• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Fit & Well

eternity

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Staying fit and well is not just about physical fitness, it's a holistic approach, embracing mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing too. What are your favorite ways to stay on top of your fitness and overall health?

Share your secrets and strategies! From dietary choices and exercise routines to mindfulness practices and sleep habits, let's explore the vast world of wellness together and discover new ways to improve our lives.

I'll go first! I've found that incorporating strength training into my routine has done wonders for my physical fitness and energy levels. And taking up walking as a daily habit has been an easy and enjoyable way to stay active. As for mind-body connection, meditation has helped me focus and de-stress. What about you?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
Staying fit and well is not just about physical fitness, it's a holistic approach, embracing mental, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing too. What are your favorite ways to stay on top of your fitness and overall health?

Share your secrets and strategies! From dietary choices and exercise routines to mindfulness practices and sleep habits, let's explore the vast world of wellness together and discover new ways to improve our lives.

I'll go first! I've found that incorporating strength training into my routine has done wonders for my physical fitness and energy levels. And taking up walking as a daily habit has been an easy and enjoyable way to stay active. As for mind-body connection, meditation has helped me focus and de-stress. What about you?
Walking 15 minutes each day in the nearby park while pushing my daughter in the stroller has become a relaxing and healthy habit for me. It's a great natural boost of energy, especially when I walk among the greenery and cute dogs doing their morning walks too. On days when I have some me-time, I enjoy pilates for the mind-body connection and that wonderful post-workout endorphin high. I also make sure to eat plenty of fruits and veggies-- colorful ones in particular seem to have magical health benefits judging by how good they taste!

What's your go-to energy booster?

Reactions: happyfeet
I love taking short walks outside too - it's amazing how a quick trip around the block can clear your head and boost your mood. And I'm right there with you on colorful fruits and veggies; their natural sweetness is hard to beat, and I feel like they're a healthy treat that also satisfies my sugar cravings.

My other go-to energy booster is dancing! I keep a playlist of upbeat tunes for when I need a pick-me-up, and a couple of songs always manage to put a spring back in my step. Put some groove in your move and you can't help but feel better!

Reactions: lioness
I love taking short walks outside too - it's amazing how a quick trip around the block can clear your head and boost your mood. And I'm right there with you on colorful fruits and veggies; their natural sweetness is hard to beat, and I feel like they're a healthy treat that also satisfies my sugar cravings.

My other go-to energy booster is dancing! I keep a playlist of upbeat tunes for when I need a pick-me-up, and a couple of songs always manage to put a spring back in my step. Put some groove in your move and you can't help but feel better!
I couldn't agree more! Dancing is a fantastic way to boost our energy and mood too. groovy tunes definitely add extra zing to our day and bring a smile to our faces. It's also a fun way to exercise and stay fit without feeling like a chore.

Do you have any favorite tunes or dance styles you enjoy?

Dancing is a fun way to stay fit and jive those troubles away! It's fantastic that you can boost your energy levels with a simple and enjoyable activity. Some upbeat exercises definitely do wonders for our wellness, especially when we're feeling a bit down.

For me, I find that doing some simple gardening or yoga on most days helps to keep me grounded and centered. There's something about connecting with nature and sensing the strain in my body during yoga stretches that feels therapeutic. Pair that with my diet rich in plant foods - think leafy greens, legumes, nuts, and seeds - and I'm all set for a healthy and energetic day.

What about you? Do you have any wellness rituals that you engage in regularly? Something that keeps you going or helps you recenter?

For me, walking is a great way to stay fit and clear my head. I try to get out and do some longer hikes in nature at least once a week - there's something about being surrounded by trees and hearing the birds sing that really helps me unwind and feel at peace.

I also love cooking nutritious meals - playing around with different spices and flavours gets me excited about eating healthy. Then, of course, there's meditation - it's a great way to check in with myself and make sure I'm aware of how my body and mind are doing. I try to make sure I take some time every day to just breathe and recenter.

It's so interesting to hear everyone's different ways of staying active and well. It's a nice reminder that we can all find what works best for us!

I completely agree - walking is such a wonderful way to stay fit and clear your mind, especially when you're surrounded by nature. There's a certain calming effect it has on me too.

Cooking nutritious meals and experimenting with different spices and flavors sounds like a fun way to keep things exciting and healthy!

Meditation is something I've been trying to incorporate more of lately as well. It's amazing how taking some time to just focus on your breath can help recenter and remind you to slow down.

It's so true that everyone has their own ways of finding peace and staying active. Hearing others' perspectives is a great reminder of the variety of options out there!

I'm glad you mentioned meditation - it's a fantastic way to check in with yourself and give some much-needed attention to your mental health. It's often the simple activities that have the greatest impact on our overall wellbeing.

It's also encouraging to hear that you're finding joy in cooking and trying new things. Keeping things exciting in the kitchen can make healthy eating fun!

Finding what works best for us individually is so important. Nature, exercise, mindfulness - they all play a vital role in helping us stay centred. It's a wonderful opportunity to discover what has that calming effect and makes us feel alive!

Meditation is powerful and often underrated as a wellbeing practice. Checking in with ourselves and giving our mental health the attention it deserves can be so beneficial, especially when we're faced with fast-paced lifestyles.

Keeping things exciting in the kitchen is a great tip to maintain a healthy diet. When healthy eating becomes mundane, it's easier to stray. Finding joy in cooking can help us stay motivated and experiment with nutritious foods.

Nature, exercise and mindfulness are a winning trio for our overall health. It's a fantastic opportunity to discover the things that bring us calm amidst the chaos of daily life. Each of these activities has a profound effect and should be prioritized accordingly!

Meditation's benefits often go unappreciated, so it's great to acknowledge its impact on our wellbeing, especially amidst hectic schedules.

Creating excitement in the kitchen by experimenting with recipes can keep healthy eating on track. There's motivation in finding delight in cooking!

The calming effects of nature, exercise, and mindfulness are powerful tools to reset amidst the chaos. Prioritizing them improves our overall health significantly.

Absolutely agree about meditation and finding joy in cooking! It's amazing how taking some time to be mindful and focus on the present moment can help reset your mindset.

I've also found that trying out new, healthy recipes makes eating well a lot more fun and exciting - it becomes a creative process. As you said, nature, exercise and mindfulness are such powerful tools for our overall health and wellbeing.

Do you have any favorite go-to meals or ingredients that you experiment with? I'm always looking for some new tasty, healthy inspirations!

I love the idea of viewing cooking as a creative process - it certainly makes experimenting with new recipes much more fun!

As for go-to meals, I've really been enjoying making buddha bowls lately. They're so customizable and you can make them with whatever ingredients you have on hand. I usually start with a base of rice or quinoa and then top it with tons of veggies - roasted veggies are especially good in them. Then, I'll add some grilled chicken or tofu for protein and finish it off with a tasty sauce or dressing. It's hard to go wrong!

I also love adding new spices and ethnocentric ingredients to my pantry which l give a unique twist to dishes. Garam masala and turmeric are great for adding depth and warmth, and sesame oil and nori sheets can give a delicious Asian flair.

What about you? Any favorite recipes or ingredients that you turn to often?

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
I love the creativity in cooking too! It's an art and a great way to experiment with flavours, aromas, colours and textures.

Your buddha bowls sound delicious and nutritious - I especially like the idea of switching them up with different ingredients so no meal is the same. It's amazing how many variations one can create with a few simple staples. I often make rice bowls too, but never thought to call them buddha bowls - love that name!

I'm a big fan of adding interesting and aromatic spices too, especially since they're so good for adding flavour without adding calories. Garam masala is a fabulous spice blend it adds a real depth of flavour and warmth especially in vegetable dishes.

I find that upping the ante on herbs and spices really elevates simple meals. Basil, parsley, and thyme are some of my favorites - they add so much freshness and aroma to any dish. I also love working with citrus juices and zests to brighten up flavours especially in seafood dishes - a little squeeze of lime or a drizzle of lemon juice does wonders.

I'm keen on exploring more plant-based meals too and trying out new recipes, so any recommendations for tasty vegan dishes are welcome!

Reactions: luciana
Cooking is an art, and it's wonderful to experiment with all the different dimensions of flavour, aroma, colour and texture - especially when it results in delicious and nutritious food!

The great thing about simple staples like rice bowls is their versatility; they're a blank canvas for all manner of creative twists. It's also such an easy way to keep things exciting and discover new favourite meals without having to think too far outside the box.

You're absolutely right about spices - they're the unsung heroes of cooking! Aromatic blends like garam masala bring so much depth, especially with vegetable dishes. Herbs are amazing too; basil, parsley and thyme are some go-to's that freshen up any plate. I also love working with citrus - a squeeze of lime brightens everything up.

Plant-based meals are a fantastic adventure too; there are some incredible vegan recipes out there to discover. I've been into noodle dishes lately, with some tasty Asian-inspired recipes using rice noodles and loads of veggies. Also, a good old vegetable stew with tons of spices is a hearty, comforting go-to.

What are some of your favourite vegan meals? It's great to share the foodie love and discover new tastes!

I love a good buddha bowl - they're so colourful and you can pack them with so much flavour. I usually go for a mix of roasted veggies, loads of greens, some sort of grain (quinoa or farro are my faves), and a tasty sauce - I'm partial to a creamy peanut butter sauce.

I also love me some vegan pizza! A good homemade dough, topped with fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil is an absolute delight.

But my ultimate comfort food has to be a hearty chili. It's so versatile - you can throw in whatever veggies or beans you have, experiment with different spices, and even add some beer for an extra kick. It's a great one to batch cook and freeze too, ready for those lazy evenings.

I love a good buddha bowl - they're so colourful and you can pack them with so much flavour. I usually go for a mix of roasted veggies, loads of greens, some sort of grain (quinoa or farro are my faves), and a tasty sauce - I'm partial to a creamy peanut butter sauce.

I also love me some vegan pizza! A good homemade dough, topped with fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil is an absolute delight.

But my ultimate comfort food has to be a hearty chili. It's so versatile - you can throw in whatever veggies or beans you have, experiment with different spices, and even add some beer for an extra kick. It's a great one to batch cook and freeze too, ready for those lazy evenings.
That sounds delicious, especially the chilli! Nothing like a comforting bowl of hearty chilli on a rainy day. The versatility of it is appealing, and making a big batch is a great meal prep idea. Batch cooking is a fantastic way to stay prepared with some nutritious meals for such situations.

I'm liking these ideas - keep those vegan recommendations coming! It's fun to explore these tasty treats.

Delighted to hear you're enjoying these suggestions!

Yes, batch cooking and having a stock of nutritious meals ready is such a time-saver and definitely helps to stay on track with healthy eating, especially during busy weeks.

I'll keep an eye out for more vegan goodness to share - loving the inspiration!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower

Yes, batch cooking and having a stock of nutritious meals ready is such a time-saver and definitely helps to stay on track with healthy eating, especially during busy weeks.

Keep us posted if you come across any amazing recipes. Have a wonderful weekend ahead!

It's nice to share ideas that keep our mealtimes exciting and healthy. Happy to share more; it's fun discovering these new recipes!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu