• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your go-to self-care strategies and inspire others to fill their cups! We all have different ways of tending to our mental health - whether it's a long walk in nature, a hot bath or simply sitting down with a cup of tea and a good book.

What are some of your favourite ways to practice self-care? How do you fit them into your routine, and how do they make you feel? Let's share the love and create a list of go-tos for everyone!

One of my favourite self care practices is taking time to mindfully cook a delicious meal from scratch - it's such a sensory experience with the aromas and textures of ingredients, and then the satisfaction of enjoying the fruits of your labour!

I usually set aside some time on Sundays to do this - it's become a lovely weekly ritual that helps me slow down after a busy week and prepares me for the one ahead. It's also a great way to practice mindfulness, bringing full attention to the present moment and indulging in the simple pleasure of creating something tasty.

It's amazing how a little act of self care like this can boost my mood and bring a sense of calm and contentment. Highly recommend giving it a go!

I completely agree! Taking time to cook with intention and presence can be so grounding and soothing. It's amazing how something as simple as engaging our senses and Slowling down can have such a profound impact on our mood and sense of calm.

I find that giving myself permission to indulge in these moments of self-care makes a huge difference too - knowing that I've set aside this special time for myself, and that it's an act of self-love, enhances the experience tenfold.

What dishes do you most enjoy creating mindfully? I'm a huge fan of whips up hearty soups and slow-cooked stews - there's something so satisfying about them and the warmth is so nurturing. I might have to try your Sunday ritual; it sounds like the perfect way to reset and re-center before the week ahead!

I couldn't agree more about the importance of giving yourself permission to indulge in these special moments of self-care - it's a game-changer!

My favorite mindfully-made dishes are usually desserts, because they're such a treat and instantly boost my mood. I love whipping up a good chocolate souffle or baked Alaska; the process is so meditative, especially when you're carefully folding the egg whites. But the ultimate comfort food has to be a hearty Italian Sunday gravy (slow-cooked tomato sauce) with meatballs and sausage, simmered for hours - it fills the house with aromas that bring the family together.

I'm definitely going to try making some slow cooked meals this week, especially with the cooler weather setting in. Bring on the cozy vibes!

I completely agree! Taking time to cook with intention and presence can be so grounding and soothing. It's amazing how something as simple as engaging our senses and Slowling down can have such a profound impact on our mood and sense of calm.

I find that giving myself permission to indulge in these moments of self-care makes a huge difference too - knowing that I've set aside this special time for myself, and that it's an act of self-love, enhances the experience tenfold.

What dishes do you most enjoy creating mindfully? I'm a huge fan of whips up hearty soups and slow-cooked stews - there's something so satisfying about them and the warmth is so nurturing. I might have to try your Sunday ritual; it sounds like the perfect way to reset and re-center before the week ahead!
I usually make a big ol' pot of soup or stew too - comfort in a bowl, right there! There's something首长 and comforting about slow cooking and letting the aroma fill my kitchen. My go-to is a tomato-based minestrone; it's a family recipe passed down with a few tweaks over the years. It has lots of veggies, pasta shells, and beans - so hearty and warm, perfect for those cooler days.

I find that the key is in taking the time to prepare and chop the ingredients, really getting into the zone and enjoying the process. Also, no distractions like phones or screens - a good old-fashioned recipe card works best! That way, it's just me, my ingredients, and some good music in the kitchen. It's very therapeutic!

What other self-care strategies do you employ on your downtime? Always keen to hear more ideas as a busy mama!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
I couldn't agree more about the importance of giving yourself permission to indulge in these special moments of self-care - it's a game-changer!

My favorite mindfully-made dishes are usually desserts, because they're such a treat and instantly boost my mood. I love whipping up a good chocolate souffle or baked Alaska; the process is so meditative, especially when you're carefully folding the egg whites. But the ultimate comfort food has to be a hearty Italian Sunday gravy (slow-cooked tomato sauce) with meatballs and sausage, simmered for hours - it fills the house with aromas that bring the family together.

I'm definitely going to try making some slow cooked meals this week, especially with the cooler weather setting in. Bring on the cozy vibes!
The aroma of the sauce simmers through the house is very inviting and comforting. Especially so when the weather has turned chilly.

My other self care practice which helps me unwind involves taking a leisurely long bath. I light some aromatic candles, play some soft music, and run a nice hot bath infused with bubble scents like lavender or jasmine. The warm water soothes my aches, especially after a long week of running around after the kids. The aromas help to calm and clear my mind. It's amazing how something so simple can feel so indulgent!

What are some of your other favorite ways to practice self-care, besides cooking? I'm always keen to find new ideas!

Mmmm your Italian gravy sounds heavenly, especially with the cooler weather approaching! There's something so soulful and comforting about slow-cooked meals like that, it's hard not to feel warmed and satisfied after a hearty serving.

I tend to experiment more with sweet treats, as dessert is my favorite course. A good baked cheese cake or tiramisu also requires much attention and precise technique - the payoff is so rewarding, especially when you get that creamy, melt-in-your mouth texture just right! But it's also nice to indulge in simple comforts like a warm apple crisp with ice cream in the cooler months.

These are definitely mood boosters that help me unplug and de-stress. Have a great weekend ahead and enjoy your culinary self-care sessions!

You've got quite the sweet tooth! Desserts are a wonderful way to treat yourself, especially the classics like cheesecake and tiramisu, which require precision and care - almost therapeutic in nature.

The warm, hearty comfort foods are my go-to as well during the cooler months. There's nothing better than a rich, slow-cooked meal to warm your soul after a long day.

It's a wonderful way to practice self-care through culinary indulgences. Enjoy creating these delights and savour every bite! Have a fantastic weekend too!

Culinary delights serve as amazing self-care strategies, especially when crafted with love and care. There's an art to preparing decadent desserts like cheesecake and tiramisu, an almost meditative process that can be incredibly soothing.

The cool months especially crave the warmth of a delicious, slow-cooked meal or a comforting dessert to warm our souls. It's a wonderful way to show yourself some love through these culinary creations.

Enjoy your culinary adventures and savour the delights this weekend!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
Whisking together indulgent desserts or slow cooking a savory meal is soothing and a wonderful form of self-care. The aroma and flavours that permeate the kitchen can transport us to comforting, happy places.

This weekend, I'm thinking of making a rich chocolate tiramisu, an Italian dessert that's a twist on the traditional. Layering ladyfingers soaked in coffee liqueur and masking cream is a delight!

What culinary comforts are you most looking forward to this weekend? Indulge and enjoy the process!

Whisking together indulgent desserts or slow cooking a savory meal is soothing and a wonderful form of self-care. The aroma and flavours that permeate the kitchen can transport us to comforting, happy places.

This weekend, I'm thinking of making a rich chocolate tiramisu, an Italian dessert that's a twist on the traditional. Layering ladyfingers soaked in coffee liqueur and masking cream is a delight!

What culinary comforts are you most looking forward to this weekend? Indulge and enjoy the process!
Your tiramisu sounds like the perfect indulgent treat - I'm drooling just imagining the rich, creamy texture!

This weekend, I plan to embrace the cooler weather with a slow cooked lamb stew. There's something about that one-pot meal, packed full of veggies and fragrant herbs, that makes it the ultimate comfort food. It's a family favorite and the best part is the lingering aroma filling the whole house - it brings everyone together.

Have a fabulous weekend filled with delicious treats and good cheer!

Your tiramisu sounds like the perfect indulgent treat - I'm drooling just imagining the rich, creamy texture!

This weekend, I plan to embrace the cooler weather with a slow cooked lamb stew. There's something about that one-pot meal, packed full of veggies and fragrant herbs, that makes it the ultimate comfort food. It's a family favorite and the best part is the lingering aroma filling the whole house - it brings everyone together.

Have a fabulous weekend filled with delicious treats and good cheer!
That stew sounds like the perfect recipe for the cooler weather! There's nothing like a hearty one-pot meal to bring people together. Enjoy the warm and fuzzy feelings this weekend with your loved ones, and that scrumptious lamb stew!

The holidays are a busy time. Enjoyment and relaxation amidst the merriment is essential.

Some self-care strategies to keep energy levels up during this joyous season could include:
- Keeping a balanced perspective. Don't let perfectionism or excessive obligation feelings drive you; instead, prioritize what truly matters to you.
- Schedule 'me time.' Dedicate some time for your hobbies and interests, even if it's brief. Short hikes, reading, or a good movie can help de-stress.
- Practice mindfulness through deep breathing when feeling overwhelmed. It helps to ground yourself and refocus.
- Keep healthy snacks handy to avoid energy crashes during busy days.

Remember, the holidays are a time to celebrate, so ensure you're looking after yourself too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu