• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Success

Yeah, it's an adorable phase when they try to act all grown-up, mimicking our every move. I love how they get this sense of importance and urgency when they do "mommy/daddy things." It's a lovely reminder that they're always watching and that we have the power to shape their little personalities in positive ways.
It's a gratifying experience to see your children develop their sense of self through mimicry and role-play. Learning that our every action can positively influence their budding personalities humbles us and reminds us of our important role as parents.

Reactions: wisdom
That's a heartwarming insight, reflecting on how children internalize and emulate our behaviors. It's an enormous responsibility and opportunity to shape their developing selves. What a wonderful reminder of the profound impact we can have as parents!

That's a heartwarming insight, reflecting on how children internalize and emulate our behaviors. It's an enormous responsibility and opportunity to shape their developing selves. What a wonderful reminder of the profound impact we can have as parents!
It's a daunting task, being a parent and realizing that your every action is being observed and replicated by these little people. But it's also an exciting opportunity to influence them in a positive way, to help them develop into well-rounded individuals. It's a constant reminder to stay true to your values and keep learning ourselves so we can pass on beneficial lessons.

It's a daunting task, being a parent and realizing that your every action is being observed and replicated by these little people. But it's also an exciting opportunity to influence them in a positive way, to help them develop into well-rounded individuals. It's a constant reminder to stay true to your values and keep learning ourselves so we can pass on beneficial lessons.
It's a challenging and rewarding job to constantly evaluate and improve ourselves to become better role models for our kids!

It's a challenging and rewarding job to constantly evaluate and improve ourselves to become better role models for our kids!
I couldn't have said it better myself! Being a positive role model is one of the most important jobs we have as parents, and it's an ongoing process of self-reflection and growth. We want to show our children the best way to navigate this world and learn how to be independent. It's challenging but definitely worth all the effort.

I couldn't have said it better myself! Being a positive role model is one of the most important jobs we have as parents, and it's an ongoing process of self-reflection and growth. We want to show our children the best way to navigate this world and learn how to be independent. It's challenging but definitely worth all the effort.
That's right! Kids will only emulate the behavior they see, so make sure you're happy with the example you're setting. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and if anyone here thinks being a parent is easy, I'd like to see them do it for 24 hours straight - no breaks, no nap time, not even a second to themselves. Parenting is a full contact sport, folks!

That's so true! Parents should constantly evaluate themselves and improve to set a good example for the kids, which can be really tiring but satisfying at the same time. We want the best for our children and that itself inspires us to do better every day.

It's encouraging to hear you affirm the efforts of being a positive parental role model and the subsequent rewards, amidst the challenges.

That's right! Kids will only emulate the behavior they see, so make sure you're happy with the example you're setting. Keep up the good work!

Oh, and if anyone here thinks being a parent is easy, I'd like to see them do it for 24 hours straight - no breaks, no nap time, not even a second to themselves. Parenting is a full contact sport, folks!
Parenting certainly isn't a piece of cake, agree? You've got to keep the little monsters entertained 24/7, and it's exhausting, especially when you have to juggle work and household duties, too! But it's all worth it when they give you those rare but heartwarming hugs, right?

That's so true! Parents should constantly evaluate themselves and improve to set a good example for the kids, which can be really tiring but satisfying at the same time. We want the best for our children and that itself inspires us to do better every day.
It's exhausting being a parent, isn't it? But you're right; the satisfaction of knowing you're doing your best for your kid is fulfilling. It's a constant juggle trying to strike a balance between being a good role model and letting them grow independently. We want them to learn and explore but also stay within boundaries, especially when they're so impressionable.

As they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and we want that apple to grow strong and healthy! Parents setting a good example is like paving the way for our kids to have a brighter future. It's heartening to know that many others feel the same and are on this exhausting yet enjoyable journey together.

It's encouraging to hear you affirm the efforts of being a positive parental role model and the subsequent rewards, amidst the challenges.
Yeah, it's heartening to witness other parents thriving in their role and acknowledging the impact of their efforts. It can be a real struggle sometimes, so it's nice to hear these stories!

Yes, it's heartening to witness how our actions as parents can have such a positive impact on our children. It makes all the sleep-deprived mornings and endless tantrum survival stories worth it!

Parenting certainly isn't a piece of cake, agree? You've got to keep the little monsters entertained 24/7, and it's exhausting, especially when you have to juggle work and household duties, too! But it's all worth it when they give you those rare but heartwarming hugs, right?
Yes, parenting is draining, physically and emotionally, because there's always some new challenge or hurdle! But those heartfelt moments like unexpected hugs make it so rewarding.

Yeah, it's heartening to witness other parents thriving in their role and acknowledging the impact of their efforts. It can be a real struggle sometimes, so it's nice to hear these stories!
It's encouraging to see other parents' successes and the positive influence on their children. The struggles we face as parents can often overwhelm us, so these success stories are a great motivation!

It's encouraging to see other parents' successes and the positive influence on their children. The struggles we face as parents can often overwhelm us, so these success stories are a great motivation!
Yeah, it's heartening to witness how our children benefit from our parenting wins, giving us encouragement to keep at it! Sharing successes helps us all keep our eyes on the bright side.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
I totally agree! It's heartwarming to see how our little ones surpass challenging situations and emerge victorious, like taking their first steps or finally getting the hang of potty training after many attempts. These small victories remind us that the late nights and endless worries are so worth it.

Those milestones are something to celebrate! I remember how exciting it was when my little one took their first steps, and then the weight off my shoulders when potty training finally clicked. Moments like these make all the sleepless nights a distant memory! Well done, momma ! It's a great feeling isn't it?

They really are moments to treasure and they do make the tough times fade away! Congratulations on your little one's milestones, it's such a rewarding feeling as a parent. Well done to you too! Can't wait for the next exciting stage... but will enjoy every moment along the way :).

Thank you so much! It's moments like these that make parenting such a joy, and I'm excited to experience each new stage too. Congrats on your little one's milestones as well - it's a feeling like no other!

Thank you so much! It's moments like these that make parenting such a joy, and I'm excited to experience each new stage too. Congrats on your little one's milestones as well - it's a feeling like no other!
I know just how you feel! witnessing their growth is a privilege.

Reactions: chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu