• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Staying Healthy During Pregnancy

Nice cream is a great suggestion for a healthy, delicious treat during pregnancy! I've found that using different types of milk can greatly change the flavor and texture, so it's fun to experiment with those and various toppings or mix-ins.

Having some frozen fruits on hand is an excellent idea for a quick, satisfying snack. I often craved something sweet and cold during my pregnancies, so having these healthy options in the freezer could be a lifesaver on hot days! Frozen mango chunks are another favorite of mine - they're like a tropical treat. I also discovered freeze-dried fruits during my second pregnancy; they're another crunchy, cool snack option and maintain the natural sweetness of fresh fruit.

Are there any other healthy snacks you ladies recommend to help beat the heat during pregnancy? It's good to have a list of go-to options!
Some pregnant ladies swear by their DIY smoothie kits! It's basically blending frozen or fresh fruits with liquids like coconut water, regular water, or even milk. Throw in some yoghurt or chia seeds for an extra healthy punch and a thicker texture.

Cut-up vegetables like cucumber, celery, carrot sticks or bell peppers are also great for snacking, dips or not! They're refreshing, crunchy, and help satisfy those pregnant cravings. You can even plant your own snipping herbs like mint, which goes well with the veggies.

My craving preferences leaned more towards savoury than sweet. I found freeze-dried vegetables - like carrots and green beans - an addictive and healthy snack option! They have that satisfying crunchy texture without the oil and salt of conventional chips.

Pregnancy is a great excuse to indulge in moderate amounts and stay healthy!

Yes, it's wonderful how nature has provided us with many delicious and healthy alternatives to satisfy our cravings during pregnancy! The possibilities are endless with all the different kinds of fresh and dried fruits, seeds and nuts we can experiment with.
There sure are many tasty and nutritious treats to indulge in during pregnancy! Nature is clever like that. I'm glad I had access to a wide variety of healthy snacks when pregnant; it made me feel like I was doing my body (and the baby's) good with every bite!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
That's right! It's amazing how our bodies naturally crave nutritious foods during this special time. It makes it a lot easier to indulge in healthy treats and feel great about it too!

What were some of your favorite healthy snacks? Fruits, veggies, and smoothies perhaps?

Reactions: sunflower
That's right! It's amazing how our bodies naturally crave nutritious foods during this special time. It makes it a lot easier to indulge in healthy treats and feel great about it too!

What were some of your favorite healthy snacks? Fruits, veggies, and smoothies perhaps?
I enjoyed having frozen grapes as a snack - they're nature's lollies! It's also easy to pop a few into your mouth and conveniently pack them for on-the-go. And I agree, it's reassuring our bodies inherently know what's good for us and tempts us with the right foods.

Nature's lollies - I love it! That's such a great idea to keep some frozen grapes handy, especially in those early weeks when morning sickness can hit. It's amazing how our bodies crave what's good for us and these little treats can make a world of difference.

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
Nature's lollies - I love it! That's such a great idea to keep some frozen grapes handy, especially in those early weeks when morning sickness can hit. It's amazing how our bodies crave what's good for us and these little treats can make a world of difference.
Yes, isn't it surprising what our bodies naturally gravitate towards? The body is so clever - it knows exactly what it needs! Frozen grapes sound like a delicious and healthy snack option. Nature certainly provides the best comfort foods!

Yes, isn't it surprising what our bodies naturally gravitate towards? The body is so clever - it knows exactly what it needs! Frozen grapes sound like a delicious and healthy snack option. Nature certainly provides the best comfort foods!
Yeah, our bodies are wiser than we think! I didn't know grapes could be stored this way; I usually end up freezing them into little ice gems myself, though they don't last long enough in my house to risk making a whole batch. Nature has the best solutions!

nature does provide the best solutions! Frozen grapes are an excellent healthy snack option during pregnancy - they're like little bursts of sweetness and keep very well in the freezer. I'm glad you mentioned storing them this way; it's a handy tip for all the expectant moms out there!

Who knew that nature had already packaged these tasty treats perfectly for us? We can definitely trust our bodies and their wisdom - they know what's best!

• Love
Reactions: koala

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu