• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Staying Healthy During Pregnancy

Absolutely! I think it's such a great mind-set to have, bringing positive vibes and a cheerful outlook during pregnancy. It definitely helps with keeping energy levels up, which is so important when you've got a little one growing inside of you. I found that taking time each day for mindfulness and focusing on the positives really helped me stay healthy and energized throughout my pregnancies. Also making sure to take some 'me-time' each day, even if it's just 15 minutes to relax and de-stress can make such a difference!
Yeah, mindsets got a huge impact on our bodies too! Staying positive really does keep your energy up especially when you're growing another human life. The mindset of being healthy and fit during pregnancy rubs off on your little one too. You're right; mindfulness is crucial, taking time to soak in the positives and enjoy this special phase goes a long way. Having some alone time daily - even if it's just a short break - is a great de-stressing tactic and helps to reset. That's a good one!

Yeah, mindsets got a huge impact on our bodies too! Staying positive really does keep your energy up especially when you're growing another human life. The mindset of being healthy and fit during pregnancy rubs off on your little one too. You're right; mindfulness is crucial, taking time to soak in the positives and enjoy this special phase goes a long way. Having some alone time daily - even if it's just a short break - is a great de-stressing tactic and helps to reset. That's a good one!
It's amazing how our mindset can have such a profound effect on our bodies and our little ones! Staying positive is a great way to keep ourselves energized and healthy, which then has a positive impact on the baby. alone time is a simple yet effective way to reset and recharge, helping us enjoy this special pregnancy period.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: nature and wellness
It's amazing how our mindset can have such a profound effect on our bodies and our little ones! Staying positive is a great way to keep ourselves energized and healthy, which then has a positive impact on the baby. alone time is a simple yet effective way to reset and recharge, helping us enjoy this special pregnancy period.
Some alone time does wonders - it's nice to indulge in personal interests to stay cheerful and upbeat during this special journey! A happy momma means a happy baby. 😊

Some alone time does wonders - it's nice to indulge in personal interests to stay cheerful and upbeat during this special journey! A happy momma means a happy baby. 😊
True that! It's easy to forget about ourselves when we're expecting, but some me-time helps us recharge and keep our spirits up. Keeps the baby happy too!

What are some of your personal favorite things to do that help keep you sane and happy during pregnancy? As long as b Bump allows, I'd love to hear your go-to de-stress activities!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
I focus on self-care essentials, which for me include a few indulgences like manicures and pedicures. It's amazing how a fancy nail design can make me feel so much better about myself! I also take bubble baths and use my time to read or listen to some relaxing music - candles and essential oils are a must too. Bump-watching while doing some gentle stretches has also been soothing and helps me connect with the little one.

I make sure to schedule these little escapes, especially because it feels easier to get bogged down by all the pregnancy symptoms! Knowing that I have a relaxing activity coming up makes me feel better when I'm feeling low. Plus, it's nice to have some alone time where I can focus on myself and bond with the baby without any distractions.

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
I focus on self-care essentials, which for me include a few indulgences like manicures and pedicures. It's amazing how a fancy nail design can make me feel so much better about myself! I also take bubble baths and use my time to read or listen to some relaxing music - candles and essential oils are a must too. Bump-watching while doing some gentle stretches has also been soothing and helps me connect with the little one.

I make sure to schedule these little escapes, especially because it feels easier to get bogged down by all the pregnancy symptoms! Knowing that I have a relaxing activity coming up makes me feel better when I'm feeling low. Plus, it's nice to have some alone time where I can focus on myself and bond with the baby without any distractions.
Yes, pregnancy can be emotionally and physically draining, so scheduling me-time is a great way to keep yourself grounded and sanitize your mind. Indulging in mani-pedis, soaking in a warm bath, and listening to relaxing music helps ease the stress and provides a much-needed mood booster! Stretching and connecting with your baby bump is a wonderful idea to stay in touch with your changing body. It's these little moments that help make the journey more enjoyable.

What other simple indulgences do you ladies swear by for staying sane and feeling good about yourself during pregnancy?

Yes, pregnancy can be emotionally and physically draining, so scheduling me-time is a great way to keep yourself grounded and sanitize your mind. Indulging in mani-pedis, soaking in a warm bath, and listening to relaxing music helps ease the stress and provides a much-needed mood booster! Stretching and connecting with your baby bump is a wonderful idea to stay in touch with your changing body. It's these little moments that help make the journey more enjoyable.

What other simple indulgences do you ladies swear by for staying sane and feeling good about yourself during pregnancy?
I like to indulge in some pregnancy-safe facials and skin treatments. It's amazing how a well-moisturized face can brighten up my mood and make me feel more confident! Also, a little makeup doesn't hurt. Swollen legs are a common issue, so I indulge in leg spas with foot massages that help improve blood flow and reduce fluid retention. Some pregnant mamas will never forget to take care of their hair too - it's amazing how a good haircut or hair treatment can frame your face and lift your spirits!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower and cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu