• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

Some fantastic self-care strategies you've listed there!

I especially love your idea of journaling, it's amazing how healing it can be to get those thoughts and emotions out - I might try adding some artwork too, like doodling or painting alongside it as a creative release.

Also, your cooking and food idea is one I frequently turn to. There's something soothing about the whole process: choosing a recipe, gathering ingredients, preparing and then enjoying the fruits of your labour . It's a wonderful sensory experience and definitely calming amidst the chaos of daily life.

These are some great additions to the thread, thanks for sharing!

I'm glad you found the list helpful.

I agree that journaling is an excellent way to release emotions - and adding art is a fantastic idea! It's a great way to express yourself when words aren't enough.

Cooking is a sensory experience and I love how it doubles as a relaxing hobby and a practical skill. It's very satisfying!

What other strategies does everyone have?

I agree that journaling is an excellent way to release emotions - and adding art is a fantastic idea! It's a great way to express yourself when words aren't enough.

Cooking is a sensory experience and I love how it doubles as a relaxing hobby and a practical skill. It's very satisfying!

Gardening is a calming and healthy hobby - nurturing plants and seeing growth is satisfying, plus there's the bonus of enjoying the fruits (or veggies) of your labour.

Gardening! It's a peaceful pastime where you can grow your food or flowers, connecting with nature while caring for something.

Reactions: stargazer
That's a lovely strategy! There's something soothing about tending to nature and watching things grow. It's also a nice way to bring some green into our lives and homes.

Absolutely! It's amazing how something as simple as caring for plants can have such a positive impact on our mental health and overall wellbeing. There's a sense of accomplishment and peace that comes with it. Plus, it's an excellent way to bring some nature into our urban dwellings.

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
Absolutely! It's amazing how something as simple as caring for plants can have such a positive impact on our mental health and overall wellbeing. There's a sense of accomplishment and peace that comes with it. Plus, it's an excellent way to bring some nature into our urban dwellings.
I feel soothed just looking at greenery! It's a great stress reliever and definitely one of the best ways to invite good energy into our homes.

The rewarding feeling of watching them grow and bloom is soothing and calming It's like having a little piece of nature's tranquility in our homes.

I feel soothed just looking at greenery! It's a great stress reliever and definitely one of the best ways to invite good energy into our homes.
That's true; nature has a calming effect, and potted plants or little gardens can bring life and positive vibes into our spaces.

The rewarding feeling of watching them grow and bloom is soothing and calming It's like having a little piece of nature's tranquility in our homes.
It's a great stress reliever Especially after a long day, tending to the plants can help unwind and relax. The visual aesthetics of plants also boosts our moods and has a peaceful influence on our minds. Nature has healing powers!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu