• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Starting them young Toddler and preschooler nutrition

Absolutely! I couldn't agree more, it's so important to expose them to a variety of nutritious foods from an early age and also teach them about balanced meals and snacks. It's wonderful to set those good habits early on and watch them grow up with a healthy relationship with food!
Yup, setting good foundations is crucial. Children are more likely to become health-conscious adults if they're exposed to nutritious foods as toddlers. It's a great chance to educate them on the importance of a balanced diet too.

Absolutely! And it's so important to offer a variety of nutritious options because taste preferences and appetites can vary so much between kids . It's great to expose them to different flavours and textures early on and incorporate lessons on balance and moderation.

Absolutely! And it's so important to offer a variety of nutritious options because taste preferences and appetites can vary so much between kids . It's great to expose them to different flavours and textures early on and incorporate lessons on balance and moderation.
Variety is key to introducing young children to healthy eating habits. Different flavour profiles and textures help develop their pallets and teach them not to be picky eaters!

Yes, exposure to different food flavors and textures at a young age can help develop their palates and encourage adventurous eaters! It's an exciting opportunity to introduce and educate them on healthy, whole foods, which sets a great foundation for their future eating habits. Having a diverse diet is fun and should be encouraged!

What other ways can we as parents nurture our children's relationship with nutritious food? We want to instil good habits early!

Variety is key to introducing young children to healthy eating habits. Different flavour profiles and textures help develop their pallets and teach them not to be picky eaters!
It's certainly a challenge to get toddlers to try new foods, but it can be done!

I make it a point to expose my little one to different textures and flavours. Ipureed homemade food for her when she was younger, so I could sneaking in various ingredients and flavors. That way, she got used to the taste of spices like cumin and curry leaves early on!

Now that she's older, I involve her in preparing meals. She's more inclined to eat something she has helped to make. Chopping soft fruits or veggies with a kid-safe knife, mixing ingredients in a bowl, and even pinching spices are simple tasks she enjoys. The pride on her face when she sees others enjoying her little contributions is so adorable!

It's also a good idea to serve tiny portions of new foods alongside familiar ones. Sometimes, all it takes is a bit of familiarity to encourage them to try something new. And if all else fails, I find adding a silly name or creating a fun animal shape helps!

What are some of your go-to methods to introduce new foods to your little ones? Do you have any cute and quirky ways to make mealtime fun?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: cissy and sunflower

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu