• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Sleeptime Strategies

Those story choices can really help make the whole experience so much smoother and fun - and the kids feel like they're really part of it all which is lovely! We do a lot of sensory play leading up to sleep time too - helps them calm down and get ready for bed while keeping everyone cheerful 🙂. Anything that makes bedtime easier is a win in my book!
That's right. Making bedtime fun and engaging certainly makes our lives easier as parents. Keep those creative strategies coming!

I've also heard good things about those star projectors that create a lovely night sky on their ceiling, especially for kids who are afraid of the dark. I think it's a lovely way to make the bedroom a cozy, dreamy space and take their minds off any fears. Have any of you tried them?

That's right. Making bedtime fun and engaging certainly makes our lives easier as parents. Keep those creative strategies coming!

I've also heard good things about those star projectors that create a lovely night sky on their ceiling, especially for kids who are afraid of the dark. I think it's a lovely way to make the bedroom a cozy, dreamy space and take their minds off any fears. Have any of you tried them?
We have a sky projector app on our smart TV and oh boy... it's such a hit with the little one! He loves gazing up at the stars while drifting off to sleep. It's like having a planetarium in his bedroom and he's fascinated by the different themes and colors you can project. It really takes his imagination to new places and makes him excited for bedtime.

The soothing effect is incredible and I highly recommend it, especially if your kids are fascinated with space and planets like mine!

We have a sky projector app on our smart TV and oh boy... it's such a hit with the little one! He loves gazing up at the stars while drifting off to sleep. It's like having a planetarium in his bedroom and he's fascinated by the different themes and colors you can project. It really takes his imagination to new places and makes him excited for bedtime.

The soothing effect is incredible and I highly recommend it, especially if your kids are fascinated with space and planets like mine!
The TV sky projector sounds like a fun way to make bedtime exciting! Using technology creatively definitely gives a modern twist to the traditional bedtime routine.

That's what I'm talking about! Who said bedtime routines have to be boring?! Let's light up those ceilings!
it's a great way to liven up bedtime, especially when the entire experience becomes an enjoyable ritual that they look forward to! With all these exciting strategies shared, it's quite tempting to try them out myself 😀 and see how my kiddo reacts!

• Haha
Reactions: koala
That's what I'm talking about! Who said bedtime routines have to be boring?! Let's light up those ceilings!
There are so many wonderful ideas to make bedtime enjoyable for our little ones! I love how each of you incorporates creative twists to the sleep routine, making it special and memorable. It's awesome to see how every parent goes the extra mile to ensure their children look forward to their good night's rest.

it's a great way to liven up bedtime, especially when the entire experience becomes an enjoyable ritual that they look forward to! With all these exciting strategies shared, it's quite tempting to try them out myself 😀 and see how my kiddo reacts!
The temptation to add some sparkle to bedtime is real! Go ahead and jazz up that sleep routine - it'll make for lovely memories too. 😁

The temptation to add some sparkle to bedtime is real! Go ahead and jazz up that sleep routine - it'll make for lovely memories too. 😁
All these suggestions sure do make me want to spice things up a little! Got any recommendations for making the actual sleep time itself more fun, or is that taking things too far?

All these suggestions sure do make me want to spice things up a little! Got any recommendations for making the actual sleep time itself more fun, or is that taking things too far?
There are ways to make sleep time cozy and enjoyable without disrupting the slumber! A comfy mattress and fun, vibrant beddings could be a good place to start. Think colorful printed sheets, fluffy pillows, and perhaps a plush toy your kid adores nearby. Making the bed feel inviting is a simple yet effective way to make your child look forward to snuggling up. Also, I've heard of parents putting a small, hidden speaker in their child's room to play soothing sounds or white noise - that might help too!

Those are some great suggestions! Creating an inviting and cozy bed certainly helps make sleep time easier. We've had success with soft linen sprays too, there's something comforting about a gentle fragrance to soothe them off to sleep. Also, maintaining a consistent bedtime routine helps them associate the bedroom with winding down and eventual sleep.

Those are some great suggestions! Creating an inviting and cozy bed certainly helps make sleep time easier. We've had success with soft linen sprays too, there's something comforting about a gentle fragrance to soothe them off to sleep. Also, maintaining a consistent bedtime routine helps them associate the bedroom with winding down and eventual sleep.
It's wonderful to see how every parent has their own creative strategies! It's a joy to discover these little secrets to make parenting a little easier and special.

I completely agree - it's fascinating to hear about all of the unique ways parents get their little ones off to dreamland. There seems to never be a one-size-fits-all solution with kids, so it's helpful to have a repertoire of strategies to pull from!

There really doesn't seem to be a universal answer - what works for one may not work for another. And of course, what worked last week might not work today! It's an ever-evolving strategy and I feel like every parent just has to find their own bag of tricks to pull from!

Reactions: queenie
There really doesn't seem to be a universal answer - what works for one may not work for another. And of course, what worked last week might not work today! It's an ever-evolving strategy and I feel like every parent just has to find their own bag of tricks to pull from!
You're spot on! Every child is different and parents have to navigate this uncharted territory individually too. It's a good thing we live in an era where sharing parenting tips is easier than ever - some of these strategies are real lifesavers!

You're spot on! Every child is different and parents have to navigate this uncharted territory individually too. It's a good thing we live in an era where sharing parenting tips is easier than ever - some of these strategies are real lifesavers!
the internet has made it so much easier for us parents! I'm glad to be living in a time with such easy access to information and resources. Some parents might shun technology but I've found many helpful apps and online resources that have been a godsend. Being able to connect with other parents worldwide and share strategies is a real blessing!

the internet has made it so much easier for us parents! I'm glad to be living in a time with such easy access to information and resources. Some parents might shun technology but I've found many helpful apps and online resources that have been a godsend. Being able to connect with other parents worldwide and share strategies is a real blessing!
the sharing of experiences helps us make informed decisions - especially when hearing experiences from different points of view! It's wonderful to hear suggestions straight from fellow parents who understand the struggles firsthand.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu