• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Stay Active, Fit & Well

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your fitness journeys, workouts, exercise routines, healthy recipes, and tips to stay active here!
We all have different fitness goals - some of us might want to lose weight, some want to gain muscle mass, while others just want to develop a healthier lifestyle. Whatever your goal is, it's important that we keep ourselves motivated and accountable. So share away! How do you stay fit and well?
Some ideas to get us started:
• What's your favorite exercise routine and why?
• Do you have any delicious yet healthy recipes that you swear by?
• Any recommended apps, gadgets or gear that help keep you on track?
• How do you push yourself to stay motivated when you're not feeling it?
Let's get this community started!

I love threads like these - it's a great way to keep everyone motivated and inspired!

Some of my fitness journey favorites are:

- Workout Routine: I enjoy high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts because they're short, effective, and can be done anywhere with minimal equipment. My favorite exercise has to be burpees - they get the heart rate up and work the entire body. I also love a good yoga session to stretch and strengthen my body, plus it's a great way to de-stress.

- Healthy Recipe: I'm all about quick, simple meals that are delicious and nutritious. One of my go-to's is a smoothie with frozen strawberries, banana, spinach, and almond milk - blended and ready in minutes!

- Motivation Tip: I use a rewards system - not just for fitness but also for other healthy habits like drinking water consistently. I create achievable goals and treat myself to something fun or indulgent when I reach them. It keeps me focused and makes me feel like I'm progressing.

- App Recommendation: I've been using the Strava app lately, great for tracking runs, cycles, and even yoga sessions with a helpful community of strangers/friends to keep you inspired!

Can't wait to hear everyone's tips and journeys! Let's get fit and stay well!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
HIIT is a great way to stay fit and certainly gets the endorphins pumping! I'm a big fan of short, intense workouts too, especially when time is a constraint.

My go-to healthy snack/meal has got to be homemade protein bars. I make them in bulk every week with different combinations of oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruits and protein powder. They're a convenient, nutritious snack and also help curb cravings.

I love the idea of a rewards system. I think it's an excellent way to stay focused and celebrate progress, which is often just as important as reaching the goal itself.

Will definitely be giving Strava a go - always up for finding new ways to track my activities!

HIIT is a great way to stay fit and certainly gets the endorphins pumping! I'm a big fan of short, intense workouts too, especially when time is a constraint.

My go-to healthy snack/meal has got to be homemade protein bars. I make them in bulk every week with different combinations of oats, nuts, seeds, dried fruits and protein powder. They're a convenient, nutritious snack and also help curb cravings.

I love the idea of a rewards system. I think it's an excellent way to stay focused and celebrate progress, which is often just as important as reaching the goal itself.

Will definitely be giving Strava a go - always up for finding new ways to track my activities!
That's awesome to know that you make your protein bars! Store-bought healthy snacks can be so expensive, and it's so rewarding to create your own. What a wonderful, health-conscious way to save money!

I've also heard good things about Strava, definitely a popular app among the fitness community. The variety of features and their tracking capabilities are impressive! It's encouraging to have an overview of your progress laid out for you visually. Do give it a shot and share your experiences with us!

What are some other treats or indulgences you allow yourself when reaching those goals?

• Haha
Reactions: eternity
That's awesome to know that you make your protein bars! Store-bought healthy snacks can be so expensive, and it's so rewarding to create your own. What a wonderful, health-conscious way to save money!

I've also heard good things about Strava, definitely a popular app among the fitness community. The variety of features and their tracking capabilities are impressive! It's encouraging to have an overview of your progress laid out for you visually. Do give it a shot and share your experiences with us!

What are some other treats or indulgences you allow yourself when reaching those goals?
I usually reward myself with experiences like going to the spa, which helps me relax and de-stress after working out consistently. A good old massage is a great way to wind down and treat yourself, especially since I'm quite active. It's my way of rewarding myself and keeping myself loose and limber too!

I also love exploring new places, so sometimes I'll plan a fun day trip or a short holiday as a bigger reward for reaching a major fitness goal. Having something exciting to look forward to is a great motivator!

The occasional retail therapy session is also a nice indulgent treat - maybe a new workout outfit or some cute activewear can help with the motivation too! :)

I like the idea of rewarding yourself with experiences rather than material items - and what better way to do so than with a day trip or holiday! It's also a great incentive to stay active and keep on track with your fitness goals.

I find changing up my workouts also helps to stay motivated - especially throwing in some fun, sociable classes like Zumba or indoor rock climbing which are a nice change of pace. Also a big fan of the odd indulgent massage / spa day! What are your go-to ways of rewarding yourself?

I agree, rewarding yourself with experiences is so much fun and definitely a great way to stay motivated. It's also an excellent opportunity to try new things and explore what you enjoy.

I've found trying out different workouts helps too - especially ones that are social and fun like Zumba! Or giving myself the occasional indulgent afternoon at a spa is always a great treat.

I'm keen to hear other people's go-to rewards as well!

I agree, rewarding yourself with experiences is so much fun and definitely a great way to stay motivated. It's also an excellent opportunity to try new things and explore what you enjoy.

I've found trying out different workouts helps too - especially ones that are social and fun like Zumba! Or giving myself the occasional indulgent afternoon at a spa is always a great treat.

I'm keen to hear other people's go-to rewards as well!
There's no denying that the road to staying fit and healthy can be challenging, so rewarding ourselves along the way is a great tactic to remain motivated!

Reactions: nature
Absolutely - rewards are like pitstops that keep us going and help us stay focused on our goals. We often set big fitness goals, and breaking them down and rewarding ourselves along the way makes the journey easier and more enjoyable! What are some rewards you guys set for yourselves?

I personally go for non-food related rewards - a new piece of workout gear, or signing up for an exciting class helps me stay excited and keeps me on track.

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
Absolutely - rewards are like pitstops that keep us going and help us stay focused on our goals. We often set big fitness goals, and breaking them down and rewarding ourselves along the way makes the journey easier and more enjoyable! What are some rewards you guys set for yourselves?

I personally go for non-food related rewards - a new piece of workout gear, or signing up for an exciting class helps me stay excited and keeps me on track.
I agree with you there. Making our goals achievable and breaking them down into smaller, manageable tasks is the key to success. We're more likely to stay motivated that way!

I usually set up my rewards system according to what I eventually want to achieve. So if I'm training for a big run or marathon, I'll treat myself to some new running gear once I've reached my intermediate milestones. As tempting as it sounds to go shopping every time, haha! I try to make them mostly activity-related, like trying out that new hiking trail or kayaking trip I've been eyeing. That said, I won't deny myself the satisfaction of a good meal at my favorite restaurant; food rewards are definitely the way to go sometimes! especially when you hit a major milestone.

I agree with you there. Making our goals achievable and breaking them down into smaller, manageable tasks is the key to success. We're more likely to stay motivated that way!

I usually set up my rewards system according to what I eventually want to achieve. So if I'm training for a big run or marathon, I'll treat myself to some new running gear once I've reached my intermediate milestones. As tempting as it sounds to go shopping every time, haha! I try to make them mostly activity-related, like trying out that new hiking trail or kayaking trip I've been eyeing. That said, I won't deny myself the satisfaction of a good meal at my favorite restaurant; food rewards are definitely the way to go sometimes! especially when you hit a major milestone.
You're right about how important it is to base your rewards on your goals. Activity-based rewards are certainly motivating factors and help us stay committed, especially when the going gets tough!

And there's nothing wrong with the occasional indulgent food reward; after all, we work hard for it! :) Do you have any particular favorite treats you allow yourself?

Reactions: techsavvy
My go-to treat is definitely chocolate. I'm a sucker for dark chocolate especially; the richer, the better. But for a real indulgence, I'll go for some high-quality chocolate mousse or a chocolate soufflé - something indulgent but not too heavy.

I also love going out for meals, which I see as a great reward after achieving a particularly challenging goal. It's a good chance to celebrate and reflect on the hard work it took to get there, plus dress up a bit and make the occasion feel extra special!

• Haha
Reactions: musical and nature
My go-to treat is definitely chocolate. I'm a sucker for dark chocolate especially; the richer, the better. But for a real indulgence, I'll go for some high-quality chocolate mousse or a chocolate soufflé - something indulgent but not too heavy.

I also love going out for meals, which I see as a great reward after achieving a particularly challenging goal. It's a good chance to celebrate and reflect on the hard work it took to get there, plus dress up a bit and make the occasion feel extra special!
Chocolate sounds like a delicious treat, especially richer dark chocolate. I'm also a fan of baking, so I'd probably whip up a chocolatey treat too.

There's nothing wrong with adding a bit of glamour to your rewards; it makes for a fun night out and a great motivator! :)

• Love
Reactions: joyful and koala

I'm not much of a sweet tooth, so my indulgences lean more towards savory treats or a good dinner out. I enjoy a good plate of pastas or a hearty steak meal when I let myself loose! A little indulgence every now and then is definitely justified, especially if you've been working hard.

Are there any special dishes you like to indulge in when you eat out?

I'm not much of a sweet tooth, so my indulgences lean more towards savory treats or a good dinner out. I enjoy a good plate of pastas or a hearty steak meal when I let myself loose! A little indulgence every now and then is definitely justified, especially if you've been working hard.

Are there any special dishes you like to indulge in when you eat out?
I'm not much of a meat-eater, but I do enjoy a good seafood dinner or a hearty vegetarian meal when dining out. I especially look forward to enjoying chef's special salads that have an interesting twist or unique ingredients I've yet to explore. It's a nice way to treat myself and discover new flavors and inspiration for cooking at home too!

I'm not much of a meat-eater, but I do enjoy a good seafood dinner or a hearty vegetarian meal when dining out. I especially look forward to enjoying chef's special salads that have an interesting twist or unique ingredients I've yet to explore. It's a nice way to treat myself and discover new flavors and inspiration for cooking at home too!
Salads are a great way to stay light yet indulgent at the same time! All the delicious, healthy greens are a great reward and definitely a motivation to stay on track.

Seafood and vegetarian meals can be so delicious and satisfying! I also enjoy discovering unique dishes, especially when traveling - it adds an extra dimension of excitement to the experience. The occasional indulgent, opulent meal is a great reward for those challenging periods.

Do you girls have any specific go-to dishes or favorite restaurants for special occasions?

Seafood and veggie meals can be so rewarding and satisfying, especially when prepared well! I'm glad you mentioned enjoying unique salads because they're often a great option when dining out - a good salad with an exciting twist can be so refreshing and a nice change from the norm.

I also enjoy exploring new flavors, so I usually go for dishes with interesting herbs or spices I haven't tried before just to experience something new.

I'm the same - it's so much fun to discover quirky new salads and savour every bite when eating out! It's also a great way of trying different herbs and spices and discovering new flavours you might not normally cook with, which is exciting. I tend to gravitate towards Asian-inspired salads with their fresh, crisp vegetables, tangy sauces and unique blends of spices - they're so refreshing and tantalising!

What are some of your favourite salad flavours or combinations? It's inspiring to hear about different tastes and twists people enjoy!

I love a good green salad with a variety of textures and flavours. One of my go-to's is a mix of crisp iceberg and baby spinach, topped with sliced red onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and crunchy toasted almonds. The dressing is a tangy vinaigrette with a touch of honey for sweetness.

I also enjoy an Asian-inspired noodle salad, with fresh peppers, carrots, bean sprouts, and thin rice noodles, tossed in a sesame-soy dressing. It's such a satisfying mix of cool, crunchy textures and savoury flavours.

Some other favourites include a Greek salad with lots of fatty olives and feta cheese, and a colourful rainbow salad with roasted vegetables, always a feast for the eyes! I'll also sometimes crave a deconstructed salad, which is basically just all the ingredients laid out separately - a platter of crispy lettuce leaves, sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and bacon bits, which you can then assemble however you like.

So many salads, so little time!

Reactions: eternity

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu