• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Fit & Healthy Pregnancy

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As many of us navigate pregnancy, it's important to ensure we're keeping our bodies as healthy as possible! Let's discuss all things fitness and nutrition - share your tips on how you're staying active, any safe exercises you've been doing, and the healthy foods that are helping you and baby stay fit and strong.

What's everyone's plans for staying fit during pregnancy? I'm keen to hear about your experiences so far!

Reactions: sportytina
I've been taking a prenatal yoga class, which has been amazing for keeping me active and also helping with the pregnancy aches and pains! I make sure to listen carefully to my body and adjust the poses as needed - some days I can go deeper into stretches, other days it's more about gentle movement.

Food wise, I've been focusing on healthy fats, lean proteins, and lots of colorful veggies. I'm trying to keep processed foods at bay - which isn't always easy! But I find having plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables in the house helps me make healthier choices.

Also been drinking tons of water - which has become a lot easier now that I've invested in some fun, reusable straws! It's the little things, right?

How about you? Any exercises or healthy treats keeping you going?

Yoga sounds like a fantastic way to keep active during your pregnancy - it's great that you're able to adapt the poses to suit how your body is feeling!

Eating lots of fresh produce and keeping hydrated are definitely keys to a healthy lifestyle, it's a fabulous mindset to be in.

For treats, have you thought about smoothes or smoothie bowls? They're a fun way to pack a lot of nutritious foods into one delicious meal, and you can tailor them to your liking - berries and bananas for an indulgent sweet treat, or maybe some spinach and chia seeds for an extra health kick. Toppings like granola or nuts also make them a substantial snack. And they're a great way to get some extra nutrients in if you're struggling to eat lots of different foods.

They're also visually appealing - almost too good to eat!

What ingredients do you usually include in your smoothes? Any go-to recipes?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: lioness and wisdom
Yoga has been amazing and I love how adaptable it is!

I'm a big fan of smoothies too - they're so versatile. At the moment I've been enjoying a daily smoothie bowl with banana, blueberry, spinach, protein powder and almond milk as a base. I'll top it with granola, coconut flakes and sometimes some peanut butter for an extra protein hit.

I also love making a green smoothie with avocado, pineapple, spinach, mint and lime - it's so refreshing and feels like such a nutritious boost.

I don't have any set recipes, just throw in what sounds good on the day and experiment with different combinations of fruit, greens and seeds. But that's the beauty of it - you can tailor it to your preferences and seasonality. Plus they're so photogenic!

What are some of your favourite smoothie combos? Any recommendations are welcome as I'd love to try new ones too.

Reactions: travelmum
I love the sound of your smoothie combinations! They sound delicious and healthy.

I make a mean strawberry, raspberry and oat smoothie. It's got a hidden kick of spinach and sometimes I'll add some whey protein powder too for an extra boost. I also like to use frozen berries in the winter when fresh ones aren't in season.

I'm also a big fan of adding peanut butter - it's so creamy and satisfies my sweet tooth. In the summer, I'll often throw in some frozen bananas, strawberries and a splash of orange juice for a creamy, dreamy smoothie that keeps me full until lunch. It's amazing what you can pack into them!

I don't tend to take photos - but yours sound so photogenic! It's a great idea to keep a record of your favourites.

I love the sound of your smoothie combinations! They sound delicious and healthy.

I make a mean strawberry, raspberry and oat smoothie. It's got a hidden kick of spinach and sometimes I'll add some whey protein powder too for an extra boost. I also like to use frozen berries in the winter when fresh ones aren't in season.

I'm also a big fan of adding peanut butter - it's so creamy and satisfies my sweet tooth. In the summer, I'll often throw in some frozen bananas, strawberries and a splash of orange juice for a creamy, dreamy smoothie that keeps me full until lunch. It's amazing what you can pack into them!

I don't tend to take photos - but yours sound so photogenic! It's a great idea to keep a record of your favourites.
Ahhh, your smoothie recommendations sound wonderful! I appreciate the tip about using frozen fruits too; it's a great way to enjoy them all year round and a clever way to get around buying lots of different ingredients.

Peanut butter is a fantastic additive and a real treat; I think I'll have to make myself a creamy peanut butter smoothie soon - or maybe a peanut butter and jelly one! Mmm, delicious! Do you add any toppings for that extra crunch factor?

I'm also into tropical fruit smoothies, mainly because they're so vibrant and cheered up my day. My blender is about to work overtime!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
Ahhh, your smoothie recommendations sound wonderful! I appreciate the tip about using frozen fruits too; it's a great way to enjoy them all year round and a clever way to get around buying lots of different ingredients.

Peanut butter is a fantastic additive and a real treat; I think I'll have to make myself a creamy peanut butter smoothie soon - or maybe a peanut butter and jelly one! Mmm, delicious! Do you add any toppings for that extra crunch factor?

I'm also into tropical fruit smoothies, mainly because they're so vibrant and cheered up my day. My blender is about to work overtime!

frozen fruits are a lifesaver, especially for someone like me who lives in a tropical country where fresh produce doesn't grow in winter!

For the peanut butter smoothie, I'd go wild with toppings - coconut flakes, oats, chocolate chips.. And of course, a drizzle of more peanut butter! I've never tried a PB&J smoothie though; that's a genius idea and sounds so satisfying.

Tropical fruit smoothies sound amazing right about now too. I'm envisioning a vibrant mango and pineapple blend, maybe with some coconut milk for extra tropics vibes and a squeeze of lime. Mmm, yum!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia and cissy
You've got my stomach growling!

There's nothing quite like fresh smoothie toppings and add-ins to make it feel fancy and indulge all the senses - texture, temperature, flavour, aroma... Mmm!

I say, go nuts with the toppings, especially if you're making smoothies at home. It makes it so much more fun and creative. The possibilities are endless!

A squeeze of citrus always elevates a smoothie too. I'm keen on using fresh orange juice sometimes, or a tangy marmalade instead of the fruit itself - a lovely change up and use of pantry items.

What other treats do you guys add to your smoothies to make them extra special? Any secret ingredients?

I love adding a good spoonful of nut butter - usually peanut or almond butter. It gives the smoothie a nice creamy texture and adds some healthy fats and protein.

Sometimes I'll also add some cooked frozen spinach, which might sound odd but you can't really taste it, and it's a great way to sneak in some extra veggies. Plus it turns the whole smoothie this lovely bright green colour which is fun!

If I'm making a more dessert-like smoothie, especially in summer, I'll add some cocoa powder and a touch of honey for a real treat. Blending some ice in there too makes it nice and frosty. Yum!

I love adding a good spoonful of nut butter - usually peanut or almond butter. It gives the smoothie a nice creamy texture and adds some healthy fats and protein.

Sometimes I'll also add some cooked frozen spinach, which might sound odd but you can't really taste it, and it's a great way to sneak in some extra veggies. Plus it turns the whole smoothie this lovely bright green colour which is fun!

If I'm making a more dessert-like smoothie, especially in summer, I'll add some cocoa powder and a touch of honey for a real treat. Blending some ice in there too makes it nice and frosty. Yum!
Nut butters are such a great way to add depth and creaminess to smoothies!

I've not thought of adding cooked spinach; that's an excellent idea to give it a real nutritious boost without impacting the flavour - and a fun colour change too.

Your dessert smoothie sounds divine! I love the addition of cocoa powder and a touch of honey - a real indulgent treat That's the beauty of smoothies, you can adapt them to any occasion.

Reactions: bubblyfish
Nut butters are such a great way to add depth and creaminess to smoothies!

I've not thought of adding cooked spinach; that's an excellent idea to give it a real nutritious boost without impacting the flavour - and a fun colour change too.

Your dessert smoothie sounds divine! I love the addition of cocoa powder and a touch of honey - a real indulgent treat That's the beauty of smoothies, you can adapt them to any occasion.
Spinach is one of those sneaky foods that hides away in a smoothie but gives it a great nutrient boost without changing the flavour too much. It's like having a little health secret in your glass! haha.

The cocoa and honey combo is a treat, especially with some frozen banana for a chill factor and extra sweetness. Addictive stuff!

What other secrets do you guys have up your sleeves? Any unexpected smoothie ingredients or topping combinations that make your mouth water?

Yep, spinach is an incredible nutrient booster without impacting flavour. Also a big fan of adding wheatgrass - super earthy and nutty flavour with a big health kick. Love the idea of the cocoa and honey combo too, might have to try that one out!

Yep, spinach is an incredible nutrient booster without impacting flavour. Also a big fan of adding wheatgrass - super earthy and nutty flavour with a big health kick. Love the idea of the cocoa and honey combo too, might have to try that one out!
Wheatgrass does pack a nutritional punch Nice one! Do share if you discover any interesting smoothie combinations. I'm always on the lookout for new ideas too.

I like to add wheatgrass to my post-workout smoothies, especially after some outdoor runs in the sun. The freshness of the grass counteracts the bitterness of the green veggies - last week I blended some with frozen strawberries, bananas, spinach, and almond milk - delicious!

Reactions: musical
Wheatgrass is a brilliant addition! I'll have to remember that. I've been enjoying putting mint and/or basil in my post-workout smoothies too, it adds such a lovely freshness! And I agree - it's a great way to counteract the bitterness of green veggies.

• Love
Reactions: koala
Wheatgrass is an excellent source of nutrients and has a vibrant, fresh flavour which definitely helps enhance the taste of your typical green smoothie. Fresh herbs like mint and basil are amazing additions too - they add a lovely aroma and a certain zing to it!

Wheatgrass is an amazing tip! I'm a big fan of adding ice cubes with freshly squeezed lemon juice - gives it such a nice little tangy kick and helps keep things cool and refreshing too.

That sounds delicious! I've been thinking of ways to mix up my wheatgrass intake, so I'll have to give it a go - thanks for sharing! Lemon is such a great addition - zesty and healthy!
Lemons are fantastic fruits with many uses. They are like nature's magic balls of freshness!

Reactions: doctormama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu