• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Strategies For Balancing Work & Family

I completely agree - there's definitely an added benefit to physically writing out your schedule and using a physical planner or calendar! The satisfaction of visually seeing your week laid out and colour-coded is so satisfying, and it does help with visualizing your time and commitments at a glance. It feels like a more concrete and official way of organizing your life versus digital tools, which can sometimes feel more transient.

The tangibility of a planner lets you flip back and forth between pages, giving you an overview of your month or year ahead which is such a helpful mental exercise for keeping on top of your workload and family time. Plus, the decorating and customization aspect can make it a fun creative outlet too!

It's interesting how the simple act of writing things down can make them feel more real and thus, easier to remember! Do you have any specific ways you like to decorate or personalize your planner? Stickers, stamps, or perhaps some painting or drawing? The extra creativity might help make organizing your life a bit more fun too!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
I love using stickers and sticky notes as my planner decorations - it makes everything feel so much more fun and adds a nice personal touch! I also like to use washi tape to highlight important dates or sections, which is an easy way to add some colour and variety without bulk. Sometimes, I'll also stick in little hand-drawn pictures or memes that relate to an event or milestone - it's a fun way to make the planner more interactive and entertaining to look through. If I'm particularly excited for an upcoming family trip or celebration, I might even break out the paint or collage materials and create a little artwork to stick in. There are so many ways to get creative with it!

It's also a great way to keep the family involved - my kids love adding their artwork or choosing stickers that represent their favourite activities to remind me of upcoming events or their special occasions . It makes using a planner even more meaningful and definitely encourages me to keep up with it.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
That's such a lovely idea! I especially love the idea of including the family - it's a great way to foster a sense of belonging and get everyone excited about family events. It sounds like your planner is a colourful, fun and meaningful project! Would love to see some pics of your decorated pages!

It's like my diary is a family member too - haha! I enjoy decorating it and making it a part of our lives. I'll definitely share some pics soon; they're a bit of a visual reminder to appreciate the little things.
I love using washi tape, stickers and even the kids' artwork for decorations - especially for the monthly headers! We all get excited for the new month ahead and what's to come!

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
That sounds like such a fun way to include the whole family and appreciate the little things! I'd love to see your decorated diary - it sounds adorable, especially with the kids' artwork involved too.

I'll have to remember this idea for future years and maybe start a little tradition! I think it would also be fun to look back on past entries and see how things have changed - especially as the kids grow up so fast and their interests change too. Would love to know your other strategies for making time for family while managing work!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu