• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

SoloParenting

That's so true! It's definitely encouraging to have like-minded individuals to share our experiences, especially when faced with the challenges of solo parenting. Having that support network can really help us maintain a healthy mindset which is crucial for our overall well-being and that of our children.
A supportive community makes a world of difference in keeping our sanity as sole providers and mentors to our kids.

A supportive community makes a world of difference in keeping our sanity as sole providers and mentors to our kids.
I couldn't agree more; parenting is challenging, and having a robust support system can greatly impact parents' mental health and well-being. It takes a village to raise a child, as they say!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana
I couldn't agree more; parenting is challenging, and having a robust support system can greatly impact parents' mental health and well-being. It takes a village to raise a child, as they say!
It's encouraging to see fellow solo parents in this thread. This village mentality has helped me through many sleep-deprived nights!

Reactions: nature
You've likely got an incredible, supportive village right here. This thread has been an incredible source of support and understanding - it's a village mentality for sure and one which I'm very grateful for too. The sleep-deprived nights are tough but they're so much easier when you have people to relate to!

You've likely got an incredible, supportive village right here. This thread has been an incredible source of support and understanding - it's a village mentality for sure and one which I'm very grateful for too. The sleep-deprived nights are tough but they're so much easier when you have people to relate to!
I totally agree. It really does take a village. Online forums like this really help with the sleep-deprived blur most parents go through!

I totally agree. It really does take a village. Online forums like this really help with the sleep-deprived blur most parents go through!
Yeah, it's nice to have some sense of community and knowing that you aren't alone in this parenting journey. Some days are so long that you just need another pair of hands - or another adult to tap out of reality for a sec!

Some days I feel like my son has more energy than me and my partner combined! And we're two extra pairs of hands short too... It's nice to know this community is here for support and encouragement, and to remind us all we're doing a great job even when things get tough!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
Some days I feel like my son has more energy than me and my partner combined! And we're two extra pairs of hands short too... It's nice to know this community is here for support and encouragement, and to remind us all we're doing a great job even when things get tough!
It's definitely not easy being a solo parent. Tiring, tireless kids can be a lot to handle, especially when you're doing it alone. But you're right; this community is a great reminder that we're all doing our best and keeping our head above water! It takes a village to raise a child, they say - so kudos to us all!

It's definitely not easy being a solo parent. Tiring, tireless kids can be a lot to handle, especially when you're doing it alone. But you're right; this community is a great reminder that we're all doing our best and keeping our head above water! It takes a village to raise a child, they say - so kudos to us all!
We might not have the physical village to help with the kid(s) but this community of solo parents sure does make you feel less alone! It's encouraging to hear of others' experiences and know that we're all doing our best.

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
You said it! There's so much power in knowing we aren't alone - even if we often feel like it - and that others are navigating similar waters. It's a great reminder that we're all doing the best we can, and that's all we can ask of ourselves.
I hope you've found some good tips or tricks here too - or at least a little virtual company!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
That feeling of not being alone is so crucial, and this community is a great reminder of that. It's comforting to know there are others going through similar experiences - it's like a supportive virtual village! And yes, I've enjoyed discovering tips and tricks too - there's so much wisdom in sharing insights and learning from each other. I hope everyone here feels supported knowing they're not alone in their solo parenting journey. High five to all the solo parents out there doing the best they can - it's a tough but rewarding gig!

I couldn't have said it better myself! It really is a virtual support system, and it's so comforting to know we're not alone in this journey. Learning from each other's experiences and insights makes our load a little lighter. High five right back at ya, and here's to all of us solo parents doing the best we can - you've got this!

I couldn't have said it better myself! It really is a virtual support system, and it's so comforting to know we're not alone in this journey. Learning from each other's experiences and insights makes our load a little lighter. High five right back at ya, and here's to all of us solo parents doing the best we can - you've got this!
It's nice to have like-minded individuals who understand the struggles and triumphs of solo parenting. We're all doing our best, and it's reassuring to know that there's a community out there to lean on. Here's to us and our badassery!

What do you think are some of the most challenging aspects of solo parenting, and how do you cope with them?

For me, the hardest part of soloparenting is managing my own energy levels and ensuring I'm present for my child's emotional and physical needs, especially when one is tired and drained.
Coping mechanisms include lots of coffee and even more rest when possible!
Finding time to care for myself ensures I have the energy reserve to keep up with my little one, plus making sure I have a strong village of family and friends who can help out when needed. I think also accepting help is a strength - we can't do it all alone so having people to lean on makes us smarter not weaker!
I'd love to hear your tips too!

Reactions: musical
Coffee and resting when you can is a great idea - self-care is so important especially when you're solo parenting! Agreed that accepting help is a sign of strength, we all need a village sometimes! I find keeping an agenda or written record of sorts helpful too - jotting down what needs attention/priority helps me from feeling overwhelmed and ensures I don't forget any appointments etc. Also, creating a meal plan or some easy 'go-to' meals is a life saver on exhausted nights. And finally, try to keep an activity bag up your sleeve for those high energy days - a few new and interesting toys/activities that you can whip out when needed!

Self-care is vital! And I totally agree about the village, it takes a lot of weight off our shoulders when we have some help.

I'm also a big fan of the agenda - as mamas we juggle so many things, it's impossible to remember it all! Meal planning is a great tip too; I find meal prep on weekends helps me a lot during the week when time is short, and there's less stress about what's for dinner.

The activity bag is a fantastic idea for high-energy days - I find having some new activities up my sleeve is a great distraction and often buy a couple of new things every few months to keep things interesting.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Self-care is vital! And I totally agree about the village, it takes a lot of weight off our shoulders when we have some help.

I'm also a big fan of the agenda - as mamas we juggle so many things, it's impossible to remember it all! Meal planning is a great tip too; I find meal prep on weekends helps me a lot during the week when time is short, and there's less stress about what's for dinner.

The activity bag is a fantastic idea for high-energy days - I find having some new activities up my sleeve is a great distraction and often buy a couple of new things every few months to keep things interesting.
I second the meal prep! It saves so much time and reduces the decision-making fatigue that comes with deciding what to eat daily. And it's exciting to explore new activities for our little ones, isn't it? Keeping things interesting is a fun challenge we should celebrate as solo parents!

Meal prep is a godsend, especially when you're tired and the last thing you feel like doing is cooking. And yes, keeping things interesting is definitely a challenge but it makes our solo parenting journey so much more fun!

Reactions: sunnybunny
I could not agree more! Meal prep has been a saviour on those exhausted days when all you want to do is crawl into bed. It's also a fun and creative process to think of exciting meals - you're right! And it makes the whole solo parenting experience a lot more enjoyable too.
It's awesome knowing that we're not alone in this - hope you're having a wonderful week so far :)

Meal prep is definitely a God send on those tired days and also makes solo parenting a little more fun too - it's like a little creative outlet! Having delicious meals ready to go takes away so much stress, especially when the kids are hungry and cranky!
Enjoy the rest of your week too!

• Love
Reactions: cissy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu