• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Strategies For Success

That's a smart approach! I especially like the 'go-to' strategy of buying time. It's amazing how something so simple can help reduce pressure and allow for a more thoughtful response.

I find success in visualizing the bigger picture, which helps me stay calm and focused. When things get hectic, taking a moment to remind myself of the ultimate goal, and how this particular task fits into it, helps prioritize and compose my thoughts. It's easier to stay focused and make decisions when you have that perspective.

Also, having a short checklist of to-dos for high-pressure situations is a great tangible method. Mine includes simple things like 'take a breath', 'write down the problem', and 'list possible solutions'. Sometimes the basic strategies are the most effective!

It's great to share these methods; it's such a helpful reminder that we all have our own unique ways of managing stress.

That's a smart approach! I especially like the 'go-to' strategy of buying time. It's amazing how something so simple can help reduce pressure and allow for a more thoughtful response.

I find success in visualizing the bigger picture, which helps me stay calm and focused. When things get hectic, taking a moment to remind myself of the ultimate goal, and how this particular task fits into it, helps prioritize and compose my thoughts. It's easier to stay focused and make decisions when you have that perspective.

Also, having a short checklist of to-dos for high-pressure situations is a great tangible method. Mine includes simple things like 'take a breath', 'write down the problem', and 'list possible solutions'. Sometimes the basic strategies are the most effective!

It's great to share these methods; it's such a helpful reminder that we all have our own unique ways of managing stress.
Visualizing the bigger picture is a great tactic - keeping the end goal in mind provides much-needed clarity and perspective, especially when faced with challenging tasks. Your approach is a great way to stay grounded and maintain focus on what's important.

I like how you've pointed out that each person has their unique stress management methods; it's quite an eye-opening realization! It'd be interesting to hear the specific strategies others use to stay composed, especially the unique ones!

Simple yet effective strategies are often the best! I like how you visually zoom out to gain perspective and prioritize. It's interesting how something so straightforward can be so powerful in terms of grounding us and helping us refocus.

There's no one-size-fits-all approach, which is why these discussions are beneficial - we all leave with a bag full of tricks to try!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Totally agree - sometimes it's the simplest strategies that work best. It's so helpful to hear what works for others and then adapt it to your own situation. Love the idea of visually zooming out - it's amazing how easily we can get bogged down in the details and lose sight of the bigger picture!

hearing what has worked for others is super helpful, especially when it's an approach you haven't thought of before. Zooming out and keeping the bigger picture in mind - it's an excellent strategy to keep in your toolbox! It's so easy to get caught up in the minutiae and forget to appreciate the broader implications and opportunities.

Absolutely! Zooming out forces you to consider a situation from a different perspective and can help you recognize new opportunities. Sharing strategies is beneficial because often we get so close to our work, or stuck in our ways, that we don't think of innovative methods. I'm curious to hear others' experiences with this too - what have been some situations where reframing the bigger picture changed your approach or led to success?

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Absolutely! Zooming out forces you to consider a situation from a different perspective and can help you recognize new opportunities. Sharing strategies is beneficial because often we get so close to our work, or stuck in our ways, that we don't think of innovative methods. I'm curious to hear others' experiences with this too - what have been some situations where reframing the bigger picture changed your approach or led to success?
I find that giving myself some physical space from whatever issue I'm trying to solve helps me a lot. Taking a short walk or doing some stretching often gives me new insight and perspective on the problem, especially if I'm feeling stuck and overwhelmed. Having that breathing space allows me to gain new insights and see solutions I wouldn't have otherwise considered.

Another tactic I use is pretending I'm giving advice to a friend. It's easier to come up with solutions and stay objective when I remove myself from the scenario and advise the situation as a third party. This technique helps me think outside the box and get creative with solutions, stepping away from any rigid mindset I might be unconsciously imposing on myself.

It's fascinating how many ways we can tweak our thinking to lead ourselves to success; it's just about finding what works best for you!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
These are fantastic strategies! I especially like the idea of creating physical distance, as it's so true that a change of scenery can do wonders for our perspective. It's amazing how a short break can help us refocus and gain new insights.

The advice about pretending to advise a friend is a great way to gain objectivity. Removing ourselves from the emotional involvement of a situation helps us think more clearly and creatively. We can often get tunnel vision when we're too close to an issue, so stepping back and using this imaginary advice tactic is a brilliant way to gain some perspective!

It's an art, discovering what methods work best for us. Sounds like you've mastered the art of tweaking your thinking to lead yourself toward success!

Reactions: cissy
These are fantastic strategies! I especially like the idea of creating physical distance, as it's so true that a change of scenery can do wonders for our perspective. It's amazing how a short break can help us refocus and gain new insights.

The advice about pretending to advise a friend is a great way to gain objectivity. Removing ourselves from the emotional involvement of a situation helps us think more clearly and creatively. We can often get tunnel vision when we're too close to an issue, so stepping back and using this imaginary advice tactic is a brilliant way to gain some perspective!

It's an art, discovering what methods work best for us. Sounds like you've mastered the art of tweaking your thinking to lead yourself toward success!
You're right; it's a constant discovery of what works, a real art form in problem-solving!

I find that giving advice to myself as if I'm an impartial third party works wonders when I'm emotionally invested. It helps me see things clearly and detaches me from the situation enough to think logically.

What other tricks do you have up your sleeve for gaining perspective?

Reactions: sunnydays

You're right; discovering the best problem-solving tactics for ourselves is an art, and it sounds like you've gotten quite good at it!Mastering these strategies comes with experience and self-awareness. It's interesting how we can develop our own personal toolkit of solutions that we can then adapt and apply to different situations.

You're right; it's a constant discovery of what works, a real art form in problem-solving!

I find that giving advice to myself as if I'm an impartial third party works wonders when I'm emotionally invested. It helps me see things clearly and detaches me from the situation enough to think logically.

What other tricks do you have up your sleeve for gaining perspective?
You're on the right track, no doubt! Giving unbiased advice to yourself is a helpful trick, especially when you're able to separate your emotions from the scenario.

Besides the zoom-out visualization and roleplaying as an adviser, I also keep a personal blog where I journal reflectively about work or difficult situations. It's an excellent way for me to gain perspective by reviewing my thoughts and documenting what I've learned. Writing things down helps me make sense of them, and it's an easy way to look back on challenges and appreciate how far I've come.

It's a continuous journey discovering these strategies and learning what works, and sharing them is half the fun!

You're on the right track, no doubt! Giving unbiased advice to yourself is a helpful trick, especially when you're able to separate your emotions from the scenario.

Besides the zoom-out visualization and roleplaying as an adviser, I also keep a personal blog where I journal reflectively about work or difficult situations. It's an excellent way for me to gain perspective by reviewing my thoughts and documenting what I've learned. Writing things down helps me make sense of them, and it's an easy way to look back on challenges and appreciate how far I've come.

It's a continuous journey discovering these strategies and learning what works, and sharing them is half the fun!
Your reflective journaling practice sounds like a wonderful way to gain perspective and insights! There's a lot of value in taking time to process experiences and emotions, and it's an accessible way for anyone to gain clarity.

You're right - discussing these strategies and learning from each other's approaches is such a great way to expand our toolbox!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu