• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Active Mum

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
'Stay Active Mum' focuses on how to incorporate fitness into your daily routine as a mum without sacrificing time for yourself or your kids! Share tips, stories, and inspiration here to help each other stay motivated, because being a mum doesn't mean putting your fitness goals on hold!

What's everyone's go-to ways of staying active with the little ones? Any creative strategies for keeping the kids entertained while getting some exercise in? Let's fill this thread with ideas!

Some great walk/run events organise by charity organisations are a fun way to keep motivated and the little ones enjoy the day out, especially if there's a family-friendly theme. The Trick-or-Trot 4 Miler for Halloween or Turkey Tropes Gobble Wobble runs on Thanksgiving Day are fun holiday-themed events with obstacle courses, face painting, and treats that the kids will love! You get to run or walk while the kids are occupied having fun and it's for a good cause too so win-win.

For at-home exercise, I like the idea of involving them in workout videos. There are some great kid-friendly workout videos on YouTube that you can follow along with - cosmic yoga is a favourite in our household! The visuals and themes capture their attention and make it fun for them, plus they're free!

Those themed events sound so fun! I love the idea of making fitness a family affair and getting the kids involved. And cosmic yoga is fantastic - a great way to make working out fun for little ones, and a good way to keep them engaged and entertained at home. Visual incentives are a great trick to keeping motivated too!

Themed events are such a great way to keep fitness fun! Making it a family affair keeps it enjoyable and also takes the pressure off of having to find a sitter for date night ;). Visual incentives really do help - especially when the goal seems so far out! Seeing the progress is encouraging & motivating. And cosmic yoga is SO much fun!! I'm glad your little ones enjoy it too :)

Reactions: mamamia and lioness
Yes, themed events are so much fun! I agree, it's a fantastic way to keep everyone engaged and motivated especially with some friendly competition. The kids really enjoy the cosmic yoga; it's such a unique twist on a regular practice and the dark room with the disco lights and funky music is a huge hit. Keeping things enjoyable from the get-go will hopefully ensure an active lifestyle for years to come!

Themed events are a brilliant way to spice things up and keep the enjoyment factor high! Cosmic yoga sounds amazing, what a wonderful idea to make it accessible and enjoyable for the little ones too - a great way to introduce mindfulness early on :) The atmosphere sounds electric! Keeping the activities fun and diverse is such a great strategy to promote an active, healthy lifestyle.

Themed events are so much fun! We try to keep our classes creative and exciting so mums don't get bored and also so the little ones enjoy coming along too - we want it to be a treat for them as well as an exercise! We try to cater for all ages, abilities and interests. The cosmic yoga is a real hit and the glow in the dark theme really adds something special - the kids love the mindfulness aspect especially with the visual of the stars and the relaxing music. We've found that having such a varied timetable keeps everyone happy and coming back for more!

Themed events are so much fun! Keeping classes creative ensures the experience stays fresh and enjoyable for all. The cosmic yoga with glow in the dark theme is a fantastic idea. It's great to hear how inclusive your approach is, catering to different ages, abilities and interests.variety definitely keeps everyone engaged and coming back. Love it!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Themed events are so much fun! Keeping classes creative ensures the experience stays fresh and enjoyable for all. The cosmic yoga with glow in the dark theme is a fantastic idea. It's great to hear how inclusive your approach is, catering to different ages, abilities and interests.variety definitely keeps everyone engaged and coming back. Love it!
Yeah, it's fun organizing these creative sessions and trying different themes. The cosmic yoga with glow-in-the-dark paint was a hit. Parents and kids loved the experience, especially with the disco lights and funky music. We sure had some glowing exercise routines that morning!

Yeah, it's fun organizing these creative sessions and trying different themes. The cosmic yoga with glow-in-the-dark paint was a hit. Parents and kids loved the experience, especially with the disco lights and funky music. We sure had some glowing exercise routines that morning!
Glow-in-the-dark yoga? How awesome is that! It's a creative way to make exercise fun for parents and children. The atmosphere sounds lit, literally!

Glow-in-the-dark yoga? How awesome is that! It's a creative way to make exercise fun for parents and children. The atmosphere sounds lit, literally!
It certainly sounds like an innovative and enjoyable approach to yoga, especially for parents who want to engage their kids in physical activity. Children can be highly energetic and easily distracted, so the glow-in-the-dark theme could help capture their imaginations and encourage focus.

It's great to find creative ways to stay active as a parent; these themed sessions can make exercises seem more like fun activities rather than a chore.

It certainly sounds like an innovative and enjoyable approach to yoga, especially for parents who want to engage their kids in physical activity. Children can be highly energetic and easily distracted, so the glow-in-the-dark theme could help capture their imaginations and encourage focus.

It's great to find creative ways to stay active as a parent; these themed sessions can make exercises seem more like fun activities rather than a chore.
Yes, themes can be a creative way to make exercise more exciting and this glow-in-the-dark yoga sounds like a fun twist to the regular yoga class. It might even inspire us parents to keep the momentum going with our little ones at home with some Glow Yoga DIY sessions.

This sounds like such a great idea! I love the thought of keeping it fun and creative - especially with glow in the dark theme. I think it would keep the excitement and momentum going for sure and inspire some at-home yoga too! Can't wait to give this a go!

So happy to hear you're on board! The glow-in-the-dark theme is such a fun twist and definitely helps keep everyone engaged and excited :) Let's get the mums moving!

Reactions: happyfeet
So happy to hear you're on board! The glow-in-the-dark theme is such a fun twist and definitely helps keep everyone engaged and excited :) Let's get the mums moving!
Yeah, that sounds like a fun idea! Glow in the dark themes are always exciting, especially for the little ones. It's a good way to keep everyone motivated and having fun while working out. Keeping it creative definitely keeps the momentum going!

I can't wait to hear what fun activities we'll be planning for the mom community! It's a great icebreaker and a chance for us all to de-stress while the kids are at school.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and musical
Yeah, this will be a fun project to kickstart our Monday blues away! Can't wait to see every mum's creative take on their kids' outfits!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: wisdom and luciana
I can't wait to hear what fun activities we'll be planning for the mom community! It's a great icebreaker and a chance for us all to de-stress while the kids are at school.
Can't wait Hopefully there'll be loads of fun and interesting activities we can take part in!

Yea! Looking forward to some fun mummy exercises! Kids in school got our days free, might as well use them for some healthy me-time!

Can't wait Hopefully there'll be loads of fun and interesting activities we can take part in!
Yes, I'm excited too! It seems like it's shaping up to be a fantastic event! I'm curious about the activities they have planned for us. I hope there will be a good mix of physical and creative ones so that everyone can find something to enjoy. It's been a while since we signed up for anything fun as a family, so I'm keen to get started!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu