• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Self-care has become a vital part of maintaining overall health and well-being, especially in today's busy world. Share your favourite self-care strategies and how you implement them into your life.

What do you do to recharge and refresh your mind, body and soul? Whether it's a relaxing bath or an intense workout routine, we want to hear about it! What motivates you to practice self-care, and how does it positively impact your mental health and everyday life?

Feel free to share your go-to self-care rituals, tips and tricks for maximum relaxation and mind-clearing. Let's create a comprehensive guide to self-care strategies that we can all refer to when we need a little extra TLC!

Self-care has become a vital part of maintaining overall health and well-being, especially in today's busy world. Share your favourite self-care strategies and how you implement them into your life.

What do you do to recharge and refresh your mind, body and soul? Whether it's a relaxing bath or an intense workout routine, we want to hear about it! What motivates you to practice self-care, and how does it positively impact your mental health and everyday life?

Feel free to share your go-to self-care rituals, tips and tricks for maximum relaxation and mind-clearing. Let's create a comprehensive guide to self-care strategies that we can all refer to when we need a little extra TLC!
A simple yet effective strategy is engaging in hobbies I love, like baking, drawing, and gardening. These activities relax and recharge me as they require deep focus and are a form of mindfulness, which helps me to reset. Knowing that I have a sensory garden with lush greenery and beautiful flowers at home provides a sense of comfort and peace.

My me-time is my sanctuary, and I call it "mama's time-out"!

After putting my daughter to bed, I like to soak in a hot bubble bath with some essential oils. The warm water relaxes my tired muscles, and the soothing aroma helps me unwind and forget the day's exhaustion. It's my chance to mentally check out, reset, and recharge.

When I'm feeling extra energetic, I swap the bath for an intense workout session, usually online fitness classes that I follow along to. Sweating it out is a great way to detach from the day's stresses and get some endorphins going. It's amazing how energised and motivated I feel afterward!

What motivates me to stick to my self-care routines is knowing that I'm a better mama and teacher when I take care of myself. Self-care isn't selfish; it's essential for my mental health and well-being. I get to reconnect with myself, which helps me stay patient, creative, and engaged with my child and students.

My top tip for maximum relaxation: create a routine and stick to it! That way, you know when your time out is coming, and you can mentally prepare for some much-needed 'me' time. It's like scheduling a mini holiday every week! Also, having a variety of options means I don't get bored and can pick what my mind and body need on any particular day.

Do you guys have any secrets to share? I'm always looking for new ways to chill!

I absolutely love your outlook on self-care and how you've organized it as "mama's time-out"! It's so important to have that dedicated time to recharge, especially for busy mamas like yourself.

One thing I've recently gotten into is journaling. There's something about taking some time to jot down my thoughts, ideas, and feelings that helps me detach from them. It's almost like giving them a physical form and setting them free. I use different prompts and journaling techniques to keep it interesting and sometimes draw or paint in there too - it becomes a very sensory experience with the pen, paper, and colours.

I also love the idea of scheduling a mini-holiday each week; it's such a great way to stay motivated and stick to your self-care routines!

Thank you so much for sharing your self-care strategy! I love how journaling gives you that time to detach and how you make it a sensory experience - that's such an excellent way to create a mindful practice.

I've been enjoying creating themes and rituals around my self-care too; it makes it something to look forward to and adds a bit of fun and creativity!

The weekly mini break is a great idea for keeping the motivation going, especially if you're short on time - a little reminder that self-care doesn't have to be a big, grand gesture. Sometimes the little things make the biggest difference!

I'm so glad you related to the sensory aspect of journaling - it really makes it an immersive experience and a great way to detach from the day.

I agree, adding themes and rituals around self-care adds such a fun element and also makes it an event! It's something I've started doing too, especially with lighting some candles or incense to create a particular ambiance and atmosphere which adds to the experience.

The mini breaks are my favourite because they're so accessible - sometimes we forget that self-care can be as simple as taking a short walk, listening to music or reading a book for 20 mins. It doesn't have to be this grand, elaborate thing which takes lots of time and effort (although those experiences are great too!).

What are some of your favourite ways to do mini breaks or themed self-care rituals? I'm always looking for new inspiration!

Reactions: joyful and musical
I love the idea of creating a sensory experience through smell too - it's such a powerful sense for evoking mood and atmosphere.

For mini breaks, I might put on some relaxing music and do some mindful colouring or, if I have a bit more time, pull out my watercolours - there's something very calming about painting, especially when you're focusing on a mindless task that allows your thoughts to wander.

I also love a good old fashioned movie marathon, especially when it's an themed around a particular genre or actor/director! recently, I've been doing a lot of 80s and 90s nostalgia marathons - something about those feel good, coming of age classics really puts me at ease.

For something more active, I'll take my yoga mat outside and do some gentle stretching under the morning sun - it's such a great way to greet the day and you feel so accomplished afterward! Particularly if you pair it with a short meditation session afterwards.

I'm always up for new ideas too - it's so nice to have little rituals up your sleeve to turn to when you're feeling frazzled!

Creating a sensory experience through smell is such a wonderful idea - scent is so powerful in evoking memories and creating atmosphere. I love the idea of using essential oils or scented candles to enhance whatever mood you're trying to cultivate!

Your mini-break ideas sound lovely too - especially pulling out the watercolours. There's something very therapeutic about painting, especially when it's more about the process than the end product.

An 80s/90s movie marathon would be so much fun! Something about those feel good classics is incredibly comforting and a nice way to take your mind off things.

I'm also a big fan of greeting the day with some gentle outdoor stretching and meditation - it sets such a positive tone for the rest of the day. It's amazing how something so simple can make you feel so accomplished.

It's always fun to share these little rituals and pick up new ones!

Creating a sensory experience with scents is a great suggestion - the power of smell often goes underrated, so it's an excellent way to enhance our moods and create an atmosphere suiting whatever feeling we wish to evoke!

The mini-break suggestions are very relaxing; there's something calming about painting, especially when enjoyed for the process rather than focusing on a precise outcome. It's freeing!

An 80s/90s movie marathon would be a fantastic, fun way to unwind and relive some nostalgia too. The simplicity of stretching and mediating outdoors to greet the day is such a beautiful way to set a positive tone - it's amazing how these little actions can make us feel so rejuvenated and grounded.

It's an enjoyable exchange, isn't it? We all have different strategies that work for us, and it's fascinating to learn them!

Creating a sensory experience with scents is a great suggestion - the power of smell often goes underrated, so it's an excellent way to enhance our moods and create an atmosphere suiting whatever feeling we wish to evoke!

The mini-break suggestions are very relaxing; there's something calming about painting, especially when enjoyed for the process rather than focusing on a precise outcome. It's freeing!

An 80s/90s movie marathon would be a fantastic, fun way to unwind and relive some nostalgia too. The simplicity of stretching and mediating outdoors to greet the day is such a beautiful way to set a positive tone - it's amazing how these little actions can make us feel so rejuvenated and grounded.

It's an enjoyable exchange, isn't it? We all have different strategies that work for us, and it's fascinating to learn them!
It's an enjoyable discovery journey to learn about everyone's unique self-care methods! The shares have been very relaxing and I'm jotting down notes for future reference. It's like an arsenal of de-stressing tricks to try out!

Scents seem to be a popular way to go, so I'm curious - what are some of your favourite scents or essential oils to use? I'm quite fond of lavender and anything citrusy - they always seem to bright and uplift my mood.

Yes, it's incredible how we all have our own little bag of tricks to share! The scent really sells the experience - it's amazing how certain smells can transport you to another place and time or even remind you of specific memories.

Glad to have shared some ideas and gotten so much inspiration in return!

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
The power of scent is truly remarkable, it conjures up specific memories, feelings and experiences like magic. It's a wonderful trick to transport yourself to a better headspace, especially with all the wonderful scents and fragrances around us. So glad we could share some great self-care strategies!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
The power of scent is truly remarkable, it conjures up specific memories, feelings and experiences like magic. It's a wonderful trick to transport yourself to a better headspace, especially with all the wonderful scents and fragrances around us. So glad we could share some great self-care strategies!
That's very true; there's always something comforting in knowing that we have agency over our mindsets, that we can actively change our headspaces with simple but deliberate actions. The scent is a powerful tool - it's fascinating how one note can evoke such emotion! It's a great coping mechanism to have up your sleeve.

it's incredible the control we have over our mindset, and using simple tactics like scent can be so powerful and calming. The right perfume or essential oil can really help shift my mood, it's an instant pick-me-up!

it's incredible the control we have over our mindset, and using simple tactics like scent can be so powerful and calming. The right perfume or essential oil can really help shift my mood, it's an instant pick-me-up!
That's awesome how you use scent as a powerful tool to enhance your well-being! It's a very personal strategy, given everyone has different preferences. It's fascinating to learn how certain smells resonate with people.

Reactions: lioness
There's no denying that scents have this mysterious power to cheer us up and give us an instant mood boost or turn any space into a cozy sanctuary. It's like perfumery and aromatherapy combined!

That's awesome how you use scent as a powerful tool to enhance your well-being! It's a very personal strategy, given everyone has different preferences. It's fascinating to learn how certain smells resonate with people.
it's like an unspoken connection to our emotions and such an individual experience. It's fascinating to hear about the different scents that resonate with people and their specific associations!

There's no denying that scents have this mysterious power to cheer us up and give us an instant mood boost or turn any space into a cozy sanctuary. It's like perfumery and aromatherapy combined!
It's interesting how scent can affect our perceptions and moods so profoundly. There's a whole world of smells to explore too, and it's intriguing to think how different scents can evoke various images and memories for each person.

The impact of scent on our emotions is truly fascinating; it's almost like an instant transformation! It adds a whole new layer to our surroundings, creating an atmosphere and enhancing our experiences.

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
The impact of scent on our emotions is truly fascinating; it's almost like an instant transformation! It adds a whole new layer to our surroundings, creating an atmosphere and enhancing our experiences.
It's incredible how our senses can influence our moods so dramatically, especially when it comes to scent and memory. The right aroma can evoke pleasant feelings and bring a sense of peace and comfort.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu