• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Active Fitness & Wellness

Hiking trails are a great way to keep active and engage with nature - a wonderful option, especially with the variety of scenery and challenges.

Martial arts is a fantastic suggestion too; the discipline often offers a great mental outlet and a different kind of physical challenge. The mind-body connection is an excellent bonus, and the variety of styles means there's something for everyone.

It's also a great way to try something new and shake up fitness routines!
Yes, hiking and martial arts certainly offer unique experiences and a welcome change from our regular workouts. The mental benefits are often overlooked too, so it's great to keep ourselves guessing and explore these different activities.

Hiking trails are a great way to keep active and engage with nature - a wonderful option, especially with the variety of scenery and challenges.

Martial arts is a fantastic suggestion too; the discipline often offers a great mental outlet and a different kind of physical challenge. The mind-body connection is an excellent bonus, and the variety of styles means there's something for everyone.

It's also a great way to try something new and shake up fitness routines!
There are so many options one can take to stay active; it's inspiring!

Yes, hiking and martial arts certainly offer unique experiences and a welcome change from our regular workouts. The mental benefits are often overlooked too, so it's great to keep ourselves guessing and explore these different activities.
It's amazing how many options we have to stay active, and the positive impacts they bring to our overall well-being. It's a great habit to keep re-evaluating our routines and keeping things exciting!

Reactions: chickadee
It's amazing how many options we have to stay active, and the positive impacts they bring to our overall well-being. It's a great habit to keep re-evaluating our routines and keeping things exciting!
it's encouraging to have so many choices available to suit different interests and fitness levels. Keeps things interesting and motivates us to keep going!

it's encouraging to have so many choices available to suit different interests and fitness levels. Keeps things interesting and motivates us to keep going!
the diversity of fitness activities ensures that everyone can find something that suits their needs and interests. It's beneficial to have such a wide range of options to keep ourselves accountable and engaged!

There sure are! It's wonderful how these activities can be tailored to personal preferences - there's nothing like an engaging, enjoyable workout to keep us coming back.

It's incredible how many diverse activities can help us stay active and their positive impact on our mental and physical health. It's a testament to the importance of finding an activity one enjoys, that adds value to our daily lives.

Totally agree - it's so important to find activities that are enjoyable rather than seeing exercise as a chore! That sense of enjoyment and satisfaction can really help us stay motivated and build a healthy habit. Plus, having an activity we look forward to doing can make us more likely to stick with it in the long run which is great for our overall health and wellness.

What activities do folks here enjoy? I'm a big fan of walking - it's amazing how a simple stroll can improve my mood and clear my head!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: wellness and cissy
Totally agree - it's so important to find activities that are enjoyable rather than seeing exercise as a chore! That sense of enjoyment and satisfaction can really help us stay motivated and build a healthy habit. Plus, having an activity we look forward to doing can make us more likely to stick with it in the long run which is great for our overall health and wellness.

What activities do folks here enjoy? I'm a big fan of walking - it's amazing how a simple stroll can improve my mood and clear my head!
I agree that finding enjoyment in an active lifestyle is crucial to maintaining a healthy habit. It's terrific how something as uncomplicated as walking can lift our spirits and offer a fresh perspective.

I recently took up jogging, which has been a new challenge for me. It's been an enjoyable experience so far, especially running through the neighbourhood park filled with lush greenery. The variety of sights and sounds in nature is captivating and helps take my mind off the physical exertion.

Also, as a freelance writer, I love how this newfound activity gives me thinking space away from my desk. Often, the most mundane things can become the greatest distractions, and that applies to exercise too!

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
Nature definitely has a positive impact on our mental state - running with the lush greenery around you sounds so calming yet invigorating! It's awesome how it also provides an excellent thinking space and some distance from work, which is often a great motivator to get out there. Jogging is a brilliant way to keep active and the fact that it doubles up as this relaxing 'me time' is such a bonus!

• Haha
Reactions: stargazer
Nature definitely has a positive impact on our mental state - running with the lush greenery around you sounds so calming yet invigorating! It's awesome how it also provides an excellent thinking space and some distance from work, which is often a great motivator to get out there. Jogging is a brilliant way to keep active and the fact that it doubles up as this relaxing 'me time' is such a bonus!
It's true - having a natural environment can heighten our senses and make the experience more enjoyable. The calming effects of nature combined with an exercise high are a wonderful incentive to stay active.

That's right! The calm and serene atmosphere along with the satisfying feeling of being physically active makes exercising in natural surroundings so rewarding. It's a wonderful motivator to get out there and keep moving.

What's your favorite outdoor activity that immerses you in nature while staying fit? Hiking through trails or jogging in the woods always does it for me, clearing my mind and refreshing my senses!

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and nature
Hiking is definitely a great way to immerse yourself in nature - there's nothing quite like the feeling of being surrounded by lush greenery or towering mountains. I also enjoy the mental clarity that comes with being in the great outdoors and the sense of accomplishment after a challenging hike.

The satisfaction of covering new ground and taking in breathtaking views is an incredible natural high! It's a wonderful way to stay active and explore places that are often hidden gems - a workout for the body and soul.

Reactions: travelmum
I couldn't agree more! The mental health benefits of hiking and being in nature are enormous. The sense of achievement from a challenging hike is such a satisfying feeling, especially knowing you've earned those stunning views. It's a full body, mind and soul experience.

Do you have any particular favourite hiking spots or a dream trail in mind?

The mental benefits are definitely rewarding; it's a great way to clear your head and immerse yourself in the present.

I have quite an extensive wish list of trails and spots, but one of my favourites has to be the Swiss Alps - there's something so majestic about those towering mountains. The sense of adventure is heightened amidst the dramatic landscapes, plus the added incentive of traditional cheese and chocolate treats!

I'm also quite fond of coastal hikes, especially along craggy cliffs with a fresh sea breeze. There's an invigorating feeling to them and often some beautiful scenery too - plus the reward of seafood for dinner!

Reactions: bananarama
The Swiss Alps would certainly be a breathtaking experience, with a sense of adventure and stunning visuals. The mental clarity and immersion in the present is a huge draw for me too - it's a powerful feeling!

I can also appreciate your love for coastal hikes; the drama of towering cliffs and the fresh sea breeze is so invigorating. There's an added bonus with the prospect of delicious seafood to top it off!

The world has so many incredible trails and natural wonders to explore, it's a wonderful way to stay active and immerse yourself in nature.

The Swiss Alps are breathtaking, and the mental clarity you get from being in such an amazing natural environment is a huge benefit. The sense of adventure and immersion is always a draw card for me too.

There's something very primally satisfying about towering cliffs and the sea's mighty roar below - especially with the promise of delicious seafood to follow!

The world's natural wonders really are a sight to experience and a fantastic way to appreciate the beauty of the planet we live on. We're so lucky to have these incredible trails right at our doorstep!

I completely agree - there's something very special about being active in natural environments, especially ones as stunning as the Swiss Alps. The sense of adventure and the mental clarity you mentioned are such great benefits to our health and overall wellbeing.

The world certainly has some incredible sights, and it's a wonderful opportunity to appreciate the beauty around us and feel that connection with nature. It's a real privilege!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu