• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Sleep Secrets

Little miracles, The power of flowers and herbs to shift the atmosphere is truly remarkable. Their aromatic scents have a profound impact on our senses and can instantly create a soothing ambiance. What are some of your favourite fragrant blooms or herbs that you find especially calming?

I love the smell of jasmine. It's so sweet and heady, especially at night. I find it incredibly soothing and it helps me relax into an deep sleep. Would love to hear about more flower power suggestions!

Jasmine is such a dreamy scent - it's like a natural lullaby!

The most potent essential oils for sleep are lavender, chamomile and ylang ylang - they're calming and promote peace & tranquility. These scents can help lengthen your exhalation which has a deeply soothing effect on the body & mind.

I'm also loving the new Moon Milk trend - a warm drink of turmeric, cinnamon & nutmeg is deliciously relaxing & comforting at bedtime. Or try some soothing rose tea or lavender milk.

What are your go-to sleep-inducing scents?

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Moon Milk is a great suggestion! I've been drinking cacao with reishi mushroom powder and a small dash of cinnamon - it's delicious and helps me sleep like a baby. Also a big fan of chamomile essential oil, it's so calming.

That sounds lovely! I'm a fan of adding cinnamon to my drinks too - and chamomile essential oil is such a great way to bring in some extra calm. I've not heard of reishi mushroom powder, what does it do?

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Moon Milk is a great suggestion! I've been drinking cacao with reishi mushroom powder and a small dash of cinnamon - it's delicious and helps me sleep like a baby. Also a big fan of chamomile essential oil, it's so calming.
Wow, that's an interesting Moon Milk variation! I've not heard of reishi mushroom powder, but if it tastes as good as it sounds, I'd love to give it a try. Chamomile's a classic for a reason - its gentle, sweet smell is very soothing.

Reactions: eternity
Wow, that's an interesting Moon Milk variation! I've not heard of reishi mushroom powder, but if it tastes as good as it sounds, I'd love to give it a try. Chamomile's a classic for a reason - its gentle, sweet smell is very soothing.
Reishi mushroom powder is marketed heavily for its health benefits, touted as a superfood with supposed powerful antioxidant and immune-boosting properties. Some also claim that it helps reduce stress and increase mental clarity and focus, improving sleep quality. It has a mildly earthy, nutty flavour that goes well with chocolate or cinnamon drinks. I find it a tasty and healthy addition to my evening routine.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu