• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stroller, carrier, or crib? All the baby gear talk here!

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There's so much gear to think about when you're expecting! I feel so lost with all the options, especially since this is our first. My husband and I are starting with the big three: stroller, carrier/sling, and a crib. What have been your experiences? Any must haves or don't needs among these? I'm curious to hear about your favorites and why!

When it comes to strollers, look for something durable, easy to maneuver, and with features that work well for your daily life. Do you often find yourself navigating tight spaces or hopping on and off public transport? Then a lightweight and agile stroller could be a better investment than one packed full of features you rarely use.

For carriers, it's worth doing your research! There are so many on the market, from wrap-around styles to structured Carriers that distribute baby's weight across your body. Some parents love sling-style carriers for the close contact with their little ones and the ease of use. Structured carriers can be a good option for longer periods because they offer more support for your back and shoulders.

As for cribs, consider going with something that grows with your child. Many cribs now have built-in options to convert to a toddler or full-size bed. This could save you money down the line and give you peace of mind about the safety and durability of your choice. Some parents also love co-sleeper cribs that attach directly to the side of the bed, making those nighttime feedings and comforters a little easier.

The key is really to think about your daily life, your specific needs, and what will make your parenting journey more manageable. You'll soon have a good idea of what's essential for you and your little one!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
Good points! We're thinking along the same lines. I'm looking for something practical and versatile, especially since we live in a urban center with compact spaces and public transport.

For the stroller, I've been researching some of the lighter models that are easy to fold and maneuver, without compromising on sturdiness. And for the crib, I'm leaning towards a convertible one that can adapt as the child grows - seems like a economical choice!

Has anyone used any particular brands for these that they'd recommend? Or any features that have been absolute game-changers for you?

Good points! We're thinking along the same lines. I'm looking for something practical and versatile, especially since we live in a urban center with compact spaces and public transport.

For the stroller, I've been researching some of the lighter models that are easy to fold and maneuver, without compromising on sturdiness. And for the crib, I'm leaning towards a convertible one that can adapt as the child grows - seems like a economical choice!

Has anyone used any particular brands for these that they'd recommend? Or any features that have been absolute game-changers for you?
Some of the mommies here in the forum recommended the X brand stroller, lightweight and easy peasy to push and steer with one hand, super convenient for public transport or tight spaces. They also have a travel system option where you can click and detach the baby carrier, but that's an added expense. As for cribs, I went with the convertible kind too, as it saves money in the long run. Mine's from B brand, durable and looks sleek too! I loved how it grew with my child - so much so that he didn't want to outgrow it!

X brand stroller sounds like a convenient option, especially for public transport! And convertible cribs are the way to go - durable and saves money down the line. Sleek designs are always a bonus too. Seems like you've done your research and found some great options!

double-stroller-testing-UPPAbaby-VISTA-V2-Stroller-leticia-almeida-3474.jpg-5950198525ce43569301929eab31f053.jpg

Thank you! Yeah, I really liked the look of that stroller - and it's a huge bonus that it's convenient for public transport. I prioritised function over form with the crib and went with a convertible one as well. The sleek designs are definitely pleasing to the eye though! We're hoping to create a nice, functional space without compromising on style, so it's good to keep those aesthetics in mind too.

That's awesome that you've found a stroller that balances form and function! It's such an exciting process curating this practical yet stylish nursery. I totally agree that it's nice to have functional pieces that also look good. There's so much cute baby gear these days that make life easier without sacrificing style.

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
I know, right? We want everything stylish and functional - especially because we're often pushed for space! The stroller we went for is sleek and doesn't look too bulky which was a huge plus for us. I feel like you always compromise on something but this one ticked most of our boxes. Can't wait to see what other stylish finds people have! Some super cute gear out there these days :)

I know, right? We want everything stylish and functional - especially because we're often pushed for space! The stroller we went for is sleek and doesn't look too bulky which was a huge plus for us. I feel like you always compromise on something but this one ticked most of our boxes. Can't wait to see what other stylish finds people have! Some super cute gear out there these days :)
We also wanted something functional and space-saving and ended up getting a stroller with a compact fold. It's surprising how some strollers can take up so much space! I agree that it's exciting to see all the aesthetically pleasing baby gears parents are finding these days. I feel like manufacturers are really stepping up their game in response to millennial tastes.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Yeah, it's awesome when practical things can also be aesthetically pleasing - a real win-win! Would love to know which stroller you got. I also love seeing all the cute and innovative gear parents are coming up with these days; there's so many thoughtful designs out there!

Yeah, it's awesome when practical things can also be aesthetically pleasing - a real win-win! Would love to know which stroller you got. I also love seeing all the cute and innovative gear parents are coming up with these days; there's so many thoughtful designs out there!
I got the sleek black City Mini GT2! It's a real looker, super lightweight and easy to maneuver. Love how it can navigate through any terrain too - very practical for Singapore's pave sidewalks and grass patches found in parks.

I got the sleek black City Mini GT2! It's a real looker, super lightweight and easy to maneuver. Love how it can navigate through any terrain too - very practical for Singapore's pave sidewalks and grass patches found in parks.
That sounds like a fabulous stroller! I have heard good things about this range; seems like a popular choice among parents for its functionality and style.

Thanks so much! I've been hearing a lot of great feedback about it, and after doing some extensive research, I think it's going to work really well for our needs. Can't wait till it arrives!

160420241713285964jpg

Reactions: stargazer
Thanks so much! I've been hearing a lot of great feedback about it, and after doing some extensive research, I think it's going to work really well for our needs. Can't wait till it arrives!

160420241713285964jpg
I can visualize your new stroller from the photo - looks like a handy gadget with the canine accessory and all!

Thanks! Yeah, it's got that extra compartment for our furry friend too - really seals the deal on convenience. Can't wait to take it out for a spin!
It's always exciting to buy new gear, especially when it comes with added features like accommodating your furry friend too! Hope you'll have fun using it and that your pets are well-behaved enough to join without misadventure!

Reactions: wellness
It's always exciting to buy new gear, especially when it comes with added features like accommodating your furry friend too! Hope you'll have fun using it and that your pets are well-behaved enough to join without misadventure!
Thanks! Yeah, can't wait to receive my new sustainable and pet-friendly stroller! My hubby chose to go with the one that's compatible with our adventurous lifestyle. I'm glad he made the decision because it was such a tedious task being pregnant and all. Can't wait to stroll around the nature reserves with my little ones and furbaby!

There are just so many baby and pet gear options these days. It gets overwhelming! But I'm lucky the hubby took that load off me.

Reactions: cissy
You're very fortunate your husband took the lead on this task - it sounds like such a hassle! Enjoy strolling through the reserves with your little family. That's a very thoughtful purchase given your adventurous lifestyle too.

You're very fortunate your husband took the lead on this task - it sounds like such a hassle! Enjoy strolling through the reserves with your little family. That's a very thoughtful purchase given your adventurous lifestyle too.
Yeah, I'm super relieved that he took the initiative on this; it's definitely not an easy task! We actually went for a little stroll around our neighborhood to test out the new stroller yesterday afternoon - it's so smooth and easy to maneuver, especially with the path leading up to our favorite reserve being somewhat bumpy and winding. It was a very thoughtful choice on his part. I have no doubt that it'll get lots of use over the coming months and years.

Do you have any essential baby items that you think every parent should invest in? There's so much gear out there that it gets a little overwhelming!

My essential item is a good baby carrier. I found one with a simple design that allowed me to easily carry my baby hands-free and go on longer walks without the added bulk of a stroller. Plus, it was useful for when we had to run errands or go somewhere more crowded - easier to navigate than a stroller most times!

It's definitely a personal preference thing too, as some parents might prefer the stroller option right off the bat. But a carrier was a real lifesaver for me, especially with a newborn!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu