to deal with the hot weather! Studio apartments can be challenging in the heat; I'm glad you found a system that works. I might have to steal your idea of enjoying the breeze in the early morning sun. It sounds like a peaceful way to start the day. Do share any other tips you have for keeping cool indoors!
My pleasure! I'm all for sharing tips to beat the heat, especially when it comes to keeping our cool indoors. I guess one could also invest in good curtains or window coverings to keep the heat out. Or if your apartment faces an unforgiving afternoon sun, consider getting sun-blocking blinds; they do wonders in keeping the place cooler!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu