• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Sleep Strategies

it is reassuring to know that there are many like-minded individuals who resonate with the desire for peace amidst the hustle and bustle of daily life. Sleep and relaxation strategies are being innovated upon constantly, and one can only imagine what other calming tricks and tools will surface!

Do you have any specific strategies that help you attain serene slumbers?
As a yoga instructor, I do find that my personal favorite is certainly movement-based practices like gentle stretches before bed. It's a wonderful way to calm the mind and prepare the body for rest. And like many here, I also love using apps for some soothing sounds - especially when traveling! Being soothed into sleep by peaceful music or guided meditations is such a blissful way to unwind.

I find that taking a break from screen time well before bed helps me sleep better. I try not to look at any screens - laptop, phone or tv, an hour leading up to my bedtime. I also like to take a warm shower and listen to some calming music. There are many playlists on Spotify with songs designed to help one relax and sleep. Reading a book, journaling, and deep breathing exercises also help create a peaceful aura around you.

Also, keeping the room dark and cool is a must for a good night's sleep. I've also heard blue light affects our sleep patterns, so avoiding any blue light sources an hour before bed could be beneficial - warm-toned lights instead perhaps?

Some people also swear by sleeping masks and white noise machines to create a serene environment. They block out any distracting lights and sounds that may disrupt your slumber.

That's a great routine you've got!

I completely agree with the no-screen policy leading up to bedtime; it really helps tune out the world and signal to your brain that it's almost sleep time. Keeping the room cool and dark is so important - I find that even the tiniest bit of light can be distracting, so I might have to invest in some good blackout curtains!

I've also heard great things about white noise machines; creating a consistent, calm environment with no sudden disruptions certainly helps with getting deeper sleep. I've been thinking of getting a machine myself - are there any brands or types you'd recommend?

Thanks for sharing your routine!

I use a simple white noise app on my phone which has plenty of different options - ocean, rain, static etc. It's helped me a lot, especially as it's small and portable so I can take it with me when I travel too.

I've also heard good things about the 'Sleep Soundly' machine, which is a little more pricy but has some great reviews and lots of different settings. Seems like it could be a worthwhile investment!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu