• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Self-Care Strategies

Photography is an amazing hobby to have, it's like being a time traveller; capturing moments and being able to revisit them is special. Some other eco-friendly practices I enjoy are upcycling and composting - giving old items a new lease of life is satisfying and helps reduce waste! Also, taking short breaks to enjoy tea or coffee outdoors, especially amidst greenery, is my simple idea of mindfulness. It's amazing how a quick connection with nature resets the mind.
I've never heard of anyone upcycling as a hobby before, it sounds interesting! And yes, I agree about short escapes into nature - they help me reset too, even if it's just sitting in a park for a bit. Sometimes I bring my journal and pen down to scribble thoughts and observations amidst the trees and birds.

Upcycling as a hobby is a fun way to practice self-care. It's amazing how some time in nature, combined with a creative outlet like journaling, can help reset and recharge. There's something special about being surrounded by greenery and wildlife - it offers a peaceful escape that helps bring clarity too. Nature has such a soothing effect, and adding a creative twist like journaling alongside really is calming.

Upcycling as a hobby is a fun way to practice self-care. It's amazing how some time in nature, combined with a creative outlet like journaling, can help reset and recharge. There's something special about being surrounded by greenery and wildlife - it offers a peaceful escape that helps bring clarity too. Nature has such a soothing effect, and adding a creative twist like journaling alongside really is calming.
That's the beauty of nature and its impact on our well-being. The simple act of surrounding yourself with greenery, especially when you combine it with a mindful practice like writing, is a powerful way to ground yourself and gain perspective. It's an effective escape that leads to some quality me-time.

Nature has an incredible calming effect and combining it with a mindful activity like writing enhances the experience tenfold. There's something about being surrounded by greenery that helps put things into perspective; it's almost like a reset button for your mind. The simplicity of this self-care strategy makes it so powerful, yet it's often overlooked. It's an affordable, accessible way to gain some headspace and peace - me-time is so essential!

I couldn’t agree more! Taking a moment to appreciate the calming influence of nature combined with the mindfulness of writing is such a wonderful way to practice self-care. There's an added depth to this strategy, as being immersed in nature almost obliges us to slow down and truly see our surroundings.

The reset button analogy is so accurate; it's like stepping away from daily life and returning with a clearer, calmer perspective. The simplicity of this strategy makes it accessible self-care that anyone can benefit from!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu