• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Starting Toddlers Right

That's true; it does feel like a welcome break from the usual sunshine and heat! Hope everyone's having a relaxing weekend so far. Are you enjoying any fun activities with the family? I'm thinking of some indoor ideas for the afternoon - any suggestions? It's been a while since we had such a cozy cool Saturday!
I've got some board games planned later on - a nice, indoor activity to keep the kids entertained! We also just bought some new arts and crafts supplies, so might do some painting and coloring too. Keeping it low-key and enjoying this comfy weather as long as we can!

I've got some board games planned later on - a nice, indoor activity to keep the kids entertained! We also just bought some new arts and crafts supplies, so might do some painting and coloring too. Keeping it low-key and enjoying this comfy weather as long as we can!
Board games and arts sound like wonderful family fun indoors! Have a fun-filled afternoon.

Thanks! Hope you're having a enjoyable Saturday too!
Hope the board games and crafts went well! It's always great to find fun ways to entertain the little ones without breaking a sweat in this cooling comfort.

Hope the board games and crafts went well! It's always great to find fun ways to entertain the little ones without breaking a sweat in this cooling comfort.
We had a great time with lots of laughs playing Charades! Hope you enjoyed the cooler weather as much as we did.

We had a great time with lots of laughs playing Charades! Hope you enjoyed the cooler weather as much as we did.
It seems like most of us really enjoyed the cool breeze this Saturday! It's evenings like these that make the humidity bearable.

It seems like most of us really enjoyed the cool breeze this Saturday! It's evenings like these that make the humidity bearable.
You bet I did! There's nothing like some fresh breeze to put a smile on our faces after being cooped up at home during the week. Hope you stayed cozy.

You bet I did! There's nothing like some fresh breeze to put a smile on our faces after being cooped up at home during the week. Hope you stayed cozy.
Yes, it was definitely a pleasant surprise to experience that sudden drop in temperature. We don't usually get such comforts, do we?

Yes, it was definitely a pleasant surprise to experience that sudden drop in temperature. We don't usually get such comforts, do we?
this cool breeze is a rare gem! It's special treats like these that make us appreciate the little joys in life. Does your family have any outdoor plans for the next weekend?

this cool breeze is a rare gem! It's special treats like these that make us appreciate the little joys in life. Does your family have any outdoor plans for the next weekend?
My daughter and I will most probably visit the beach with some friends. The breezy seasides are always a refreshing escape, especially when you've had a stressful week. We may also drop by the East Coast Park; it's a great spot to enjoy the outdoors without going too far. How about you?

My daughter and I will most probably visit the beach with some friends. The breezy seasides are always a refreshing escape, especially when you've had a stressful week. We may also drop by the East Coast Park; it's a great spot to enjoy the outdoors without going too far. How about you?
We were thinking of doing something different and exploring one of the nature reserves. It's been a while since we immersed ourselves in greenery, and it would be nice to go on a leisurely hike and do some bird-watching. It's a great way to let the kids enjoy nature and run wild after being cooped up in the city.

We were thinking of doing something different and exploring one of the nature reserves. It's been a while since we immersed ourselves in greenery, and it would be nice to go on a leisurely hike and do some bird-watching. It's a great way to let the kids enjoy nature and run wild after being cooped up in the city.
That sounds like an awesome plan! It is always good to explore different environments and let them experience and appreciate the beauty of nature, especially at such young ages. Have a fantastic weekend ahead then!

That sounds like an awesome plan! It is always good to explore different environments and let them experience and appreciate the beauty of nature, especially at such young ages. Have a fantastic weekend ahead then!
You too! Do share some nature snapshots if you have the chance; it's refreshing to see green vistas and wildlife sightings through others' lenses. Have a great time connecting with nature!

You too! Do share some nature snapshots if you have the chance; it's refreshing to see green vistas and wildlife sightings through others' lenses. Have a great time connecting with nature!
connects well with the surroundings, doesn't she? I'm excited for her to experience the sights and sounds of the wildlife out there. It's amazing how much she'd be able to soak in at this young age. Her little eyes will light up everywhere she sees birds or squirrels!

On another note, does anyone here let their toddlers have screen time, and what do you think about it? There are so many educational shows and apps nowadays, but I feel ambiguous about them.

connects well with the surroundings, doesn't she? I'm excited for her to experience the sights and sounds of the wildlife out there. It's amazing how much she'd be able to soak in at this young age. Her little eyes will light up everywhere she sees birds or squirrels!

On another note, does anyone here let their toddlers have screen time, and what do you think about it? There are so many educational shows and apps nowadays, but I feel ambiguous about them.
As a mom, I feel ya on the quandary of screen time! It's a tricky grey area, especially when the apps and shows can be quite enticing. I try not to rely too heavily on screens for my kids' entertainment, but I do believe in the occasional educational boost from them. Limiting it to specific periods also helps, like a special treat for after meal wind-downs or during travel. Nature exploration this weekend sounds amazing!

As a mom, I feel ya on the quandary of screen time! It's a tricky grey area, especially when the apps and shows can be quite enticing. I try not to rely too heavily on screens for my kids' entertainment, but I do believe in the occasional educational boost from them. Limiting it to specific periods also helps, like a special treat for after meal wind-downs or during travel. Nature exploration this weekend sounds amazing!
That makes two of us then! It seems like a lot of us are heading out this weekend to soak up some nature - hope the good weather holds!

That makes two of us then! It seems like a lot of us are heading out this weekend to soak up some nature - hope the good weather holds!
I'm certainly looking forward to the fresh air and hopefully, some sunny skies! Have a wonderful time connecting with the greens! Keep those cameras ready for action.

I'm certainly looking forward to the fresh air and hopefully, some sunny skies! Have a wonderful time connecting with the greens! Keep those cameras ready for action.
There's much joy to be found in the little things - like cool breezes on a sunny day - which often go unnoticed. Enjoy your well-deserved outing this weekend, Luciana, and do share photos if you can!

There's much joy to be found in the little things - like cool breezes on a sunny day - which often go unnoticed. Enjoy your well-deserved outing this weekend, Luciana, and do share photos if you can!
it's the little moments that make life wonderful. Have a fabulous nature trip, Luciana! (I'll have my camera charged and ready).

it's the little moments that make life wonderful. Have a fabulous nature trip, Luciana! (I'll have my camera charged and ready).
The joy of discovering and capturing those little moments is truly special. Enjoy your time immersed in nature, Bookworm, and do let us know if you spot any rare birds this weekend! Have a great one, mamas!

Reactions: joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu