• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Healthy, Bump!

Beetroot? Really?! That's a new one. Interesting! Will have to pick some up next time and give it a shot. Thank you!
Yes, please do! It might seem strange adding them into a smoothie, but it works surprisingly well. They're sweet and earthy, which adds a lovely natural sweetness to the drink. Not to mention, they're super good for you too! Give it a blend someday, and you'll be in for a nice red-hued treat.

Beets are definitely worth trying! They're sweet and earthy, adding a lovely rich flavour. It's surprising how something so delicious is also nutritious. Give it a go and let us know what you think!
There are just so many ingredients to experiment with - the possibilities for creative combinations are endless! I'm getting hungry too; thinking about all these healthy snacks is making my stomach grumble. :p

Beets are definitely worth trying! They're sweet and earthy, adding a lovely rich flavour. It's surprising how something so delicious is also nutritious. Give it a go and let us know what you think!
Yes I've found that throwing in some strawberries and bananas can also help to disguise the earthiness of the beets, for those who are unsure about the flavour. But it's a great way to sneak some extra vitamins and minerals into your diet.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
Yes, please do! It might seem strange adding them into a smoothie, but it works surprisingly well. They're sweet and earthy, which adds a lovely natural sweetness to the drink. Not to mention, they're super good for you too! Give it a blend someday, and you'll be in for a nice red-hued treat.
The ingredients mentioned are intriguing and healthy additions to our smoothies! I'm also curious what other unusual or common foods you guys throw into your smoothie to make it exciting and nutritious. We could all use some new ideas! Share your unique combinations!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
We usually go for the standard frozen berries, but a friend of mine swears by adding beans to his smoothies - black, pinto, or whichever canned beans are on hand. It's a cheap and easy way to add protein and fibre! He says it also gives the smoothie a nice creamy texture. Also a good way to get some extra calories in there if you're trying to bulk up.

An interesting strategy, Never tried adding beans to smoothies, but it sounds like an innovative and nutritious twist, especially with the extra protein and fibre boost. The creamy texture it provides also sounds appealing. Might have to experiment with some black beans next time to give it a go! Thanks for sharing the tip!

An interesting strategy, Never tried adding beans to smoothies, but it sounds like an innovative and nutritious twist, especially with the extra protein and fibre boost. The creamy texture it provides also sounds appealing. Might have to experiment with some black beans next time to give it a go! Thanks for sharing the tip!
The possibilities are truly endless, and it's fascinating how creative one can get with smoothies.

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
You're telling me! I've recently been experimenting with adding matcha powder to my smoothies - a nice energy booster and a delicious, healthy punch of antioxidants 😁 Also been enjoying some fun combinations with frozen fruits like pitted cherries and dragonfruit; they give such a lovely, vibrant colour to the blend too. What about you? Any fun ingredients or flavour profiles you've been enjoying lately?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu