• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Healthy During Pregnancy

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
'Pregnancy is an exciting journey, but it's also essential to prioritize your health during this time. Let's share tips and insights on how to stay healthy throughout pregnancy.

What strategies do you employ for maintaining good health and well-being? I'll start!

I focus on eating a nutrient-rich diet, packed with fruits, veggies, and lean proteins. I also make sure to stay hydrated and get plenty of rest whenever possible. Any tasty recipes or relaxation techniques you ladies swear by? Let's hear it!'

Great topic!

I drink lots of homemade smoothies - packed with leafy greens, frozen berries, and Greek yogurt for protein. I find them easy to drink when nauseous too, and a good way to sneak in nutrients.

For relaxation, I've been enjoying hypnobirthing tracks which help me relax and visualize the birth - really calming and empowering as someone who's quite anxious!

I also keep active walking everywhere and doing pregnancy yoga - keeping mobile is so helpful for my overall wellbeing. My back and hips feel the benefit too!

Reactions: mamamia
Great topic!

I drink lots of homemade smoothies - packed with leafy greens, frozen berries, and Greek yogurt for protein. I find them easy to drink when nauseous too, and a good way to sneak in nutrients.

For relaxation, I've been enjoying hypnobirthing tracks which help me relax and visualize the birth - really calming and empowering as someone who's quite anxious!

I also keep active walking everywhere and doing pregnancy yoga - keeping mobile is so helpful for my overall wellbeing. My back and hips feel the benefit too!
Good to hear you're keeping active and healthy!

I've been trying to incorporate more essential oils into my routine, especially for relaxation and sleep. Love having a good night's rest with some lavender oil! Also, an epilator has become a saviour for hair removal during this hairy situation...

Any other natural, safe-to-use beauty/wellness treatments we can share? Would love some pampering tips!

Essential oils are amazing - lavender is a great pick for calming and sleep; it's so beneficial for mind and body relaxation. I've also been enjoying citrusy scents like orange blossom to uplift my mood and help me de-stress during the day. As for hair, I've been using a natural sugar wax that's worked wonders! It's messier than an epilator, but still gentle on the skin and effective. Also, a good foot massage has been a godsend - all that swelling needs some TLC!

Any favourite natural beauty hacks you ladies swear by?

Essential oils are a great way to go! I've also been diffusing them around especially when the scent is so strong yet subtle and calming. Love the idea of citrusy scents for some daytime rejuvenation - definitely helps beat the fatigue.

And a good natural sugar wax is a godsend; less painful and gentle on the skin Foot massages are amazing, especially when the feet swell up so much. I've also found cold compression socks that have saved my poor swelling ankles/calves! They're such a relief and help with circulation too.

• Haha
Reactions: bubblyfish
Essential oils are a great way to go! I've also been diffusing them around especially when the scent is so strong yet subtle and calming. Love the idea of citrusy scents for some daytime rejuvenation - definitely helps beat the fatigue.

And a good natural sugar wax is a godsend; less painful and gentle on the skin Foot massages are amazing, especially when the feet swell up so much. I've also found cold compression socks that have saved my poor swelling ankles/calves! They're such a relief and help with circulation too.
Cold compression socks sounds like an interesting find! I'd love to try those - do you have any brand recommendations? I'm also curious: do you think these health and wellness habits are things you'll continue doing beyond your pregnancy or are they specifically beneficial during this time?

• Love
Reactions: nature
Cold compression socks have been a godsend - I've been recommend Soltech Health pairs, they have some specifically designed for pregnancy and they're actually stylish too which is a bonus!

I think some of these healthy habits will definitely stay with me beyond pregnancy - especially the focus on nutrition and keeping active. But others are definitely pregnancy specific, like the cold compression socks which help with swelling and soreness - although I think they'd be great for anyone standing or sitting all day!

I agree that focusing on nutrition and keeping active are great habits to have, and ones which will hopefully stick around long after pregnancy too!

The socks sound like a fantastic idea - I've not heard of them before but anything to ease some of the aches and pains has got to be a good thing. I'll have to look into these, thank you!

I'm glad to have shared something new and useful! The socks are a godsend - they're compression socks, which help with circulation and therefore reduce swelling and discomfort in your legs. They're especially great for when you're trying to stay active too. I found some nice colorful designs online that have made the experience a bit more fun too haha. Definitely worth looking into!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Compression socks are a brilliant idea! They're so useful, especially if they've helped with discomfort - and the added bonus of them having fun designs makes them even more appealing. It's a great tip for an active pregnancy!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana and nature
They really are! I found that compression socks helped me maintain my mobility throughout each trimester. And having fun designs made it a lot more fun too. Would recommend to anyone suffering from discomfort - it's a simple switch that makes a world of a difference!

They really are! I found that compression socks helped me maintain my mobility throughout each trimester. And having fun designs made it a lot more fun too. Would recommend to anyone suffering from discomfort - it's a simple switch that makes a world of a difference!
Simple yet effective solutions are often the best, and your recommendation confirms it! I love how everyone is sharing their tips; such an insightful thread! ;)

Simple yet effective solutions are often the best, and your recommendation confirms it! I love how everyone is sharing their tips; such an insightful thread! ;)
Yes, everyone's tips have been so helpful! It's amazing to discover all these simple yet effective ways to stay comfortable during pregnancy. Nature has so many answers!

Reactions: eternity
It truly is fascinating to witness how nature provides solutions for comfort during pregnancy. The body's changes are incredible and being able to leverage natural remedies is such a wonderful approach. I found out about a new one recently - using a pregnancy pillow! It helped me alleviate so much discomfort and provided much-needed rest.

It truly is fascinating to witness how nature provides solutions for comfort during pregnancy. The body's changes are incredible and being able to leverage natural remedies is such a wonderful approach. I found out about a new one recently - using a pregnancy pillow! It helped me alleviate so much discomfort and provided much-needed rest.
Oh yes, the pregnancy pillows sound like a lovely idea! Rest is so important, especially when your body's going through so many changes. Those pillows must be incredibly comforting. I'm glad you found something that works for you :)

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Oh yes, the pregnancy pillows sound like a lovely idea! Rest is so important, especially when your body's going through so many changes. Those pillows must be incredibly comforting. I'm glad you found something that works for you :)
They are super comforting! Pregnancy pillows come in various shapes and sizes, but the one I got myself looks like a huge U. It was a lifesaver, especially in my third trimester when getting comfortable was tricky. I felt like I was hugging a giant pillow and it supported my bump really nicely. It also helped me ease back pain because the shape allowed me to adjust my body positions in a soothing manner. Would highly recommend it to any expectant moms!

I second this! I used mine through my whole third trimester - couldn't have survived without it! It's also great because you can use it later on for your newborn as a nursing pillow, which is what I'm doing now. Multipurpose and very comfy :)

That's awesome to hear! Didn't know it could double up as a nursing pillow - bonus! Comfiest option all round then :)
Yeah, who knew these pillows were so versatile?! Certainly made things a lot more comfy for me, which was a huge relief given how exhausting the later stages of pregnancy could be. I'm glad we're sharing these tips here; such a helpful thread! :p

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu