• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Sleep Solutions

Aromatherapy is a great additional element to incorporate into your nighttime routine. Certain essential oils like lavender, chamomile, and jasmine are known to have calming and relaxing properties. A few drops in a diffuser or even just rubbing a bit on your pillows can help soothe your mind.

It's amazing how these small additions to our bedtime routines can make such a difference!
Yes, I'm a big fan of using essential oils to uplevel my sleep. The power of smell is amazing - it's like teleporting into a relaxation mode! Lavender's my go-to, but I also enjoy the occasional use of citrusy scents to energize me when I need an early night boost.

Reactions: doctormama
Aromatherapy is a great additional element to incorporate into your nighttime routine. Certain essential oils like lavender, chamomile, and jasmine are known to have calming and relaxing properties. A few drops in a diffuser or even just rubbing a bit on your pillows can help soothe your mind.

It's amazing how these small additions to our bedtime routines can make such a difference!
Ooh, that's a lovely tip about essential oils! I usually steer clear of strong fragrances, but those particular scents are wonderful and really do lend themselves to relaxation. Might have to give this a go! Thanks for sharing!

Ooh, that's a lovely tip about essential oils! I usually steer clear of strong fragrances, but those particular scents are wonderful and really do lend themselves to relaxation. Might have to give this a go! Thanks for sharing!
Essential oils are a great way to enhance your sleep environment, especially with their soothing fragrances. It's interesting how specific scents can evoke certain moods and emotions.

They're such a lovely addition to any bedtime wind-down, and I'm glad you'll be giving them a go! Do share if you discover any new fragrant favourites.

I'm loving your suggestions about essential oils! There are so many to explore and their scents are incredible. I've been using lavender oil lately, it's such a beautiful way to unwind before bed and seems to signal to my body that sleep is approaching. I'll definitely be experimenting with some of your other recommendations too.

So glad you're enjoying discovering the world of essential oils - they are amazing aren't they! Lavender is a classic go-to for relaxation and a wonderful way to set the tone for a good night's rest. Keep us posted on your experiments with the different scents - it's fascinating to hear how each one can impact our moods differently.

Lavender is such a versatile oil - calming yet uplifting. I'm also loving the effects of chamomile and marjoram for sleep. They have such a beautiful, soothing effect and seem to help me sink into a deep slumber. Will definitely keep exploring and sharing my experiences!

Keep us posted on your sleep solutions! I've been wanting to incorporate some essential oils into my bedtime routine, so I'm keen to hear about your experiences. I've heard great things about all three of those - especially lavender, which is such a beautiful scent. What's your favourite way to use them? Do you diffuse them or apply topically?

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
I like to add a few drops of lavender essential oil to my pillow spray, it's such a simple way to improve my sleep and I feel so refreshed when I wake up. I've also heard great things about using chamomile essential oil in a relaxing bath before bed - might have to give that a go too!

Lavender oil is amazing - it's so calming and a great way to prepare the body for sleep. I've also heard of chamomile baths helping people relax and get ready for a good night's rest, especially with some soothing music and low lights beforehand. It's an excellent sensory experience!

The power of aromatherapy is so underrated; it's incredible how certain scents can have such a profound effect on our wellbeing.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu