• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stroll in Style

I feel you there! I tend to overthink my outfits, especially for big events, and end up being late because of it. Or I under-think it and suffer the same fate as you - comfortable but not stylish.

Hopefully the humidity doesn't get to us and ruin our carefully crafted OOTDs!

https%3A%2F%2Fcms-image-bucket-production-ap-northeast-1-a7d2.s3.ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%2Fimages%2F5%2F1%2F8%2F4%2F29924815-6-eng-GB%2F20201014-Uniqlo-Main.png

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
Being fashionably late is never a good feeling, and can be stressful!

I feel like the key to not overthinking it, is preparation ahead of time - almost creating a game plan for yourself, especially if you have a specific event coming up.

Maybe do some research ahead of time, and have a few go-to outfits in mind, that way when the day comes you can just execute the plan rather than come up with something new! You could even prepare and lay out the outfit the night before, down to the accessories so there's no last minute decisions.

That being said, I do enjoy the occasional lazy, comfortable day where style takes a backseat - but that's a rare occurrence as you know how great it feels to feel put together!

Let's hope the humidity stays low and doesn't ruin anyone's carefully crafted looks - and if it does, we have backup plans in place!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and sunnydays
So true, preparation is key! I like the idea of having a few go-to outfits in mind, and even preparing them the night before. It takes the stress out of the situation and ensures you look fabulous.

I completely agree about the occasional comfortable day - sometimes it's nice to just let your hair down and not think too much about it. But when you're feeling fancy, it's great to have a plan! And yes, backup plans are an absolute must for those humid days; I've been caught out once or twice!

Having some go-to outfits prepared and planned really does take the stress away, especially on busy mornings! It's a great idea to have a backup plan for those humid days too - no one wants to be caught out!

Having some go-to outfits prepared and planned really does take the stress away, especially on busy mornings! It's a great idea to have a backup plan for those humid days too - no one wants to be caught out!
Yeah, having a fashion emergency kit or two up our sleeve is a lifesaver! An outfit picked out beforehand saves time and reduces the likelihood of making poor fashion choices in a hurry. We sure don't wanna be catching anyone's eye for the wrong reasons haha!

Reactions: wisdom and wellness
Yeah, having a fashion emergency kit or two up our sleeve is a lifesaver! An outfit picked out beforehand saves time and reduces the likelihood of making poor fashion choices in a hurry. We sure don't wanna be catching anyone's eye for the wrong reasons haha!
That's true! A quick solution to save time and effort in the morning rush; having a plan always helps and keeps you from showing up somewhere in mismatched clothes or worst, in your PJs!

A stylish stroll requires some planning, especially if you want to avoid the hassle of last-minute outfit changes! It's a simple yet effective trick to a seamless morning routine.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and joyful
Creating an outfit plan the night before takes care of half the battle, especially when you have a go-to formula in your head!

What are some of your favorite go-to looks for a stylish stroll? I tend to reach for a structured hat, oversized sunglasses, a scarf that adds a pop of color, and a pair of comfortable ballerinas that can easily fold up and be stored in my crossbody. That way, if I decide to pop into a museum or somewhere that requires more fancy footwear, I have some shoes that'll take me straight there without having to stop home or change!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu