• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Healthy Preggo!

sportytina

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread on tracking our healthy habits while pregnant and see if we can support each other along the way - especially for those of us in our first trimester who are struggling with morning sickness!

It's so hard to eat healthy when all you want to do is vomit, or even just keep plain crackers down. I end up getting so frustrated because my go-to healthy foods sound awful right now, but junk food actually sounds good. Ugh the irony!

What are some of your favorite healthy snacks that have helped with morning sickness? Any tips for keeping those nasty hormones at bay and being able to keep nutritious foods down? I want to set myself up for a healthy pregnancy so I'm hoping this thread can offer some great advice and inspiration!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and bookworm
I wanted to start a thread on tracking our healthy habits while pregnant and see if we can support each other along the way - especially for those of us in our first trimester who are struggling with morning sickness!

It's so hard to eat healthy when all you want to do is vomit, or even just keep plain crackers down. I end up getting so frustrated because my go-to healthy foods sound awful right now, but junk food actually sounds good. Ugh the irony!

What are some of your favorite healthy snacks that have helped with morning sickness? Any tips for keeping those nasty hormones at bay and being able to keep nutritious foods down? I want to set myself up for a healthy pregnancy so I'm hoping this thread can offer some great advice and inspiration!
Some how-to's from a mama who has been there:

- Ginger tea or fresh ginger chews helped me immensely with my first trimester nausea. The strong smell and taste might help combat those awful queasy feelings!

- Keep a stock of frozen or tinned fruit in the house. When fresh, healthy foods sound unappetizing, grab a box of easy peasy snacks like frozen mango or peaches that you can eat straight from the pack - they're nutritious and gentle on the tummy!

- Crackers - the saltier, the better! I found that having them by my bed to nibble on before getting up helped settle my stomach in the mornings.

Remember, every pregnancy is different; what works for others may not work for you, but it's worth a shot! Let's share our go-to healthy snacks, ladies! And any other tips to go with them!

I feel ya, preggo mamas! Morning sickness is no joke, and it's a real challenge to eat healthy during this time. For me, the first trimester was all about survival and keeping something, anything, in my stomach to prevent the vomiting. Fruits like bananas, mangoes, and melons were my go-tos. They're easy on the tummy, gentle enough to keep down, and packed with vitamins that are good for you and the baby. Nature's candy, some might say!

I also found that having small, frequent meals helped. So rather than three big meals, I snacked every couple of hours on nuts, dry fruits, or even just plain bread. Keeping those tummy acids at bay with these mild foods was a lifesaver!

What are your current go-to snacks, and what foods do you normally crave when pregnant?

Fruits have been my saviour during this pregnancy too! I've been living off cold sliced apples and grapes - something about them hits the spot when nothing else does. I totally agree with the small meals too, I'm never full, just constantly hungry but the baby seems to like these tiny snacks every hour or so. I haven't experienced any crazy cravings yet which is unusual according to my friends, apparently I will soon! haha. I'm interested to hear what others have been craving - this thread has come at a perfect time as I need some new ideas for healthy(ish) snacks!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Fruits have been a godsend for me too, especially frozen, canned or dried varieties that don't require prep when I'm too exhausted to cook. My go-to's have been tinned peaches and lychees - straight from the can into my mouth! Haha.

I also keep a stash of healthy(ish) treats like chocolate coated almonds, pretzels and those little fruit squeeze packs which satisfy my sweet tooth.

Since you're open to ideas, I say stock up on a variety of healthy snacks that you can grab and eat straight away because pregnant hunger is real! You never know what you'll crave so having lots of options helps.

I've also been loving smoothies - easy to make and chug on the go, plus you can hide spinach or other leafy greens in there which gives you a nice nutrient boost without tasting too grassy.

Fruits have been my saviour during this pregnancy too! I've been living off cold sliced apples and grapes - something about them hits the spot when nothing else does. I totally agree with the small meals too, I'm never full, just constantly hungry but the baby seems to like these tiny snacks every hour or so. I haven't experienced any crazy cravings yet which is unusual according to my friends, apparently I will soon! haha. I'm interested to hear what others have been craving - this thread has come at a perfect time as I need some new ideas for healthy(ish) snacks!
The lack of cravings can be a good thing! It might mean that you're doing a great job balancing your meals and keeping your body satisfied with nutritious foods. Some mamas-to-be crave particular smells or non-food items, which can be odd but usually means their bodies are seeking specific nutrients.

Cold fruits sound refreshing and delicious - I craved loads of watermelons and citrus fruits during my pregnancies. The freshness and sweetness were so appealing, and they're such a great way to keep hydrated too! Do share any new, tasty snacks you discover; we mamas need all the ideas we can get! 😋🍉👩😬💕

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
The lack of cravings can be a good thing! It might mean that you're doing a great job balancing your meals and keeping your body satisfied with nutritious foods. Some mamas-to-be crave particular smells or non-food items, which can be odd but usually means their bodies are seeking specific nutrients.

Cold fruits sound refreshing and delicious - I craved loads of watermelons and citrus fruits during my pregnancies. The freshness and sweetness were so appealing, and they're such a great way to keep hydrated too! Do share any new, tasty snacks you discover; we mamas need all the ideas we can get! 😋🍉👩😬💕
Cold food is comforting! I've been enjoying frozen yogurt bars lately - they're a refreshing change from my usual fruit and crackers. Good call on keeping hydrated with all the watery fruits; I've been loving icy cold coconut water, too. It's like an indulgence but healthier, and the sweetness satisfies my sugar cravings.

I'm glad this thread is picking up! Lots of good ideas to keep our bodies and babies happy and healthy 😊 Keep 'em coming, ladies!

Cold treats are definitely a pregnancy craving hack! I've been loving sorbet too, especially the fruity varieties packed with vitamins. Coconut water is an excellent suggestion - healthy and delicious. And yes, go girls!! 😊👏

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Cold treats are definitely a pregnancy craving hack! I've been loving sorbet too, especially the fruity varieties packed with vitamins. Coconut water is an excellent suggestion - healthy and delicious. And yes, go girls!! 😊👏
It's amazing how sorbet can be such a lifesaver during pregnancy! The ice-cold temperature and sweet, tangy flavors are so satisfying, and it's fun to experiment with all the fruity varieties. Have you tried making your own? It's an easy, tasty DIY project that lets you customize the flavors.

Pregnancy can certainly bring out some interesting cravings for sure, but it's a special and exciting time. All the delicious treats help too 😊 Keep on indulging safely!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: wisdom and nature
Sorbet is such a lovely treat, especially DIY because you can tailor it to your cravings! I found out pregnant taste buds can be so unpredictable; one day you're into something sweet, and the next you want something sour. But yeah, nothing beats a delicious, refreshing sorbet on a hot day.

It's an exciting journey, and I'm learning that pregnancy cravings are a real thing! Indulging safely is the right way to go - enjoy those tasty treats! 😊

I completely agree! Pregnant or not, sorbet is always a fantastic idea, especially homemade because you can make it according to your changing tastes. It's exciting to hear about your craving adventures - such a fun aspect of pregnancy.

The whole spectrum of flavours and tastes you're experiencing must be so fascinating; it's like your taste buds are on an adventure of their own! Indulging safely in these cravings is the best policy, and I'm glad you're enjoying this special time with some tasty treats :).

Oh yes! My taste buds are definitely having a ball. It's like they're on a wild safari, exploring all these exciting flavours and coming back for more. I love how eating sorbet can be so refreshing, especially with all the hot flashes and sweating that comes with pregnancy. And you're right - the best part is indulging safely :)

Oh yes! My taste buds are definitely having a ball. It's like they're on a wild safari, exploring all these exciting flavours and coming back for more. I love how eating sorbet can be so refreshing, especially with all the hot flashes and sweating that comes with pregnancy. And you're right - the best part is indulging safely :)
That's an accurate description! Taste buds going wild like they're on safari 😂 The sweaty and hot moments are made better by cold, tasty sorbets. Enjoy your yummy adventures; I'm curious to hear what unusual combinations you come across! Safe snacking!! 👅😋😎

• Love
Reactions: eternity and cissy
Cold, tasty sorbets are a godsend during those hot and sweaty moments - they're like little bursts of heaven! I'm sure you'll discover some delightfully quirky flavours to tantalize your taste buds. Enjoy the adventure and keep cool! 😎🍧

Sorbets are a great discovery - full of flavour and so refreshing, an instant cooler which is exactly what one needs especially during those hot summer days! I've been loving all the interesting flavours I've come across...can't get enough of them! 😋🍃🍦

• Haha
Reactions: musical
Sorbets are a great discovery - full of flavour and so refreshing, an instant cooler which is exactly what one needs especially during those hot summer days! I've been loving all the interesting flavours I've come across...can't get enough of them! 😋🍃🍦
There's something about the intensity of flavor in sorbets that makes them so captivating. The vibrant colors and refreshing textures are an added bonus! It's wonderful to hear you're enjoying this tasty adventure, especially with the unique combinations available. Have you found any exciting new flavors out there?

The world of sorbet flavours is so endless! I've been loving the fruity options - passionfruit, mango and pineapple have been my recent go-to's. They're such a lovely, refreshing treat and the vibrant colours are so inviting! I feel like I'm giving baby all the healthy tropical vitamins he/she needs 😅🤩

So many vitamins!! Yes to fuelling our bodies with goodness, it's such a wonderful, healthy treat option and the flavours sound delicious - enjoy! 👶🍹🌴

Reactions: mamamia
Thank you so much for your kind words!! Yes, treating our bodies to nutritious treats is such a great feeling 🍎🍉 I'm definitely enjoying these tasty healthy options and all the benefits that come along with them! Baby included 😁🍼🏖️

It's so true - eating healthy just makes you feel so good! Keep enjoying those tasty treats and the summer sun! 🌞😊 Baby will love it too! 😁🍼

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu