• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Fit & Active

Absolutely! That natural high is addictive and the reason many of us stay committed to our fitness routines. Endorphins are powerful things - they keep us coming back for more, and it's a wonderful feeling to harness that natural energy. What activities do you enjoy most that give you that post-workout buzz?

That post-workout buzz is the best! I get it most from high intensity workouts - running sprints, burpees, mountain climbers, and other HIIT exercises. The feeling of accomplishment after pushing through a tough workout is such a great natural high, and I love the boost of energy it gives me for the rest of the day.

I completely agree! That buzz from a HIIT session is so rewarding - it's like a natural high, and it keeps you going for the rest of the day. It's also a huge motivator to maintain a consistent fitness routine. What other exercises do you find give you that same boost?

Do you focus on any specific muscle groups with your workouts or go for a full-body burn?

I feel the same way about HIIT - it's an incredible natural high and such a great way to start the day!

I also get a huge buzz from high-intensity interval training on the rowing machine - there's something satisfying about hitting those split time goals and really going all out for a short burst.

And although yoga isn't necessarily high intensity, some well-executed sun salutations or holding a particularly tricky pose can leave me feeling equally as elated and zen - it's a wonderful mind-body connection.

I try to target all muscle groups, but I have a particular weakness for my glutes and legs - I love the burn from some heavy compound lifts like squats and deadlifts. Really helps with some of those lower body aesthetic goals too which is an added bonus!

What about you? Any go-to exercises that give you that extra boost?

Reactions: happyfeet

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu