• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Active Mums

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Stay Active Mums!

Being a mum doesn't mean you have to give up on fitness - in fact, keeping active is a great way to stay energised and keep up with your little ones (and it's a wonderful example for them, too!). What are your favourite ways to exercise as a mum on the go? Do you have any quick, effective workouts that help you stay fit and healthy? Let's share some ideas and keep each other motivated!

Stay Active Mums!

Being a mum doesn't mean you have to give up on fitness - in fact, keeping active is a great way to stay energised and keep up with your little ones (and it's a wonderful example for them, too!). What are your favourite ways to exercise as a mum on the go? Do you have any quick, effective workouts that help you stay fit and healthy? Let's share some ideas and keep each other motivated!
My son is three years old, full of energy, and always up for some outdoor adventure. Chase games like "sickening" or "vigoro" are our favourite past time when at the park. I'm certainly getting my dose of exercise then, trying to match his endless energy while keeping him safe from harm.

I also learnt a few simple yoga poses that are suitable for beginners which I do at home when my son is napping. It's a great way to stretch and strengthen muscles without needing any equipment or much space.

What other mums do you know who exercise on the go? Any other creative ways to stay fit while keeping up with toddlers?

My son is three years old, full of energy, and always up for some outdoor adventure. Chase games like "sickening" or "vigoro" are our favourite past time when at the park. I'm certainly getting my dose of exercise then, trying to match his endless energy while keeping him safe from harm.

I also learnt a few simple yoga poses that are suitable for beginners which I do at home when my son is napping. It's a great way to stretch and strengthen muscles without needing any equipment or much space.

What other mums do you know who exercise on the go? Any other creative ways to stay fit while keeping up with toddlers?
Yoga is a good one - especially for flexible, low-impact exercise that can be done anywhere and doesn't require any special equipment. I'll also sometimes do short 10-minute abs/butt/thigh workouts from YouTube videos when Ryan takes his afternoon nap. Ooh, or brisk walking around the estate while pushing the stroller - that's a good one too!

Yoga is a good one - especially for flexible, low-impact exercise that can be done anywhere and doesn't require any special equipment. I'll also sometimes do short 10-minute abs/butt/thigh workouts from YouTube videos when Ryan takes his afternoon nap. Ooh, or brisk walking around the estate while pushing the stroller - that's a good one too!
Good to hear that you've found convenient ways to exercise, Bookworm!

Short workout videos are accessible and certainly help us mums stay motivated since they're so quick and effective. I'm sure many mums would benefit from knowing which YouTube channels you follow, or if you stick to tried-and-true exercises you've learnt over time.

For those who enjoy outdoor walks, are there any must-have stroller accessories you recommend to make the experience more enjoyable?

Good to hear that you've found convenient ways to exercise, Bookworm!

Short workout videos are accessible and certainly help us mums stay motivated since they're so quick and effective. I'm sure many mums would benefit from knowing which YouTube channels you follow, or if you stick to tried-and-true exercises you've learnt over time.

For those who enjoy outdoor walks, are there any must-have stroller accessories you recommend to make the experience more enjoyable?
Some strolls can get quite lengthy and exhausting; I'm all for anything that makes them more comfortable! Stroller fans keep things cool, especially on hot days. I also ensure Ryan is snugly seated with a special strap that keeps him secure and prevents him from wandering off. After all, three-year-olds have boundless energy! And of course, a good sunshade goes without saying.

Some strolls can get quite lengthy and exhausting; I'm all for anything that makes them more comfortable! Stroller fans keep things cool, especially on hot days. I also ensure Ryan is snugly seated with a special strap that keeps him secure and prevents him from wandering off. After all, three-year-olds have boundless energy! And of course, a good sunshade goes without saying.
It's great how you think to mention the safety aspect - keeping our little ones safe is priority number one!

It's great how you think to mention the safety aspect - keeping our little ones safe is priority number one!
I also make sure to attach some form of light to the stroller, even during the day. You never know when you might need it, especially if you venture into shopping malls or darker tunnels on your walk. I once had a scary experience nearly getting hit by a cyclist in a dark tunnel - visibility is important!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
I also make sure to attach some form of light to the stroller, even during the day. You never know when you might need it, especially if you venture into shopping malls or darker tunnels on your walk. I once had a scary experience nearly getting hit by a cyclist in a dark tunnel - visibility is important!
That's a very good point, and a relatable one too! We almost forgot the most important aspect - safety!!!

Do share more of your thoughts on keeping toddlers safe while out and about; I'm sure many mums would love to hear about it! 😊

That's a very good point, and a relatable one too! We almost forgot the most important aspect - safety!!!

Do share more of your thoughts on keeping toddlers safe while out and about; I'm sure many mums would love to hear about it! 😊
Safety is a top priority for every parent. As a mum, my reflexes have gone on high alert once my son started walking. Being vigilant and keeping a watchful eye on him is second nature now, especially when we'm out at the park or in crowded places!

Teaching him personal safety skills is also important, such as holding hands when crossing the road or identifying safe adults if he ever gets lost (e.g., wearing uniformed T-shirts). My husband and I also introduced our son to the concept of 'stranger danger' at an early age - it's a difficult topic, but necessary these days! We want him to understand that some situations are risky and it's not always friendly to go with strangers, even if they seem nice.

And of course, having up-to-date contact information on our toddler is crucial. We got him a wearable device that helps us track his location - it's an added assurance, especially in crowded areas or when he wants to explore further away from us.

Safety is a top priority for every parent. As a mum, my reflexes have gone on high alert once my son started walking. Being vigilant and keeping a watchful eye on him is second nature now, especially when we'm out at the park or in crowded places!

Teaching him personal safety skills is also important, such as holding hands when crossing the road or identifying safe adults if he ever gets lost (e.g., wearing uniformed T-shirts). My husband and I also introduced our son to the concept of 'stranger danger' at an early age - it's a difficult topic, but necessary these days! We want him to understand that some situations are risky and it's not always friendly to go with strangers, even if they seem nice.

And of course, having up-to-date contact information on our toddler is crucial. We got him a wearable device that helps us track his location - it's an added assurance, especially in crowded areas or when he wants to explore further away from us.
That's a great idea about the wearable device! I've also heard of people sewing secret tags with their contact details onto their kids' clothing, just in case they wander off unexpectedly. Anything to keep our little ones safe!

Do you have any other creative ways to teach your son about safety?

That's a great idea about the wearable device! I've also heard of people sewing secret tags with their contact details onto their kids' clothing, just in case they wander off unexpectedly. Anything to keep our little ones safe!

Do you have any other creative ways to teach your son about safety?
I try to be creative when teaching him about personal safety so that it feels more like a game to him. For instance, practicing how to cross the road has turned into a fun game of 'Red Light, Green Light'. He has to stop when he sees me pretend to press the imaginary button, and then I'll ask him if the make-believe man on the street sign gives him permission to walk. Little games like these help him understand the dangers without scaring him!

I try to be creative when teaching him about personal safety so that it feels more like a game to him. For instance, practicing how to cross the road has turned into a fun game of 'Red Light, Green Light'. He has to stop when he sees me pretend to press the imaginary button, and then I'll ask him if the make-believe man on the street sign gives him permission to walk. Little games like these help him understand the dangers without scaring him!
As for strangers, we role-play scenarios with his favourite toys and dolls. I'll act out different 'strangers' offering treats or lollipops, and teach him how to politely decline and walk away. It's adorable seeing him practice these safety drills with his toys, and it helps him internalize the messages.

As for strangers, we role-play scenarios with his favourite toys and dolls. I'll act out different 'strangers' offering treats or lollipops, and teach him how to politely decline and walk away. It's adorable seeing him practice these safety drills with his toys, and it helps him internalize the messages.
Creative ways like yours make learning fun for our little ones! Safety lessons can be scary for them, so making it more light-hearted eases their fears and embeds the message better. Do continue to share your creative methods-- I'm sure many mums would love the inspiration! 😊

Creative ways like yours make learning fun for our little ones! Safety lessons can be scary for them, so making it more light-hearted eases their fears and embeds the message better. Do continue to share your creative methods-- I'm sure many mums would love the inspiration! 😊
The pleasure's all mine! Providing these fun tips gives me joy as a mom myself, knowing we're doing our best for our little ones. You can also prepare your toddlers for those tricky situations by role-playing at home. It's an enjoyable bonding session and helps them understand the serious side of things without the scare factor!

So many aspects to keep in mind when our little ones start getting mobile! Stay safe, mums!

The pleasure's all mine! Providing these fun tips gives me joy as a mom myself, knowing we're doing our best for our little ones. You can also prepare your toddlers for those tricky situations by role-playing at home. It's an enjoyable bonding session and helps them understand the serious side of things without the scare factor!

So many aspects to keep in mind when our little ones start getting mobile! Stay safe, mums!
The joy of sharing these safety tips brings me so much pleasure as it forms part of my parenting journey. preparation is key in keeping our toddlers safe-- it empowers them and makes us mums feel more assured! We're essentially equipping them for the real world, aren't we? Have a fantastic weekend, mamas!

The joy of sharing these safety tips brings me so much pleasure as it forms part of my parenting journey. preparation is key in keeping our toddlers safe-- it empowers them and makes us mums feel more assured! We're essentially equipping them for the real world, aren't we? Have a fantastic weekend, mamas!
You too! Enjoy your weekend with your little ones and stay safe!

You too! Hope you have a great one as well, making precious memories with your family.
Enjoy the family time and all the fun adventures that come with it! Have a splendid weekend, everybody! 😊😉

Enjoy the family time and all the fun adventures that come with it! Have a splendid weekend, everybody! 😊😉
Same to you! Hope you and your family are enjoying your time together, making beautiful memories! Catch ya later, mate!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
Same to you! Hope you and your family are enjoying your time together, making beautiful memories! Catch ya later, mate!
Hope you're having a fantastic time yourself! Have a great weekend, stay safe and enjoy the sunshine wherever you are!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu