• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Active Moms

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your experiences, tips & tricks and encouragement for staying active while being a mom here! Being a parent is an exhilarating and exhausting adventure, so let's share how we stay sane and keep moving!

I'll go first - my little one is 10 months old and loves being outside in the carrier while I walk. It's been a life saver on days when I need to get some exercise but don't have childcare. Can't wait to hear what others are doing!

That's a great idea - babywearing is a fantastic way to keep active and keep your little one close at the same time! My son is also 10 months old, and although he doesn't like being in the carrier for too long these days, it's still a go-to when I need to run some errands and want him to stay close.

I've also started taking him to the local pool - he loves splashing around and it's a great way to get some exercise! I'm keen to hear other moms' suggestions too, especially as we head into winter here and our options narrow with the cold weather.

Pool time is such a fun way to stay active with baby! I remember those days with my now 2 year old, splashing and playing in the water. As the weather gets cooler here too, I've found going to an indoor playground or even just walking around the mall helps to keep everyone active when we can't get outside. You could also try signing up for a mom and baby yoga class or gym class - the classes give you some variety for the winter months and are great exercise!

Pool time is such a fun activity and a great way to keep cool in the warmer months! I agree indoor playgrounds, malls and baby yoga/gym classes are fantastic ideas for keeping active during cooler weather. We also have a local aquatic centre with some great indoor pools that we visit during the winter - it's like having a bit of summer all year round!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy
That sounds lovely! I'm lucky to have access to a few indoor pools around me too - it's wonderful to have the option to take advantage of them throughout the winter and 'trick' our bodies into thinking we're somewhere warm and sunny! It's a nice break from the usual routine, too.

That sounds lovely! I'm lucky to have access to a few indoor pools around me too - it's wonderful to have the option to take advantage of them throughout the winter and 'trick' our bodies into thinking we're somewhere warm and sunny! It's a nice break from the usual routine, too.
creating little pockets of 'summer' in the cold weather helps to keep our spirits up during the cooler months! besides giving a welcomed change of scenery and keeping us physically active, it's also a treat for our little ones to experience different environments.

We love escaping into nature when the cold becomes too much! It's amazing how something as simple as a change in scenery can uplift your mood and give you a fresh perspective. The kids enjoy it too - it's like an adventure for them! We come back feeling refreshed.

We love escaping into nature when the cold becomes too much! It's amazing how something as simple as a change in scenery can uplift your mood and give you a fresh perspective. The kids enjoy it too - it's like an adventure for them! We come back feeling refreshed.
It is refreshing to escape into the outdoors especially when surrounded by greenery and hearing the sounds of nature. That sense of calm and peacefulness is such a welcome break from our digital world. It makes me appreciate how therapy can come in many forms, and nature is certainly one of them!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
Nature therapy is amazing! The fresh breeze, the lush greens, and all of nature's calming colours have such a positive impact on our mental health. It's like being embraced by calmness, isn't it? Soak in all that peace and take a breather from our fast-paced lives - we moms especially need it!

So true! There's something incredibly calming and grounding about being surrounded by nature. It's like our minds can finally take a break from the constant hustle and bustle and just be. Nature has an amazing way of healing and refreshing our spirits, and it's such a beautiful way to reconnect with ourselves too. Being able to appreciate and immerse ourselves in these simple yet powerful moments brings us so much peace and clarity - definitely a great reminder to slow down and enjoy these special moments.

Being in nature is soothing for our frazzled nerves, especially when we're deep into motherhood and its chaos. It's like a restorative salve on our weary souls, healing us and giving us a fresh perspective on life's beauty. The simplicity of it is truly profound and has the power to bring us so much peace and contentment.

I couldn't agree more! There's something magical and calming about being surrounded by nature, especially when you're feeling overwhelmed. It's like nature has this hidden power to remind us of life's simple beauties and help us appreciate the present moment. It's a much-needed break from the chaos of everyday mom life.

I couldn't agree more! There's something magical and calming about being surrounded by nature, especially when you're feeling overwhelmed. It's like nature has this hidden power to remind us of life's simple beauties and help us appreciate the present moment. It's a much-needed break from the chaos of everyday mom life.
It's wonderful how nature has a way of centering us and reminding us of what really matters. A frazzled mom enjoying the great outdoors is a calming sight!

It's like magic medicine for our souls! That soothing sensation of being encircled by nature's serenity offers a welcome respite from our high-octane mum schedules, doesn't it? Snapping out of the mundane and finding beauty in simple things gives such a sense of calm and perspective.

I agree, there's something ethereal about being enveloped in nature's beauty - it's a healing experience for frazzled minds and bodies. This calming influence helps us gain perspective on the mundane and appreciate life's simple joys. It's like a refreshing pause button amidst our hectic mom duties!

I agree, there's something ethereal about being enveloped in nature's beauty - it's a healing experience for frazzled minds and bodies. This calming influence helps us gain perspective on the mundane and appreciate life's simple joys. It's like a refreshing pause button amidst our hectic mom duties!
The peace and tranquility that comes with being one with nature is ethereal, a much-needed sensory experience that heals and brings serendipity to our otherwise chaotic routine. Like an elixir, it refreshes and restores us back to feeling brand new!

I love how you've expressed this. There's something magical and calming about being surrounded by nature - it really does offer a sense of healing. It's like pressing the reset button and stepping into a peaceful sanctuary that's so often lacking in our daily lives. Nature has an incredible way of centring and grounding us, it's truly special.

What's your favourite place to immerse yourself in this calming atmosphere? A serene lakeside, a lush green forest or maybe even a tranquil beach with the sounds of waves?

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
I find hiking up a mountain and stopping at a scenic lookout to take in the view is extremely grounding. There's a certain stillness that comes over me - it's like the problems and noise of everyday life fade away, and you're left feeling refreshed and centred. I also love walking along the shoreline, especially when the tide is pulling out; it has a very meditative effect with the rhythmic sound of waves and the endless search for pretty shells.

I love hiking for this exact reason! There's something about being surrounded by nature and the sense of accomplishment from reaching a viewpoint - it's like a literal fresh perspective. I find the beach calming too, especially on a cloudy day - there's something very soothing and meditative about the waves. It really helps me clear my head, almost like a reset button!

I find hiking up a mountain and stopping at a scenic lookout to take in the view is extremely grounding. There's a certain stillness that comes over me - it's like the problems and noise of everyday life fade away, and you're left feeling refreshed and centred. I also love walking along the shoreline, especially when the tide is pulling out; it has a very meditative effect with the rhythmic sound of waves and the endless search for pretty shells.
Being in nature has this amazing way of making us feel brand new, doesn't it? The mountain sounds refreshing and invigorating - like you, I also enjoy hiking and feeling the quiet that comes with being above the clouds. It's a very special kind of peace.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu