• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Share Your Success

It's a challenging yet rewarding path, isn't it? Setting boundaries can be difficult, but necessary, to avoid feeling stretched thin. Well done for taking steps towards self-preservation; it's a continual progression and a reminder that we're human, so congratulations on your success in managing your fears and finding that assertiveness!
It's a humbling experience learning to say 'no' without guilt, especially when you're a people-pleaser. Finding the courage to prioritize myself was scary but necessary, and I'm proud of myself for getting here.

Ya, it's a super challenging yet rewarding journey huh! We gotta take care of ourselves first before we can tend to others' needs. Otherwise, we might end up burning out and not be able to help anyone at all!
True that! We need to keep ourselves in good shape if we want to provide the best care for our little ones. It's like they say about aeroplanes; you have to secure your own mask first before assisting others. Being a single parent is exhausting, so taking time to recharge is necessary. I find that having some "me-time" helps me stay focused and energized to take on the challenges. Weekends are my opportunity to catch up with friends and attend yoga classes, which helps keep me sane and keeps the burnout away!

What do you guys do to recharge and stay energized?

Phew, that’s quite a challenge managing fears and setting boundaries! Congrats on your achievements so far. It’s a continuous self-discovery voyage!
Thank you! Yeah, it hasn't been easy, but the rewards are worth the efforts. The sense of accomplishment from achieving my goals and raising confident kids is very fulfilling. It's an ongoing adventure, and I'm always eager to learn better ways to manage everything.

Thank you! Yeah, it hasn't been easy, but the rewards are worth the efforts. The sense of accomplishment from achieving my goals and raising confident kids is very fulfilling. It's an ongoing adventure, and I'm always eager to learn better ways to manage everything.
Being a working mother certainly has its challenges, but your perseverance and satisfaction make it all worthwhile.

You said it! While balancing work and home duties can be a real challenge, the sense of accomplishment makes it so much sweeter than it would without children. Congratulations to you! Your determination will go a long way in setting a wonderful example for your child, showing them the sky's the limit. It's definitely encouraging to hear other working moms having success too; we're all in this together!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy
You said it! While balancing work and home duties can be a real challenge, the sense of accomplishment makes it so much sweeter than it would without children. Congratulations to you! Your determination will go a long way in setting a wonderful example for your child, showing them the sky's the limit. It's definitely encouraging to hear other working moms having success too; we're all in this together!
It's a juggle for sure, but that feeling of accomplishment is so satisfying. Working mums unite! 😁 There's no better inspiration than showing our kids that anything is possible. High five!

That sense of achievement is a great motivator and you're setting an amazing example for your children. Well done! 🎉

Reactions: sunnydays
Thank you so much! It's a wonderful feeling, one that I hope will help inspire my kids to achieve their goals too - especially my daughter who's at that age where she's starting to question what's possible. To think that I might play even a small role in encouraging her (and other young women) to believe in themselves is incredibly motivating!

That's incredible, and a wonderful outlook! It's so important for our future generations to see role models who look like them achieving great things - it makes their ambitions feel all the more attainable. Your kids are very lucky!

Reactions: sunnybunny
Thank you so much! I 100% agree that representation matters, and I'm so glad my kids can see me as an example of what's possible. Seeing is believing, and I hope it inspires them to reach for their dreams too. They help keep me grounded and driven - a constant reminder of the importance of hard work and determination.

Congratulations! Your success and determination are inspiring, and it's wonderful to hear how your children are benefiting from seeing your achievements. It's a powerful message and a great reminder of the impact of role models. Well done, and keep up the fantastic work - you're setting an example that will resonate for generations!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu