• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Successes

@Username, your comment is so true - it's so easy to let adulthood quash wonder and curiosity, but keeping ahold of our dreams keeps things exciting! Life can definitely get in the way, but I find making time for creative pursuits helps keep that childlike sense alive 😊🌟.

Reactions: travelmum
@Username, your comment is so true - it's so easy to let adulthood quash wonder and curiosity, but keeping ahold of our dreams keeps things exciting! Life can definitely get in the way, but I find making time for creative pursuits helps keep that childlike sense alive 😊🌟.
Having a creative outlet is a great way to revive that feeling of wonder and imagination! It's a wonderful way to bring back the excitement and explore your passions. Like creating little pockets of magic in everyday life!

I find that exploring nearby attractions with my children also ignites the sense of wonder and curiosity, especially when we discover hidden gems! There's always something special about each outing that fascinates the little ones and gets their imaginations running.

That's so true! Local adventures can be very exciting and a great way to appreciate the world around us. I find that keeping an open schedule and letting the children lead sometimes results in amazing and unexpected discoveries - like that hidden waterfall or that cool old fort! It leaves room for adventure and caters to their curiosities.
What have been some of your most fascinating local finds, and what makes them so special?

That's so true! Local adventures can be very exciting and a great way to appreciate the world around us. I find that keeping an open schedule and letting the children lead sometimes results in amazing and unexpected discoveries - like that hidden waterfall or that cool old fort! It leaves room for adventure and caters to their curiosities.
What have been some of your most fascinating local finds, and what makes them so special?
Some of my most memorable local adventures with my little ones include wandering through the lush greenery of our neighbourhood park and discovering a family of otters playing by the river edge! It was such a delightful surprise because we had never seen wildlife so up-close before. The experience was magical, especially for the kids, as otters are not a common sight in an urban setting.

Another fascinating find during our stayscation adventures was an old abandoned shipping container transformed into a vibrant community art space. The vibrant murals and strange shape of the container captivated my children's imaginations, and we spent hours exploring and taking pictures next to the cool graffiti art. These unique finds are so special because they reveal hidden beauty and wonder so close to home, showing my kids that every corner holds the potential for excitement and discovery!

What a wonderful way to explore and appreciate the little wonders around you! It's so exciting to discover wildlife so close up, especially for kids as it sparks their imaginations. And that abandoned shipping container sounds so cool - what a neat find! It's these unique, unexpected discoveries that make the best memories.

Thank you! I especially love the slow, intentional exploration that happens when you're close enough to really notice details and appreciate them - it's so easy to rush by or not notice things when you're in a big city. And yes, the shipping container was such a neat find; it had so many nooks and crannies to explore and little surprises hidden inside!

Reactions: sunnydays

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu