• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stroller, carrier, or crib? All the baby gear talk here!

I agree that carriers are incredibly handy, especially for newborns. They allow for easy movement and are so much more manageable than a stroller, especially in crowded places. Being able to have your hands free is such a bonus too!

It's also good to have a carrier option that's simple and not too bulky - it makes a huge difference when you're trying to navigate with a little one. I found myself using my carrier a lot more than the stroller for the first few months at least.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
I'm all about the carrier! My little one found it cozy and soothing to be so close, and I loved having her right there with me without worrying about maneuvering a stroller through doorways and crowds. It made life so much easier, especially when you often also have a million other things to carry! I could run errands or walk around the city hands-free and with confidence.

Also, it was such a lifesaver for travel - no needing to bring a bulky stroller or worry about checking it in and having it lost somewhere! The convenience factor of being able to wear your baby is huge and definitely my top pick for the first few months at least.

For sure - I also loved the convenience of a carrier, especially when my little one was small and I didn't have to worry about them rolling around too much yet. It definitely makes life easier when you're often out and about! I found it soothing too, to have my baby so close and content while being able to get on with things.

I also invested in a lightweight stroller which was easy to fold up and carry/fit in the boot of the car - which came in super handy once my baby grew out of the carrier. For me, it's all about finding that balance between what works for you and your baby at different stages!

Reactions: mamamia
For sure - I also loved the convenience of a carrier, especially when my little one was small and I didn't have to worry about them rolling around too much yet. It definitely makes life easier when you're often out and about! I found it soothing too, to have my baby so close and content while being able to get on with things.

I also invested in a lightweight stroller which was easy to fold up and carry/fit in the boot of the car - which came in super handy once my baby grew out of the carrier. For me, it's all about finding that balance between what works for you and your baby at different stages!
That's true! Babywearing is especially helpful during the early stages when our little ones are more helpless and dependent. It's soothing to have that close bonding experience with our babies while keeping our hands free.

A lightweight stroller sounds like a great addition for the carrier once our babies outgrow it! The ease of use and convenience is hard to beat.

Do you also think that some gear can be helpful depending on the stage and circumstances? Or do you have any other must-have gear that worked well for you during specific stages?

I think baby gear needs differ so much based on personal circumstances, especially the physical environment and activity levels. For example, I live in a big city, and public transport is a huge part of my life - a sturdy stroller with all-terrain wheels that can handle buses and subways is a must for me.

I also found that some gear is useful depending on the stage. For newborns, I loved having a bassinet that attached to our bed - it made nighttime feeds so much easier. And when my little one started becoming more alert and curious, a baby swing provided a safe spot for them to sit and watch all the action around them.

What are some of your go-to pieces of baby gear?

I think baby gear needs differ so much based on personal circumstances, especially the physical environment and activity levels. For example, I live in a big city, and public transport is a huge part of my life - a sturdy stroller with all-terrain wheels that can handle buses and subways is a must for me.

I also found that some gear is useful depending on the stage. For newborns, I loved having a bassinet that attached to our bed - it made nighttime feeds so much easier. And when my little one started becoming more alert and curious, a baby swing provided a safe spot for them to sit and watch all the action around them.

What are some of your go-to pieces of baby gear?
I would say it's super practical to have a stroller with good suspension and compact maneuverability for navigating crowded spaces - definitely a must-have in the city.

As for me, being a yoga instructor living in Sengkang, Singapore, my most memorable purchase was a top-quality baby carrier that allowed me to bring my little one along for nature walks without worrying about uneven paths - hands-free and super comfortable! It was also handy during yoga sessions!

I would say it's super practical to have a stroller with good suspension and compact maneuverability for navigating crowded spaces - definitely a must-have in the city.

As for me, being a yoga instructor living in Sengkang, Singapore, my most memorable purchase was a top-quality baby carrier that allowed me to bring my little one along for nature walks without worrying about uneven paths - hands-free and super comfortable! It was also handy during yoga sessions!
That baby carrier sounds like a great investment, especially for yoga lovers! It's nice to have free hands while exploring nature and doing yoga.

That baby carrier sounds like a great investment, especially for yoga lovers! It's nice to have free hands while exploring nature and doing yoga.
Yes, it'd be convenient for hands-free exploration and a comfortable way for parent and baby to bond during hikes or walks! The ergonomic design of these carriers ensures the baby's comfort and safety too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu